NHL'94 Forums

Nhl94online.com and Weird Stats

First I want to say Nhl94online.com is amazing! It is so fun to track your teams progress, especially checking out your Roster stats.

I noticed something off, though. I have played 4 games with Edmonton. See image or go to:

http://www.nhl94online.com/html/roster_stats.php?lg=37&sublg=GENS-B&id=1356

Yet Klima is only showing as having played 3 games? Of course he is my main guy and I have definitely had him on the ice for all 4 games?

Also, his TOI/G (Time on Ice per game) is longer than 15 minutes, which is not possible? (Same thing with Kravchuk?)

I am afraid that the stats may be wrong in other places, now that I see them wrong here?

post-93-0-17565200-1461328667_thumb.jpg

I believe that a GP doesn't get recorded if the player doesn't record any stats in the game (no shots on goal or anything).

Is it possible that Klima got injured partway into one of the 4 games before he recorded any stats? That could explain the average of 15:08 minutes over 3 games.

Weird that Kravchuk has the exact same TOI average however.

Looks like the player stats from http://www.nhl94online.com/html/box_score.php?gameid=26891didn't get aggregated.

Never saw that before, Chaos will have to investigate.

Wow, how did you figure that out?

Now that you mention that, on one of my game submits (must have been the one you highlighted) I got a blank white screen after submit. But then when I looked at my schedule, I saw it seemed to "take" (there was no longer a link to submit) so I figured it was ok.

Thanks, Raph.

(Seems like the easiest thing to do is to delete the game and have me re-submit. Do you have the ability to delete games, Raph?)

Edited by aqualizard

Wow, how did you figure that out?

Now that you mention that, on one of my game submits (must have been the one you highlighted) I got a blank white screen after submit. But then when I looked at my schedule, I saw it seemed to "take" (there was no longer a link to submit) so I figured it was ok.

Thanks, Raph.

(Seems like the easiest thing to do is to delete the game and have me re-submit. Do you have the ability to delete games, Raph?)

Luckily you only played 4 games, so it was easy to tally Klima's goals and see that he was 4 short. And that was the only game he scored 4.

Sounds like there was some glitch as you mentioned during upload...I'll delete the game, assuming you have the savestate.

Luckily you only played 4 games, so it was easy to tally Klima's goals and see that he was 4 short. And that was the only game he scored 4.

Sounds like there was some glitch as you mentioned during upload...I'll delete the game, assuming you have the savestate.

Yes I have savestate. Thanks!

Yes, I am glad this happened early. Later in season with more stats I probably wouldn't notice! (But now I know if I get a white screen on submit something fishy happened.)

Thanks, Raph!

Okkkkkaaaayyyyy... I resubmitted the file and it accepted it ok. But! The stats are still wrong.

So something is either wrong with the savestate file, or with the PHP parser that reads the savestates.

Chaos should be notified.

And, Raph can you delete it one more time, and I will ask Coachmac is he can submit HIS savestate. If it is broken again, I would say their is a website problem? What do you think?

Edited by aqualizard

Just a head up regarding not accumulating stats, if a player is in the ice for :01 or more it will show up in game stats and team season stats

The problem seems to be related to the 4-3 OT win against CoachMac. Only some players were affected.

I checked the save, and noticed that you saved the game right after Klima scored the OT goal. When the game loaded, it displayed the goal info. You need to make sure you save your games at the 3 stars screen, or the final summary screen.

Unfortunately, since Raph deleted the game, the players who weren't affected will have their stats messed up. I'm guessing the players that were on the ice at the time of the GW goal had their stats messed up from the save.

I believe that a GP doesn't get recorded if the player doesn't record any stats in the game (no shots on goal or anything).

Yeah Bob, this is SNES. Unfortunately, there is no TOI for SNES, so the only way I can tell if someone played is by checking if they took a shot, penalty, scored a goal, etc.

The problem seems to be related to the 4-3 OT win against CoachMac. Only some players were affected.

I checked the save, and noticed that you saved the game right after Klima scored the OT goal. When the game loaded, it displayed the goal info. You need to make sure you save your games at the 3 stars screen, or the final summary screen.

Ahhh, I was too quick on the trigger. Ok. Thanks for looking into this, Chaos.

I will see if Coachmac can upload his version.

And if not, not a huge deal. At least the win/loss information seemed correct...

Thanks guys!

Doh! Of course. Kinda forgot that these savestates were... Well, savestates. Of course I could lead it and then do another save at correct time. Obvious solution rifht under my nose.

Listen Chaos, thx for showing this out. And thanks a lot for managing nhl94online... It really makes the leagues 100x more fun. You da man!

What's it waiting for that you need to wait until the 3 stars screen or later?

No idea. I guess the complete data doesn't get stored into the ROM until the game is over? Or maybe when the save was made (in this case) when the goal data was displayed, it was still storing/modifying data?

I know when you wait and a highlight is showing, the save contains the data from the highlight, and not the game that was just completed.

I have the save that I took at the 3 stars screen, you can upload that one.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, if you messed up where you saved the game, you can always load the save state, and re-save it at the correct time.

Dang, I uploaded your version and still no love. :(

I am not worried about it anymore, I just hope everything is ok on the NHL94online side of things? (And that it isn't indicative of stat errors that wouldn't be obvious when there are many games/stats?)

I am not worried about it anymore, I just hope everything is ok on the NHL94online side of things? (And that it isn't indicative of stat errors that wouldn't be obvious when there are many games/stats?

I'll check, don't understand why it would just be that one game.

I am not worried about it anymore, I just hope everything is ok on the NHL94online side of things? (And that it isn't indicative of stat errors that wouldn't be obvious when there are many games/stats?)

I'm not entirely sure what happened. I just uploaded your save onto my local site and it seemed to work fine. Might just be some kind of glitch. All the other data looks good though. I would have to manually edit the stats. I don't have the time to collect your player's stats from every game, but if you do, go ahead and send me the info, I'll update it manually.

I'm not entirely sure what happened. I just uploaded your save onto my local site and it seemed to work fine. Might just be some kind of glitch. All the other data looks good though. I would have to manually edit the stats. I don't have the time to collect your player's stats from every game, but if you do, go ahead and send me the info, I'll update it manually.

Nope. Don't worry about it. You are right, you don't have time to do this type of thing, and do too much already.

Not a big deal.

Knowing Chaos, this will bug him until the mystery is solved. He spent a good hour trying to get NBA Jam 4-player to work when we were at KO-94...at like midnight. Couldn't let it go, lol.

And you know what?

We played NBA-Jam.... B)

I did look through the code, but I don't see an issue anywhere. If you didn't receive an error when uploading the game originally, I have no idea what happened.

You know, I will ask Coach to upload his version.

If it has a problem with his savestate, that will be some sort of clue, right?

And if his saves fine, well, I dunno? I guess it was my savestate? (Although that doesn't explain why it worked for you on your local site?)

I don't have the save.

And as a Global Announcement to other B players, I have major issues getting the saves on my Mac, it is about a 50/50 chance each game. So it would be much appreciated if folks could help me out.

I also get stuck in Full Screen Mode and can't chat between games....Sometimes.... :eyes_droped:

FYI, several hours ago Aqua had asked me on AIM to delete a game (I assumed it was GDL), and said I'd do it when I wasn't busy.

After I got free and logged in, I noticed he was asking Classic delete, but figured everyone else must have been busy or something, so I went and re-deleted this game. Then, I went to NHL '94 forum and found this post.

So, as of 4:20 pm central, it was deleted again! :)

Mac/Aqua can re-load whatever version of they need up I guess.

• 2 weeks later...