NHL'94 Forums

Free Drafting/Trading Advice

TomKabs93

Once in a lifetime opportunity here. Through my good relationship with Plabax and my own career experiences I feel like I have a solid grasp on building a team. Ask me anything.

For the next week my services are free, but after that it goes back up to CDN$ 1.00/hr

I have 2.10, 2.14, 2.23, 3.2, 4.13, 4.14, 7.2, 8.23, 9.2, 10.23, 11.2, 12.23.....

What do u think?

I have 2.10, 2.14, 2.23, 3.2, 4.13, 4.14, 7.2, 8.23, 9.2, 10.23, 11.2, 12.23.....

What do u think?

Holy crap. 6 picks in the first 4 rounds is nice. I'd draft all three forwards in the 2nd round, then a goalie, in the 3rd, then your dmen in the 4th.

Gonna have a nicely balanced lineup.

Personally I think the guy you use at 3F is not worth such a high draft pick and would advise against going F,F,F. Your 3F will likely be as productive as a 6th or 7th rounder. A top D or G is MUCH rarer, and worthy of a pick in the 2nd.

Also, just take 5 minutes and look at ADP and decide would you rather have playera A,B,C or X,Y,Z or A,B,Z, etc. Will really clear up your thoughts.

That's my advice, no more posts from me on TK's advice thread...sorry!

Personally I think the guy you use at 3F is not worth such a high draft pick and would advise against going F,F,F. Your 3F will likely be as productive as a 6th or 7th rounder. A top D or G is MUCH rarer, and worthy of a pick in the 2nd.

Also, just take 5 minutes and look at ADP and decide would you rather have playera A,B,C or X,Y,Z or A,B,Z, etc. Will really clear up your thoughts.

That's my advice, no more posts from me on TK's advice thread...sorry!

That's some great advice raph. You've convinced me, really. Post as many times as you please in this thread, I appreciate all the help.

Go with this labs, it's your best bet

When you build a team, do you generally look for a good scoring duo? What do you look for in a C? Any playing secrets that you haven't yet revealed?

When you build a team, do you generally look for a good scoring duo? What do you look for in a C? Any playing secrets that you haven't yet revealed?

He looks for an elite skating fast forward with stickhandling skills like JR, Klima, Gartner, Yzerman, Modano. Anything less and he's not satisfied. TK wants to take it end to end with the same guy, rarely passing it, and through heavy traffic. In other words, he could care less who the other guys on the team are, as long as they're relatively agile and light. Give him a Tony Amonte and Borshevski as wingers and he's a happy guy. As long as they can make a breakout pass to his centerman and be in the vicinity to put in any rebounds his slick center doesn't get to first......that's all he asks. D-men don't matter, throw him a couple of 6/3/3 clones and he's good to go. TK doesn't utilize his teammates well nor does he want to. He's a master deker, loves the fancy pants stuff. But it works for him and he'll make your goalie look drunk in net.

I miss anything TK?

Edited by Uncle Seth