NHL'94 Forums

please let this topic stay, allow folks to have at me without consequence, here

tru

Okay plabax you only defend tru because you like to be different

Nobody hates him just to fit in, that's crazy talk. He's obviously a bad person, and I take it personally because it's beyond annoying having that around for years and years

lol!! I defend tru because I'm in the same boat.

There are a number of guys who will cuss at me and only me because everyone else does. Look at skip. He cussed me out for nitpicking his NHL '16 ratings.. But when Depch did the same, skip was the nicest guy in the community. You were even the one to bring it up to me. Remember how hard kupuck would try to hate on me just to look cool for the mods? He probably had pictures of hali in his wallet and a larger one covering the mirror in his room.

It's just how it works. People aren't comfortable speaking out against others. The comfort is only there if everyone else does. How many times have you seen someone speak like a saint on the forums but then cuss like a sailor and gossip like a little girl in a private AIM chat? There was even a time when Houly posted your chat logs on the forums and you weren't too happy about it because it represented what I am referring to.

Don't take it personal. You don't want to end up being the guy who talks to his wife, friends, and doctor about getting trolled on NHL '94 forums by some guy named tru.

lol!! I defend tru because I'm in the same boat.

There are a number of guys who will cuss at me and only me because everyone else does. Look at skip. He cussed me out for nitpicking his NHL '16 ratings.. But when Depch did the same, skip was the nicest guy in the community. You were even the one to bring it up to me. Remember how hard kupuck would try to hate on me just to look cool for the mods? He probably had pictures of hali in his wallet and a larger one covering the mirror in his room.

It's just how it works. People aren't comfortable speaking out against others. The comfort is only there if everyone else does. How many times have you seen someone speak like a saint on the forums but then cuss like a sailor and gossip like a little girl in a private AIM chat? There was even a time when Houly posted your chat logs on the forums and you weren't too happy about it because it represented what I am referring to.

Don't take it personal. You don't want to end up being the guy who talks to his wife, friends, and doctor about getting trolled on NHL '94 forums by some guy named tru.

For sure, I know that people love jumping on the hatewagon, it's natural. People definitely do that to you. Skip was a jerk for doing that, and then he got mad at me when I brought it up on the forums. Kupuck hated everyone who carse feuded with because he had his balls in his mouth daily. To me though tru is totally different. I think he deserves every bit of it.

I don't even think tru is a troll tbh. I used to think that, but he's just so wack that I don't even know what to think.

I hate getting so worked up over him but I'm only human :glare:

Edited by TomKabs93

....you like to be different

that seems to be accurate.

Nobody hates him just to fit in....

actually, yes, they do. I'm not sure I can remember enough details to find where somebody admitted doing exactly that, but it has happened at least once. I suspect three or four of y'all just take other peoples' words on it and jump in, mob rules.

"hey, why are we kicking this guy?"

"I think somebody said he grilled his neigher."

"horse-cooking scum!"

....He's obviously a bad person

oof.

....I take it personally because it's beyond annoying....

aw, poor Kaberle! do you think you can recover?

....people love jumping on the hatewagon, it's natural. People definitely do that to you. Skip was a jerk for doing that, and then he got mad at me when I brought it up on the forums. Kupuck hated everyone who carse feuded with because he had his balls in his mouth daily. To me though tru is totally different. I think he deserves every bit of it....

throwing your cake and eating it, too, eh? classy. Edited by tru

In all fairness to TomKabs, the guy who started the Gens blurriness thread asked if anyone else had experienced it. TomKabs posted that he did and learned to live with it. There was no reason for tru to post in that thread and attack TomKabs. That definitely deserves a warning point.

My gens has always been like this. It's annoying but all you can do is learn to live with it :(
"live with it?! or figure out the issue and fix it! or switch to any "other CPU." you don't explain if you figured out the problem and incompatibility prevents changes or if you have no idea and are just giving terrible advice so others share your misery. wow, wow, wow. the advice holds in general, but specifically for this issue, don't pay attention to this guy above; somebody will get you there. "

Posting in the LI tourney thread, he made a post could be taken offensive, and served no purpose to the conversation. That deserves another warning point.

"Canadian? y'all are looking for some explanation of the popularity of the one you don't like, but it's not a simple geographic thing. I don't think you'll find any correlating aspect you like -- don't look at IQ/education level."

If you are trying to be sarcastic, remember that sarcasm does not always pass in written form, and think twice about what you say before posting. And don't post in a thread unless you are bringing something to the conversation, or else you are "trolling".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Oh, and you aren't the only person who gets warning points, so we aren't out "to get you".

