NHL'94 Forums

Thats a wrap on Principal photography

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to keep you diehards in the loop. Last Saturday I finished all my main filming for the movie. I have a few pick up scenes to be filmed in the next few months but the MEAT of the film is done. I have spent the last year and 3 months getting all the interviews and research done to put this whole journey into a complete story. I'm working with writers and producers now to take all the info and make something that is true to the subject matter and yet have universal appeal.

King of Kong on the surface was a Donkey Kong Movie, but underneath it was about the human competitive sprit.

The new Jake the Snake Doc isn't really about wrestling, its about hitting rock bottom and making a comeback.

So Pixelated Heroes on the surface is a doc about NHL '94, but underneath its about childhood nostalgia and its evolution as time goes on.

Lots of stuff will be cut from the documentary as I have to cut around 200 hours of footage to just under 2. This will give me lots of bonus features I can put into a Blue Ray release. We will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in the summer to raise funds to put into editing/marketing and buying licensed footage.

So a question for you all... types of "perks" would you guys like to see?

Cheers,

Mikey

First, congrats! You have hit a lot of milestones, and this is another biggie.

The main thing I would throw into a kickstarter camaign seeking -- and the most obvious perk -- is a DVD of the movie. And I hope the DVD extras has some uncut interviews with Jim Simmons and Mark Lesser!!!

First, congrats! You have hit a lot of milestones, and this is another biggie.

The main thing I would throw into a kickstarter camaign seeking -- and the most obvious perk -- is a DVD of the movie. And I hope the DVD extras has some uncut interviews with Jim Simmons and Mark Lesser!!!

When I sat down with Jim I read to him word for word the message you wrote on the last post :)

When I sat down with Jim I read to him word for word the message you wrote on the last post :)

Really? That is totally cool!! I sure hope he considers doing a kickstarter to fund the game as I described! Thanks for putting that idea out there!

Yay BluRay!

That's all I wanted :D

How many hours of extra video do you think you can / want to cram onto the disc?

I too would really like to hear the full interviews with some of the developers and creators.

And King of 94 tourney footage.

BLOOPER REEL -- How many times did the 94 alumni players miss the net replicating the one-timer??

Not sure what the usual kickstarter bonus things are.. t-shirt/mug type stuff? A mug would be kinda cool actually... shirts are kind of hard to make use of.

Yay BluRay!

That's all I wanted :D

How many hours of extra video do you think you can / want to cram onto the disc?

I too would really like to hear the full interviews with some of the developers and creators.

And King of 94 tourney footage.

BLOOPER REEL -- How many times did the 94 alumni players miss the net replicating the one-timer??

Not sure what the usual kickstarter bonus things are.. t-shirt/mug type stuff? A mug would be kinda cool actually... shirts are kind of hard to make use of.

I think 6 hours can be crammed in. Mark's and Michael Brook where 4 hours each. Jim was an hour & 45mins.

There is a bunch of off stuff that is off the record so I could cut each down to a solid 30-45 mins of continuous interview.

• Thanks 1

It's always great to get an update from you Mikey!

In terms of perks, here are some ideas:

-copy of movie
-Pixelated Heroes or NHL 94 branded items (hockey puck, mini-stick, ball cap, shirt, mug, SNES or Genesis controller, signed poster)

-name listed in credits of the movie

-Buffalo Airways visit

-dinner with Mikey

When I used to work on Trailer Park Boys, I produced, edited a lot of the extra features DVD content. I always liked editing a blooper reel (although a blooper reel could be included as part of credits).

However I would say...include items for segments that you really enjoyed filming but won't be able to make the final cut....sort of a 'delete scenes' kind of thing.

excellent. congratulations on getting this far this quickly. the rest sure isn't easy, but it's clear that you will get it done. thanks for being a doer.

Thanks for the update Mikey! I can't wait to see how ugly we all look in hi-def. I second the trip to Buffalo Airways as a perk. Not sure if you got any extra jerseys signed (maybe by Mark, Michael or Jim, or any of the stars), those would be a good idea to put into the upper tier donations.

Great to hear on the progress!

I like Bob's idea for Perks.

And Blooper Reel deleted scenes.

Halifax you worked on Trailer Park Boys DVD?