NHL'94 Forums

Poll: WHo do you think will be the next Red wings captain

Steveyzerman

Who do you think will be the red wings captain, now Stevey Y has retired  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the red wings captain, now Stevey Y has retired

• Nick Lidstrom
    • Henrik Zetterberg
    • other

Just looking at hockeydb.com..22 seasons. 17 50+ point campaigns. He reached the century mark 6 times, with his best being 155 points in 88-89. Plus the cup wins, and what will surely put him in the hall of fame...Best centerman in NHL 94.

Even though he wasn't really productive in his last few seasons, it was stil great to watch, "The Captain".

Chelios and Shanahan could wear the C for almost any team, but yes, it's probably going to Lidstrom

I'll miss him. A class act. I actually met him last summer.

Cool!! I wish I could meet him.

I think it should be Lidstrom, he has been at thje club the longest. I hop Shanahan signs 4 the red wings

It's gonna be weird with a Red Wings team without Yzerman.. Well I instantly thought of Lidstrom, for many reasons.. And I'm sticking to that. Although Shanahan would be possible as well..

..so Chelios is gonna play another season?? Wow, there's no stop in that guy is there?

Oh Well Shanahan can't be captain coz he has agreed to a deal for the New York Rangers http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2514278 . So that could only Lidstrom, maybe Chellios if not Lidstrom..

Oh no.. What is this coming to.. So I guess this is going to be Zetterberg and Datsyuk's year then.. And Lidström's of course, but that's just given, every year is Lidströms year.

^^

Oh no.. What is this coming to.. So I guess this is going to be Zetterberg and Datsyuk's year then.. And Lidström's of course, but that's just given, every year is Lidströms year.

^^

Yeh Lidstrom is going to have a big year, so is Datsyuk and Zetterberg, they will have no rivals for thier positions, lol. Shanahan was good while he lasted.