NHL'94 Forums

No CPU loading scores

Brutus

Red flagging FPB for now.

I'm really busy at work and don't have time to sift through things, but I've got 2 separate coaches who I've never seen have an issue with anyone or anything stating FPB is record chasing by uploading CPU games giving JR extra goals.

Please post your replies here for now. I've got him booted from GDL Group chat for now

Do not bother playing/uploading any FPB games, because might have to delete all of them now.

FYI, it should be NOTED that FPB is not agreeing he's done anything wrong, so I'd like to not have everyone jump to any public conclusions. I might have chosen a better format to handle this than the forum, but honeslty, TOO busy at work, and will have to deal with the backlash as it falls for it if I was wrong to post the dispute public.

My opinion, if it ends up being a misunderstanding, then that'll play out on here.

Love the investigation in this.

Great stuff you took time to get my side of the story before posting this.

The only one I know is J&J who litteraly refused to continue a game where he ''crashed'' where I was leading 6-1 with 3 mins left. He even explicitly told me to play the CPU the rest of the way and then went crying to you.

f**k this.

AFAIK That's the default when opponents deliberately refuse to complete a started game or refuse to play outright.

I played the score to the same exact time and score and played from there on out. The CPU managed to do better than J&J If that's any comfort.

As for the other player: I Have no idea who we're talking about so I have no idea what's the bad thing I supposedly done. Maybe I fucked up doing a ''recreation'' after crash or just uploaded a wrong save state. Who knows. I just know that J&J can go eat a bag of dicks.

DmTAXwo.png

Edited by The Russian Rocket

Ok, SINCE I made this a public post, I'll post my reply here.

It was brought to my attention by another coach that the stats vs FPB seemed to be wrong, and perhaps the wrong games, plural, were loaded.

Shortly after this, J&J notified me/us on the group chat he had a similar issue with FPB. At this time, I booted FPB from the group chat, because to be honest, he can really go hog wild and spam/flame out, and the rest of the guys in question on this issue are very mellow, not looking for all the drama. I then did not have time to question anyone involved, but wanted everyone to be able to lay out their "side" of the story. Given that there were 3 parties involved, and two of them at least might not be around again for a while, I thought it best to get it on the forum.

As it stands, FPB has decided to flame on about this post, and all, but J&J and the other coach have stated they did not care to be involved in all the drama. FPB has clearly only posted a VERY SMALL portion of his AIM chat w/ J&J above. I have seen the entire AIM chat, and will ban FPB if he can't act like less of well, a dick. Quit if you don't like threats. I don't really care. Your over flaming, hyper crazy mode can be a bit much here. I tolerate it but I don't have to.

YOU ARE A WAY better player than me, and I DO NOT want to be lose a top player, but really. I'm not the issue here.

I'm going to delete the CPU version of the game FPB loaded up. It is NEVER Ok to play the CPU and load up those stats. Period. I am going to have J&J load up the version of the game saved from the desynch.

From that going forward, please note I cannot remove that someone has questioned your integrity, nor that I posted this question openly on the forum, NOR do I think I should. I did delete Tru's stupid post and will do so in all GDL threads.

I do think you should not have played CPU and loaded that up on the first week especially. There is a game stitcher since you guys already had the save state from the crash, you didn't need to sim any of the rest of the game. Replacing it with a higher scoring, JR only goal fest speaks volumes to the other questions, imo.

Ok, SINCE I made this a public post, I'll post my reply here.

It was brought to my attention by another coach that the stats vs FPB seemed to be wrong, and perhaps the wrong games, plural, were loaded.

Shortly after this, J&J notified me/us on the group chat he had a similar issue with FPB. At this time, I booted FPB from the group chat, because to be honest, he can really go hog wild and spam/flame out, and the rest of the guys in question on this issue are very mellow, not looking for all the drama. I then did not have time to question anyone involved, but wanted everyone to be able to lay out their "side" of the story. Given that there were 3 parties involved, and two of them at least might not be around again for a while, I thought it best to get it on the forum.

