NHL'94 Forums

24G Checkpoint Warnings

kingraph

This Sunday is the 24 game checkpoint for classic, and then the last two weeks to get to 40. Time to stop f'in around, or you will be replaced:

Vocally Caged - 5 GP

Carse - 6GP

Zeppelin - 8GP

Seth - 11GP

Zalex - 11GP

Unfortunately I can't replace all of you, but stop slacking. Post your availability to set up games.

B league is rocking it, except for Sicarius. Is not playing '94 helping the Blues win? :)

Almost every night after 10pm EST except for Sundays. Also Saturday late afternoon-early evenings. Sundays will open up for me soon too.

Sorry, I didn't realize this checkpoint was coming up so soon.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Almost every night after 10pm EST except for Sundays. Also Saturday late afternoon-early evenings. Sundays will open up for me soon too.

Sorry, I didn't realize this checkpoint was coming up so soon.

Also, if you sign in as invisible, people won't know you're online. They may log-in and see nobody online, and go away. Whatever vendetta you have against the non-responsive green-light folks isn't helping matters. I feel better IM'ing Zeppelin and having a little hope that he's actually online vs. not seeing anyone online.

It has been more "dead" of late around town on the AIM Chats post 10 pm, so it's requiring me to actually PM, text, reach out to get guys to be around when I am, or for me to try to be flexible and squeeze in some of these games when they are.

Just stating you will be around really, really late is NOT going to get games. If two guys circles don't cross, you will find some are willing to flex their schedule to adjust to your's, but you are going to find some that won't/can't, and you have to find a way to venture into times you don't normally play.

I work close to 60 hours a week, chase a bunch of kids, entertain a wife, and still complete almost all my games in all leagues PRIMARILY because I reach out to the other players in the league at least 2 out of the 8+ weeks the leagues are running. That extra effort always gets me to completion.

If you don't do that, you can plan for DNP's in all your leagues. Last season for GDL, I had to do this for a few of you "clowns" :)

Seasons are to long.

Dedicated players can easily play 20 games a week.

I am done with online leagues.

Of course I will finish this classic season if I make the playoffs.

Not that I am much of a drain on the talent pool.

I don't buy the busy thing as I have a full time job, a great wife, 2 awesome kids that I spend tons of time with, I coach 3 sports at the HS level, and I ski or run over 30 miles per week. I make roms and I still got plenty of time to play 20 games per week (less than an hour per day)

So get off facebook or twitter or whatever it is you people do on your phones and turn on your genesis.

I don't get the excitement of drafting and signing up (which always have great participation)

And the lack of interest in playing and especially the apathy for the playoffs.

Obviously I just don't get it as interest in my quick fast hard hitting leagues is negligible.

Anyway, I'll be around making my Old Time Hockey roms and looking for challenging ways to play the computer.

Also always got my great LIVE set up and will continue to host and run LIVE events.

Any of you here that I like (you know who you are and if your not sure just ask) are always welcome to come visit or play in a LIVE event. Angry Jay is a regular.

Edited by CoachMac

Seasons are to long.

Dedicated players can easily play 20 games a week.

I am done with online leagues.

Of course I will finish this classic season if I make the playoffs.

Not that I am much of a drain on the talent pool.

I don't buy the busy thing as I have a full time job, a great wife, 2 awesome kids that I spend tons of time with, I coach 3 sports at the HS level, and I ski or run over 30 miles per week. I make roms and I still got plenty of time to play 20 games per week (less than an hour per day)

So get off facebook or twitter or whatever it is you people do on your phones and turn on your genesis.

I don't get the excitement of drafting and signing up (which always have great participation)

And the lack of interest in playing and especially the apathy for the playoffs.

Obviously I just don't get it as interest in my quick fast hard hitting leagues is negligible.

Anyway, I'll be around making my Old Time Hockey roms and looking for challenging ways to play the computer.

Also always got my great LIVE set up and will continue to host and run LIVE events.

Any of you here that I like (you know who you are and if your not sure just ask) are always welcome to come visit or play in a LIVE event. Angry Jay is a regular.

We can't all be multi-sports all-stars like ya coach

I think for many of us who SHARE our internet with the family/friends, we have certain hours where we can play LAG free. We also have jobs & bed times, etc.

So I get not being around ALL the time, but honestly, I've got a busy schedule myself with limited availability during "normal" hours, and get my games in primarily by forcing myself to make 2 of the 8 weeks "effort" weeks.

It helps if one of those 8 is the FIRST WEEK!!!!

Cause most strokes are around that week as well.

As for Mac's leagues, they are smaller and have some appeal, but I like the bigger leagues with more stats and drafts (require higher number of coaches to worth doing a draft). It DOES require longer stretches for us all to get our games in & the occasional BOOT!

I will be around for games on Wednesday night around 9pm est. Seth, zalex, habs, and carse can you please post if you will be available that night? I'll likely be playing snes as well and just want to make sure I get everyone I can.