King of '94 West game day thread

halifax

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brian G (stheds2000) at 2-0 on the SNES side. So are AdamG(BobKudelski) and CoryH(the90jacket).

Halifax vs AJ now.

Stheds vs jackets, aj vs bobk coming up

SNES perfectly on schedule, Halifax running things like a bawss

Winners bracket:

BobK and stheds2000 both 3-0, will play at 7:45pm Central

1 Loss bracket:

the90jacket to play the winner of Halifax vs LeviH

AJ to play the winner of Schwabe vs Mike V

---

Halifax lays a beating on LeviH, 9-1. Hali vs the90jacket coming up.

Levi to play winner of MichaelH and BradM(sweatcalfe) in the elimination bracket.

BobK beats stheds2000 5-3 to guarantee a top 3 finish.

AJ vs Hali again, winner to play stheds2000, winner of that to play BobK

Elimination bracket is now composed of

Brad M = sweatcalfe

Cory H. = the90jacket

Derrick S = Schwabe

Schedule a bit behind. Again the game for guaranteeing a top 3 finish was played out of order; will have to come up with a way to stop that in the future.

Thanks guys. It was a tough tournament but I wanted this win pretty badly. AJ and I are staying at the same place and there was no way I wanted to see him lugging two trophies home at the end of the night.

Nice to have a trophy and the memories. There were lots of super cool guys here actually. Found some sens fans. Great tourney!

Just a short post for now boys. It's 345 am and I have to be up in two hours for my plane back to California.

I had an absolute blast here in Saskatoon again and it was a pleasure seeing everyone. I'm happy to take the gens trophy back to America and that my Saskatoon roommate Bob Kudelski took home snes. I wanted to win both so badly but he is a more then deserving champ.

A more proper recap to follow but it will have to wait a bit.

What a blast it was to play in this again, great to see a lot of familiar faces and to meet some new ones. To keep with tradition, I funneled beer and whiskey into myself until even my Irish blood was having trouble keeping me upright, at which time I slinked off into the night with some buds from town to finally get some food into my stomach.

Once I knew AJ would be there again I knew it was a longshot for me to take the trophy home, and as expected he handed my ass to me every time we played. Still a great time, and I can confirm every cent of my winnings immediately got funelled into a night of debauchery on the town. Cheers to all that attended, congrats to the winners, and I'm looking forward to the next one already

Ice I had the same first thought, but AJ's signature is directed at Plabax, so he's entitled to troll in that regard from time to time. Still, this is a cool thread. Not a good one to troll.

But, KUDOS boys. Looked like a GREAT weekend, GREAT TIME!

Wish I had been there, especially when I think about all that fun drinking/gaming going on despite the sub zero temps !!!

Congrats Bob and AJ its funny u both came 3rd in the original king of 94 .....no I don't think Plabax keyboard could have taken AJ! .... U need to destroy the snes before u leave AJ gens tradition!

AJ beat me three times in '94...so I was like "I bought NBA jam for sega, lets play that" So we did. And AJ was lighting me up all over. Then I started to make a comeback and thought I was doing awesome, until AJ informed me that computer assistance was on and kicks in once your down by a lot. So I lost twice there. And then I was like "I bought the original NHL hockey for Sega, lets play that!" then i lost to him two more times. So I just packed in for some more beer and called it a day.

It was a fun day indeed ! All of this NHL 94 awesomeness that has been going on this past year is great. We even made the local global news for playing nhl 94 ha. Thanks Miley and Darrell.

As the current jacket holder, and thus best player in the world, it was disappointing that Bob was able to squeak by me 11-4 and end my tourney. But definitely good to see him and AJ win!

AJ beat me three times in '94...so I was like "I bought NBA jam for sega, lets play that" So we did. And AJ was lighting me up all over. Then I started to make a comeback and thought I was doing awesome, until AJ informed me that computer assistance was on and kicks in once your down by a lot. So I lost twice there. And then I was like "I bought the original NHL hockey for Sega, lets play that!" then i lost to him two more times. So I just packed in for some more beer and called it a day.

Don't feel to bad it took him all of three games to kick all our a--es in TSB when he came here to play.

We actually thought we were pretty good and no way he would clean up in TSB.

His skills in 92 are proven as he won my online league with Montreal. They are skilled but have no checking ability as they are extremely light and 92 has no wt bug.

The guy is good with the sticks any game any system.

Halifax was a fantastic host. He picked me up from the airport, drove me around town, dropped me off at my place, he spent some of his own money buying trophies and getting posters, etc., to go along with more that I'm probably omitting.

How did i repay him???

post-461-0-31058100-1453183696_thumb.jpg

Sheesh I'm such a rude guest!