As it stands, FPB has decided to flame on about this post, and all, but J&J and the other coach have stated they did not care to be involved in all the drama. FPB has clearly only posted a VERY SMALL portion of his AIM chat w/ J&J above. I have seen the entire AIM chat, and will ban FPB if he can't act like less of well, a dick. Quit if you don't like threats. I don't really care. Your over flaming, hyper crazy mode can be a bit much here. I tolerate it but I don't have to.

YOU ARE A WAY better player than me, and I DO NOT want to be lose a top player, but really. I'm not the issue here.

I'm going to delete the CPU version of the game FPB loaded up. It is NEVER Ok to play the CPU and load up those stats. Period. I am going to have J&J load up the version of the game saved from the desynch.

From that going forward, please note I cannot remove that someone has questioned your integrity, nor that I posted this question openly on the forum, NOR do I think I should. I did delete Tru's stupid post and will do so in all GDL threads.

I do think you should not have played CPU and loaded that up on the first week especially. There is a game stitcher since you guys already had the save state from the crash, you didn't need to sim any of the rest of the game. Replacing it with a higher scoring, JR only goal fest speaks volumes to the other questions, imo.

Basically defending somebody who straight out refused to complete his game then complain I act like a dick after the fact.

Boo me for wanting to play a complete game. Did that before for leavers and nobody complained. If stuff changed well, that's something else but it doesn't remove the fact J&J refused to complete his game. JR also scored all the goals in the original game, regardless so.

For those not aware, check the forum. It remains one of the few things PINNED in the GDL section. It's called GAME Stitcher.

It enables a SAVE STATE from one part of a game to be combined to another SAVE STATE to complete a desynched game if you were lucky enough to have the save state from your desynch game.

Please look into it, be aware of it.

Basically defending somebody who straight out refused to complete his game then complain I act like a dick after the fact.

Boo me for wanting to play a complete game. Did that before for leavers and nobody complained. If stuff changed well, that's something else but it doesn't remove the fact J&J refused to complete his game. JR also scored all the goals in the original game, regardless so.

We had a desynch with like 2 minutes to go and you're up 6-1. I gave you the win and said I would upload. I just didn't see any reason to waste my time simming through a game that for all practical purposes was over. Unfortunately, I have limited gaming time so thought it was best to finish our series. Maybe I was wrong?

We had a desynch with like 2 minutes to go and you're up 6-1. I gave you the win and said I would upload. I just didn't see any reason to waste my time simming through a game that for all practical purposes was over. Unfortunately, I have limited gaming time so thought it was best to finish our series. Maybe I was wrong?

We coulda just played the extra 2 mins after game 2 then we stop. Make a game with same scorers + the 2 mins.

GDL 60% make the playoffs so reg season games only meaningful for like 3-4 fringe guys in the end. With my total now I could be AFK every game and get in, only reason I play is to beat scoring record.

GDL's like 10 hours of gaming spread through 9 weeks. I understand some guys have busy lives but f**k me if you can't afford to spare 10 minutes in your day like 1 day a week. If you think it's a waste of time you're well within your right, but rules are rules and games be played to completion. To be honest (and really not to flame) to me playing guys like you who've been perennially in the bottom of standings for multiple seasons feels like a waste of time, it's not enjoyable, not making me better and the way I get a kick out of things is to push my guys to the limit. I'd rather GDL be cut to A guys only. But I still take time to play the games because it's fun for you guys and because well DNP's and because it's the rules.

I understand some guys have busy lives but f**k me if you can't afford to spare 10 minutes in your day like 1 day a week. If you think it's a waste of time you're well within your right, but rules are rules and games be played to completion.

I remember FPB quitting against me in GDL 11 because the game was "already over" as I was up four goals late in the third.

When the classic leagues did not use save states, the coaches would have to manually input the scores of the game. FPB was known to increase his goal total by giving himself an extra one or two goals in blowout games in hopes of breaking the goal record.

Dude, you need to calm down and get over it. You're starting to sound like tru. Crying over maybe not being able to score one more goal. Even calling me names and such and now I'm a waste of time to play.

it's pretty messed up that I am not supposed to post in thread where I have something to add; my posts do -- and all will -- get deleted, but the references to me stay, unchallenged. I can't ask to come up from third-class membership? I can't type about the tribulations of others that correlate to my experiences? y'all can talk about me here, but I cannot? that's just, uh... not great.

