NHL'94 Forums

GDL GAMES-> SEASON ENDS FEB 29th @ 3:00 am eastern,(technically March 1st)

Brutus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need:

Seattle (EA) 2 games (I missed EA JUST barely several times last week, so confident this week for sure)

Calgary (Zalex) 1 game

Hartford (BOK) 2 games (reached out a few times, with no avail. Normally, I don't struggle to get games w/ BOK in)

Montreal (Habs) 2 games (Captain 2v2 needs to miss one of them and get 2 in w/ me h2h)

St Louis (Sicarius) 2 games (need to find a night when you can hang a little late & I can come in a little early)

BOK, LABS, Beavers & Ice are the biggest slackers to date.

Robro as a SUB has 38 games. Great job.

VC is up to 16 now.

BOK & LABS will not be re-invited if they come anywhere near last seasons DNP's. Need to play your games to stay in guys.

Why is Seth forcing you to wait??

That's a definite penalty for Seth x 5 if he somehow misses you after!

I COMPLETELY do not understand when guys do this. Mav pulled this crap on Lupz in Velocity, and it played a role on him staying on the "waiting to wait" list.

True, but it's not like Raph isn't available for exi's like more than any man on this site!!

But, this tactic of forcing a guy who is obviously trying to finish early (dude's logged crazy amount of games, sitting at 52 games, only behind Tex's complete 56), is not something this commish is going to not call out and IF IF IF somehow, something should happen that Raph doesn't get those 2 games in, Seth's picking 24th.

Side note, PLEASE GET YOUR GAMES SCHEDULED here.

J&J, best way to get VC is to AIM him, and he gets a text and tell him to game. He normally hops on within a few hours if he's not working. He's got a lot of games to play, so I wouldn't wait for him to reach you.

And Beavers & Labs, got guys asking for you. Get on and get some games in!:!:!:! strokes!

True, but it's not like Raph isn't available for exi's like more than any man on this site!!

But, this tactic of forcing a guy who is obviously trying to finish early (dude's logged crazy amount of games, sitting at 52 games, only behind Tex's complete 56), is not something this commish is going to not call out and IF IF IF somehow, something should happen that Raph doesn't get those 2 games in, Seth's picking 24th.

Gotta love a commish who makes up new rules mid season.

Side note, PLEASE GET YOUR GAMES SCHEDULED here.

J&J, best way to get VC is to AIM him, and he gets a text and tell him to game. He normally hops on within a few hours if he's not working. He's got a lot of games to play, so I wouldn't wait for him to reach you.

And Beavers & Labs, got guys asking for you. Get on and get some games in!:!:!:! strokes!

LOL, I've tried hooking up with a few guys to no avail. Usually have about two blocks of time per week that end up working and have a tough time knowing when they will be until shortly before. I'll probably be around Sunday morning and Monday evening this week.

My availability is tough, but here's what I'm thinking short-term.

Sunday AM until about 11 AM CST
Monday evening from about 7-10 CST

I need:

EA - Seattle x 2
RoBro - Chicago x 4
Icestorm - Buffalo x 1
VC - Florida x 2

Edited by beavers33

This is my 3rd league. Last two I completed 100%.

I have played everyone in my schedule except for Florida coached by Vocally Caged. We have 4 games...

Trouble is, he has only played 16 games total. Pretty sure he is dead last completion-wise.

VC, you there? Can we schedule our 4?

I need..... oh wait nobody, great job Brutus, at this pace, and this type of strong arming we should get a really high completion rate.

I've been updating my availability a couple times per week with little to no responses. That thread is best way to book games with me. Check out link... EA Availability thread

Hope that works for you guys!

Games remaining:

LABS - Pittsburgh x 2

Plabax - Arizona x 1 1/3

Uncle Seth - LA x 2

Zeppelin - Edmonton x 4

RoBro - Chicago x 2

Darko - Detroit x 2

Icestorm - Buffalo x 2

brutus - Rockford x 2 (thx for trying to hook up last week, we'll get it in this week)

VC - Florida x 2

Bo - Hartford x 2

Beav - Min x 2

Zalex - Calgary x 2

Sicarius - St. Louis x 2

This is my 3rd league. Last two I completed 100%.

I have played everyone in my schedule except for Florida coached by Vocally Caged. We have 4 games...

Trouble is, he has only played 16 games total. Pretty sure he is dead last completion-wise.

VC, you there? Can we schedule our 4?

Aqua, VC replaced Depch who only played 2 games.

He's played 16 games SINCE he took over, which is ahead of pace.

Beavers, whenever my schedule is getting tight, like EA's as well, I try to PM the players I never see on with me, and get aggressive in setting up some games. It prevents that last week of schedule left trying to cram 8 games with guys who all play at the wrong times. Not saying you are WRONG, just saying it's how I always get to 100% with a late night only schedule. So basicaly, after the first week or two, I have to reach out to find out when I can get games in, because 50% of the guys don't play when I do.

Gotta love a commish who makes up new rules mid season.

So, instead of acknowledging you are potentially screwing over Raph's 100% completion and any records he's chasing, and acknowledging its a very selfish stance to take, you choose to attack my commish style.