[removed double post]

hey, look! a post of mine that actually deserves to be deleted.

Edited by tru

In all fairness to TomKabs....

everybody else gets fairness, it seems... even him.

....There was no reason for tru to post in that thread and attack TomKabs.

please attempt to define "attack" in a manner that is inclusive of my post's content and intent.

That definitely deserves a warning point.

maybe define "definitely," too.

seriously, though, thanks for the very specific clarification. I do think thrice before hitting "post" and you are seeing the constrained and self-edited versions of my interactions here. I feel that the rules for me and the rules for others have very different breaking points.

I think the first excerpt from deleted content proves my point. (you can reread that over and over and if you, in any reading, see anything worthy of full post deletion, you are spinning like the worst of doctors.) the second one shown includes a tiny jab while making a point, so I get it, but my posts like this get deleted while that is not how the unrelated rants, insulting content get to stay. the double standard is a continuing issue. I can't know if/when other get "points," but I can surely see when their posts get to stay after mine are deleted.

would you be willing to clarify if there are rules to what these mean and what actions are taken at which thresholds? may I have the extra one removed? thanks for getting into the details, the heart of the matter, with us.

Edited by tru

live with it?! or figure out the issue and fix it! or switch to any "other CPU." you don't explain if you figured out the problem and incompatibility prevents changes or if you have no idea and are just giving terrible advice so others share your misery. wow, wow, wow. the advice holds in general, but specifically for this issue, don't pay attention to this guy above; somebody will get you there.

You just don't seem to be able to see that your way of writing comes off as really obnoxious / disdainful...

Like I said, no one cares about your "truths" (opinions) if you wrap them in unpalatable poop

all you can do is learn to live with it

That's why I removed TomKabs post, because it says he should simply give up. Better to say, I couldn't fix it and I just live with it.

everybody else gets fairness, it seems... even him.

So do you. How many threads of yours have been hijacked? And if they have, have we sorted it out?

please attempt to define "attack" in a manner that is inclusive of my post's content and intent.

You said "you don't explain if you figured out the problem and incompatibility prevents changes or if you have no idea and are just giving terrible advice so others share your misery. wow, wow, wow. the advice holds in general, but specifically for this issue, don't pay attention to this guy above". TomKabs answered the OP request if "anyone else had seen this", and he let the OP know that he has the problem too. He didn't give any "terrible advice", he doesn't know the solution.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/attack - 2: to assail with unfriendly or bitter words

maybe define "definitely," too.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/definitely - in a clear and definite manner

seriously, though, thanks for the very specific clarification. I do think thrice before hitting "post" and you are seeing the constrained and self-edited versions of my interactions here. I feel that the rules for me and the rules for others have very different breaking points.

I'm sure you are not the only person who thinks we are only out the get just them, but guess what, we try to follow the rules with everyone. Warning points are given out often. I appreciate the think thrice, and wish many others followed that thinking.

I think the first excerpt from deleted content proves my point. (you can reread that over and over and if you, in any reading, see anything worthy of full post deletion, you are spinning like the worst of doctors.) the second one shown includes a tiny jab while making a point, so I get it, but my posts like this get deleted while that is not how the unrelated rants, insulting content get to stay. the double standard is a continuing issue. I can't know if/when other get "points," but I can surely see when their posts get to stay after mine are deleted.

Think again, there was valid reasons to remove that post. You brought zero to that topic, why should your post stay? And TomKabs' post was removed too, and so were all the other insulting ones that followed. This happens often, open your blinders.

would you be willing to clarify if there are rules to what these mean and what actions are taken at which thresholds? may I have the extra one removed? thanks for getting into the details, the heart of the matter, with us.

I tried to see how to remove the warning points and couldn't figure it out. The Mod group knows you were given an extra, so we will take this into account the next time you cause a violation.

That's why I removed TomKabs post, because it says he should simply give up. Better to say, I couldn't fix it and I just live with it.

That really deserved to be deleted though? :wacko:

That really deserved to be deleted though? :wacko:

Shrug, I see what you're saying, I could have left it, but then I'd have to consider posting something about, let's actually try to solve the problem and not give up, and then I'm just writing a nicer version of trus post and that's weird, so I just got rid of it all. It's not like it goes on your record or something.

He says it's a particular computer that it's blurry on and the others are fine, so there must be some solution.

You just don't seem to be able to see that your way of writing comes off as really obnoxious / disdainful....

or I don't see how that is something a bunch of adults can't handle.

....How many threads of yours have been hijacked?...

I don't know. I feel like we can sort it out ourselves, usually, though, if/when it does happen.

