NHL'94 Forums

Looking for the right league...

305Raj

My buddy and I have been playing on a Genesis emulator a couple times a week for a year or two now.

I'm sure there will be a learning curve when we try to play online. It seems like all the leagues use manual goalie and penalties, except offsides, but not line changes - are these the best settings for us to practice on to eventually get in on some competitive games?

We use Genesis, original players, with the weight-bug fix. Do any leagues use this set-up, or do we need to go back to the pre-bug-fix version? It seems like Genesis Blitz has this setup, but it wasn't 100% clear.

Thanks!

Hey 305Raj,

Yes the Blitz league had a the weight bug fix in effect but it was a draft league where you draft players from the original rom rosters. Unfortunately that league has run its course for now and is inactive as of now.

For practice, definitely go with manual gc, penalties with no offsides. I would recommend signing up for the Spring Classic league.

I would recommend signing up for Skip's VELOCITY league.

It's weight bug fixed with the check rating added in, same as Blitz. It also enables the Y button for goalie switch and uses modern players instead of '94.

Plus, the league is in need of some fresh players just like yourself.