That's Ok. It's not like you didn't USE THE DRAFT GOOGLE SHEET Raph created that Plabax updated over, or aren't using Raph's AWESOME ROM he created, and all the things of gratitude I think we should owe Raph, instead you fart in his general direction.

I mean, I get I've got my brown nose all up in Raph's arse here, but I'm telling you, at least it's smelling like roses. Dudes been 1000% stellar for this site/league, and to me, it's one of the last guys I'd treat selfishly in scheduling my games.

Get your act together and play your games with the guy, cause Pick #24 is coming your way if not!!! :)

(I'll do one better. Play your game by end of tonight, and I'll set myself to pick #24 in place. Now you have additional incentive bud.)

Beavers, whenever my schedule is getting tight, like EA's as well, I try to PM the players I never see on with me, and get aggressive in setting up some games. It prevents that last week of schedule left trying to cram 8 games with guys who all play at the wrong times. Not saying you are WRONG, just saying it's how I always get to 100% with a late night only schedule. So basicaly, after the first week or two, I have to reach out to find out when I can get games in, because 50% of the guys don't play when I do.

Brutus speaks truths here. Know a block of time that works for you and post it on the forums. However, more times than not, it's more effective to send out a couple PMs per week to try to knock those games out. Most guys are willing to set up times pretty quickly. I'll be doing that this week myself.

You're in a hissy fit over hypothetical situations Adolf. I'm in no way a threat to any of his stat records he's chasing. I've always played my games vs him. He has a preference get them done right away and have a preference to push them later in the season. We usually meet in the middle. I don't see that as selfish. And lastly, aside from the first couple weeks, I have been on mostly very late at night when it's just me, Lupz and JV around.

Edited by Uncle Seth

My availability is tough, but here's what I'm thinking short-term.

Sunday AM until about 11 AM CST

Monday evening from about 7-10 CST

I need:

LABS - Pittsburgh x 2

Plabax - Arizona x 2

Uncle Seth - LA x 2 - Had time for 2. Missed a msg from him tonight.

EA - Seattle x 2 - Tried to play, then thought we'd played because we both thought the other was someone else.

Zeppelin - Edmonton x 2

RoBro - Chicago x 4 - Messaged on aim a ton of times with no response.

Darko - Detroit x 2

Icestorm - Buffalo x 1

brutus - Rockford x 2 - Will try to play Sunday morning or Monday night.

Habs - Montreal x 2

JackVandal - Hamilton x 4

Jackandjose - Colorado x 2 - Tried our games. Horrible connection.

VC - Florida x 2 - Shouldn't be a problem.

Bo - Hartford x 2

Will be on tonight!

Yeah, I just haven't had much time to play, period. New systems/products at my office, so I'm spending a lot of time training staff and what not. My schedule has been so unpredictable that I haven't bothered to try setting up games. I just get them in whenever I have a 30 minute block to log on. I've always finished my seasons without DNPs and will make sure that continues, whatever it takes.

Got my games in w/ Beavers & Zep last night.

Zep & I had HORRIBLE, UNPLAYABLE LAG for the second straight time. So, we SWITCHED to server mode, and it worked like a charm. Server removes Hamachi as the connection between you & your opponent, and SOMETIMES, Hamachi is the issue. If you don't have lag with anyone else, your opponent doesn't have lag with others, but you have lag with each other, it's Hamachi.

To use Server, it's the same as playing 2v2. Go inside the Netplay option (requires OLD Kaillera), goto Client mode, click Excellent quality instead of lan, and try to find a site closest to one of the two of you (this is done by clicking on "Master Client List" & then clicking once on PING, and it sorts them by fastest connect for you to slowest. Figure out which city your opponent is playing in as well, and pick a site by you or him.) . You might need to test out a few sites to see which one gives you a strong enough connect, as 5v5 requires much more stronger connect to run in a playable format than 2v2.

Sometimes we forget about this option. Zep is in Baltimore & I'm in Chicago. Game 1 he hosted, and I picked us a New York site, as it was closer to him but I still had a decent PING to it. That went fairly smooth ESPECIALLY compared to the crap we were trying to use!. Game 2, we tried at the site in Chicago and it was fairly laggy again, even though it showed decent PING for us & mine was exceptional (11 PING). We reset and went back to the New York site, which was again smooth.

So, when using SERVER you some times need to test a few sites. We had an agreement to just quit if it was unplayable and start again at a different site.

Team Detroit

I need:

Atomic

Bo

Ice

Zep

Labs

Beavers

EA

VC

Seth

I m available most of the time on weekend from noon to 6 PM friday,4 AM to 6 PM on saturday and Sunday. Except this saturday not here after noon and not be back before 8 AM Sunday.

I can be there in the week if not too late for me and depends of work.

I can make some effort to schedule something good.

Time is eastern time

Thx guys

I need:
ZEPP X2
BO X4
ATOMIC RAVEN X 4
LABS X2
BRUTUS X2
SOH X2
SICARIOUS X2
ASSTORM X2

I'll be around almost all the time on weekday. Just PM or post here when you want to schedule. (Not available Friday and probably much of this weekend).