....I'm sure you are not the only person who thinks we are....out [to] get....them

then maybe chill out a bit, so we don't feel like we're tiptoeing around potentially tearmaking conversations. I suspect the stuff you deleted could have stayed without anybody pissing themselves in a state of being that offended.

....I appreciate the think thrice, and wish many others followed that thinking.

thank you. I've built a little bit of a filter since I stopped using heroin, but I still bring honesty and think sugarcoating stuff is worse than letting a potentially troublesome thought flow freely.

....there was valid reasons to remove that post. You brought zero to that topic, why should your post stay?...

well, I guess I just straight disagree. I think his and mine should have stay as a point and counterpoint. he offered defeatism and I offered a suggestion of ignoring defeatism. seeing something further than that is looking for jaywalking tickets to write. I can cross the street without my mommy.

....I tried to see how to remove the warning points and couldn't figure it out. The Mod group knows you were given an extra, so we will take this into account the next time you cause a violation.

cool, thanks. I appreciate the clarification very much. I will try to not have a next time, but my ability to predict them sucks, obviously, so I'm sure there will be a next time.

That really deserved to be deleted though?...

I don't really think so. it was freaking terrible advise, but, although there is harm in bad advise, you should be free to give it.

RIOTS

do you wish we were out of control in here? I think this thread is proving that we can handle tough subject matter with direct criticism and no broken hearts.

....I could have left it, but then I'd have to consider posting....a nicer version of trus post....

and we can't be having that, now, can we? I mean... my post was supposedly so awful that it had to be deleted, but the message was still needed... shoot that messenger! I'm sick of being shot for bringing unwanted news. Edited by tru

or I don't see how that is something a bunch of adults can't handle.

Because why be an ass?

IT"S SO SIMPLE (and as an adult you should be able to understand this)

We shouldn't need to "handle" anything; you should be able to communicate agreeably.

Because why be an ass?

IT"S SO SIMPLE (and as an adult you should be able to understand this)

We shouldn't need to "handle" anything; you should be able to communicate agreeably.

This is where I think people get too personal. It's the internet, you should be able to handle a little trolling on some NHL '94 forums. Makes no sense to be worrying about some guy bashing GENS '94 at the age of 35-40 on a personal level. Don't you have other things to worry about? When I'm 35, the last thing I'll be worrying about is how some guy (that I don't even know) made fun of a bug in a game I liked.. lol

"lol"

You don't get it either.

We shouldn't need to bother with people being jerks. That's why people react, because they want those people to go away (after they've shown they can't get along).

This isn't the YouTube comments section or Reddit. It's not xbox live. This is our community dedicated to a game we enjoy. We want it to be a nice place to be. Jerks (or those behaving in a jerk-like fashion, because I'm sure in their normal social setting they're kinda normal) aren't welcome. Jerks are ostracized.

Sure you don't want be the guy that invents other people doing stuff. They don't do. I agree that some people are double faced and there's a mob effect. I however dislike true mostly because he used to be such a bigger s**t eater back in the day.

I can't believe you guys are bowing down to this fake crybaby crap. He attacked me because I told Raven that I've felt the pain of gens blurriness ever since I started. Wtfff.

I don't think my post should have been deleted, it wasn't unhelpful, it was fine.

Tru has tamed himself down, but he's just as big a jerk as he was 5 years ago.

Exactly. Well said.

I didn't read most of this topic but I think I get the gist that Tru wants his perception changed.

All I can say is change your actions and don't justify what you've done in the past.

Many people considered me to be an abrasive pain in the ass during my first run as a player. I think now that perception is mostly changed. I didn't ask for it or demand it, I just decided to change my approach and people gradually started thinking different.

It feels more genuine to other people if you just do something instead of saying you will do it and ask to be rewarded.

That's my two cents and I'm done here.

gotcha, Jay: stop being "angry," right? I did that, with a toned way down version of my previous self, displayed here for years with a much lower frequency of troublesome interactions, but I don't seem to be getting any of the response that one might hope would come from that, in reactions from other members and in tickets issued from los puercos. I have soiled my own pants, but I have been trying to get my laundry done for years. I'll be fine, I just would surely prefer the others to appreciate the efforts. the first bunch of posts in this thread give me some hope, but I get that people are sick of me and that only so much will change at their ends. stay tuned; I'll be here for a while.

there have been a couple of update-worthy events. somebody deleted the extra strike against me. thank you. somebody created a member category for my profile and the old one that came before this one. I get that you think that's needed, so I won't ask to have it undone, but if that can be changed to a lowercase 't,' I'd appreciate it. watch your profile subtitle, folks -- if you suddenly become "Tru," you might be in trouble!