I only get one post in threads you moderate? separate rules for me, still, eh?

Only a total (insert the 4 letter c word) would post in this thread & say that J&j is a waste of his time....

isn't it plenty cunty to imply that somebody is such a thing for trying to air grievances and defend themselves? I agree that FPB/TRR has been hard to get along with; I've been here, reading nearly everything, for a long time -- something more than a decade -- and he's managed to be even more difficult to get along with than y'all make me out to be, but you are surely extremely insulting when it is not appropriate, too. implying the word you won't actually use... using bathroom descriptions to belittle the value of somebody's content... reacting before thinking... maybe you can reel it in if you expect that from others. this in no way is an attempt to justify cheating -- he's been trying to get his trickery to stick for a long time and it isn't cool -- and I know y'all don't want my opinions about league stuff, even though I am a fair and impartial observer who reads a very high percentage of the words posted on this site, no matter the section it is in. (that is often because I use the "latest" button and sections don't show, but subsections with deceptive names do.)

....you were not previously posted about so your previous post & its deletion were more than justified....

thanks. I surely do agree that the post I made was justified. it's almost funny how it was somehow also worthy of deletion.

Edited by tru

JJ is a great guy.

FPB is also.

Sorry, but FPB is not a great guy. He has a loooong history of being quite the opposite. Quitting Classic playoffs vs me, quitting vs Plabax as mentioned above, arguing with/antagonizing everyone, dropping games when not getting his player stats, etc. He's quit and come back multiple times, always claiming that he has grown up. Clearly he has not, and maybe never will.

If anyone in GDL were going to cheat or cause a problem, it would be FPB. That's why this thread is NOT surprising in the least.

Only a total (insert the 4 letter c word) would post in this thread & say that J&j is a waste of his time & call out a perennial loser.

J&j is not an A level talent but he is A+ in integrity & class. If you have to raise yourself up at his expense, it's speaking volumes to your measure as a man.

Tru, you were not previously posted about so your previous post & its deletion were more than justified. You've been referenced here so I'll leave your retort / response.

In a league where many put value in stats, I can see both sides of this. BUT IMO you should never pump in goals against the CPU and then upload the game. These situations where you desynch late happen infrequently enough that you should just save state and log it there: 6-1

Pumping in goals against the CPU just destroys the integrity of stats. You should know better than that FPB.

Only a total (insert the 4 letter c word) would post in this thread & say that J&j is a waste of his time & call out a perennial loser.

J&j is not an A level talent but he is A+ in integrity & class. If you have to raise yourself up at his expense, it's speaking volumes to your measure as a man.

Tru, you were not previously posted about so your previous post & its deletion were more than justified. You've been referenced here so I'll leave your retort / response.

And only a fool would make a public thread about things when he coulda just use 2 mins of his time in private chat to fix things and not expect things to go south. (Yeah you`re busy at work but this s**t litteraly took you 10X the time it would have)

I`m not trying to ``raise myself at his expense`` I`m just saying how I feel about playing these games overall, it has no bearance on who's better than who (and im sure he's better than I) the whole point was just that feelings have no weight and we just play by the rules regardless.

As for the incident as a whole incident I`m sure if I`m not literaly told to complete my game vs CPU and then when I do it J&J goes to cry to you and you make a public s**t show out of this made things 100% worse. You act like finishing the game vs a real player isn't what I wanted in the first place but it's all I asked for.

Instead of having something like :

FPB: I played CPU

J&J : I was being sarcastic

FPB: Okay delete game, finish game

And it's over.

You (mostly Brutus) made absolutely no effort for this to be resolved smoothly and it didn't. Even though they're clearly an overreaction and probably cause by my 3 days straight of being up, in the hindsight of today I don't really regret it. Fact is a similar thing happened with another player and it didn't devolve into this garbage because you didn't Occam`s Razor the f**k out of him.

Also you should know better than to question Roenick scoring all goals when he scored 16 out my 17 when I hozed (Brutus) you personally.

In a league where many put value in stats, I can see both sides of this. BUT IMO you should never pump in goals against the CPU and then upload the game. These situations where you desynch late happen infrequently enough that you should just save state and log it there: 6-1

Pumping in goals against the CPU just destroys the integrity of stats. You should know better than that FPB.

I thought it was fine for the following:

A: Done that in the past where I finish game vs CPU and some people might have frowned but it was never removed.

B: Didn't expect this to turn into a clown fest. Instead of just ``hey you cant do that anymore`` and have game removed.

C: (Call me a douche IDC I dont say it to be rude): I think J&J and the CPU are pretty close in terms of D.

Sorry, but FPB is not a great guy. He has a loooong history of being quite the opposite. Quitting Classic playoffs vs me, quitting vs Plabax as mentioned above, arguing with/antagonizing everyone, dropping games when not getting his player stats, etc. He's quit and come back multiple times, always claiming that he has grown up. Clearly he has not, and maybe never will.

If anyone in GDL were going to cheat or cause a problem, it would be FPB. That's why this thread is NOT surprising in the least.

I don't know why you're dimissing him. All he said was that I did fine in his leagues. What I did in 2012 was wrong but it has no bearance on what's happening now.

This year AFAIK not a lot of people have had issues with how I played. In the case of Robro I uploaded the wrong save state and acknowledged it as soon as I was let known. That has happened to the majority of players in the league. As if I thought that nobody would notice I uploaded the same guy twice and I'd get away with it.

As for this J&J stuff well I've never had a game removed in the past for completing it vs CPU when opponent left/desynch and refusal to pursue. I could have just been told I couldn't do that and have the game removed and it would be a non-incident.

TL;DR If you continue to treat events with me with a negative bias based on stuff I did 4-10 years ago this is going to continue to happen because non-events will continually be events. Same thing happened with other players this year but it was discussed privately instead of going public, which is IMO unless we've come to crossroads is the proper way to handle things.

I thought it was fine for the following:

A: Done that in the past where I finish game vs CPU and some people might have frowned but it was never removed.

B: Didn't expect this to turn into a clown fest. Instead of just ``hey you cant do that anymore`` and have game removed.

C: (Call me a douche IDC I dont say it to be rude): I think J&J and the CPU are pretty close in terms of D.

I don't think people were aware you were pumping in extra goals against the CPU. I know I wasn't. But cmon you can't possibly think that would be ok in a stat league.

I don't think people were aware you were pumping in extra goals against the CPU. I know I wasn't. But cmon you can't possibly think that would be ok in a stat league.

Any old thread or chat log. Thought it was pretty known. Even by you lol. Looking at that comment from you which makes it pretty clear you were actually aware of that.

``Freydey, on 29 Apr 2014 - 5:57 PM, said:

snapback.png

Hes so right tho, u wouldnt have those stats if everyone juste kept leavimg everytime they lose like you do.

I think FPB kept playing when that happened ``

I've never been secretive about that, neither have I blamed any opponents for doing with me when I left games (in past). I didn't do that either this time. It was clearly announced to J&J and Brutus when I was told black on white to play CPU by J&J. This has not happened any other time this season because nobody else refused to complete their game.

any game that drops and one side concedes, i have sat there with the puck and just let time run out to get the complete game. im willing to sacrafice a few stats or even possibly a miracle win for the sake of saving some time for all involved. ive even conceded a game with a minute to go and im down two goals before as there is probably less than 10% chance i would actually win that game. Plus, even if you take the other side of this, who is to decide who gets the CPU stats on a disconnect, shouldnt the loser side have just as much right to pad stats and still lose 6-5 as the winner does in extending a 6-1 win, or only the better player has that right and is allowed to pad stats and the one not as good is sol. & JJ is an awesome dude on here.

Edited by TexasPachyderm

I wanted to complete the game, he didn't. Hence why I was the one to ``stat pad``. I've not had issues with this in the past. If that is the ruling going forward that I should just leave the game be if opp. refuses to play then so be it. Still think it's BS.