I like Angry Jay's advice.

Here is my own advice to you:

1. Register under a new name, and make your posts with a new identity. "Tru" has too much baggage for some people here. Just seeing a post from "Tru" generates a reaction independent of what you say.

2. Use "tru" account only for your projects, like cartridges and the Ninety Flow stuff. Any opinions or general comments use the new identity

3. Do not *ever* comment on differences between GENs and SNES, especially the merits or differences of each. Avoid these comments with both identities

Here is advice to others:

1. If Tru makes a post that annoys you or is irrelevant, ignore it!!! Making a comment or rebuke just clutters up and/or derails threads

Regarding this piece of advice, Tru has commented on many of my threads. And sometimes, IMO, he drops the proverbial turd in the punch bowl. But I follow my own advice above and just ignore it, hoping others do too, so things stay on track.

when I switched to a new account, it was with the intent of moving on. I had reached 1994 posts with the old one. (then an old section or a bunch of old posts were lost/deleted, so I logged back into it to get back to that level... then one came back from the void and pushed it to 1995.) I don't think I need another... maybe when I get this one to 1994, which I promise I am in no hurry to do. stop discussing the difference between the systems? uh... no. the Genesis version gets almost all of the discussion, so exploring the other three versions is always done through that lens. I love that there are differences, significantly because they help us understand the ways the games work. if I want to understand how to convert discoveries made in one to related revolutions in the others, I discuss the differences. I try not to be harsh to the games on the inferior ends of comparisons between the versions. I used to think that was fun, with the trashtalk action as part of competitive gaming, but y'all insisted it had no place, so I stepped it way down.

now I'm in a category of my own, where I am not supposed to do anything but work on my ROMs? I don't fucking think so. I think it's outrageous that such a suggestion was made with seriousness. I understand that my actions in the first half of my decade here earned me that reaction from other members, but it's all too much. let me talk about league topics -- maybe I'm considering joining one if/when I get a hardwired connection -- for the issues inherent within them translates quite easily into languages used in the things you think I should be regulated to. go back to using the nhl94online message boards for secret discussions not meant for the wider community. I'm here. I belong here. please stop trying to box me out. it is not cool and it devalues the whole place in ways I feel are greater than anything I've ever been accused of. what does a newcomer think when they see that they see this stuff about/at/from a guy who has been trying to play nicely for years? it has to be disheartening. can we turn the corner, yet?

and now it's real, aqua... you get your wish through executive actions made.

I have been informed that I am no longer able to post in many sections of this forum. I am trying to get back to second-class membership through deliberate intent to play more nicely every day. now it seems that having these discussions has bumped me down to fourth-class membership. for the first time that I can recall in my decade here, I am actually angered by this change. it seems like revenge for supposed transgressions from many years ago. I am greatly disappointed in this and I have not had it sufficiently explained to me about what it mean in my quest to improve our interactions. I think it is a giant step in the wrong direction, but I look forward to keeping you all updated on if and how I will be allowed to work back toward legitimacy and being accepted by the community as a whole.

color me greatly disappointed. I am very honestly trying to be a better friend to you all, but my deck is being stacked by the house. I invite you all to read the "welcome" thread, the ROM hacking threads, the ratings discussions threads -- my whole current profile of posts, even -- and ask if you think I have a net positive or negative effect around here. I wish to allowed to grow into a better member, not boxed out to stunt such growth.

The only section of the forums you are banned from posting in is the league forums. Quit whining, shape up, and be more respectable, and we'll give that back to you. For now we are trying to keep the league forums clear of riffraff and off-topic stuff.

Your attitude and forum rapport had been improving for a while (all of us mods agreed) until lately. Who cares if some guys on the forum don't like your posts, there's no need to blow up and ruin it for everyone else.

well, I disagree that I ruined anything and I have been trying to keep that stuff here, where it is not interfering, so the timing of this new policy toward me is, uh, weird. I'll be cool and hopefully y'all will see that I'm a good and helpful person... a benefit, a benefactor. thanks for the discussion, guys. I offended another moderator in a private message, due mostly to his twisting my words and intent to something very different. he has blocked me. I extended my apologies privately and I extend them again publicly. I felt that I should be able to reach out to the volunteer staff and vent a little and ask questions and have my side be known. I chose the wrong bud at the wrong time, I think. I am sorry for the extra work and stress I have caused anybody here. again, thanks for taking the time to communicate with me -- it's a lot better than seeing my content being removed and being issued demerits over trivial matters. any and ALL members of the community are welcomed to drop by for some games and whatnot, if/when in Maine. this place is freaking huge and you can very seriously stay and play, in large or small groups.