NHL'94 Forums

Spring'16 Playoff Scenarios

kingraph

It's the countdown to the end of the season! I'll periodically update the standings as games get played.

FINAL Standings

FYI, playoff formats were posted by Chaos in the Classic Begins thread.

Playoffs

Playoff series will be best-of-7.

Also, NP (negative points) will be applied to missed games at the end of the season. This could hurt your playoff seeding! If you weren't able to play certain games vs. your opponent you will be given NPs. You will lose two points for every unplayed game. So play early if you can and play often!

GENS-A Playoff Format:

Conference winners are top 2 seeds. Seeds 3-8 will be seeded by Win %.

There will be no re-seeding in the playoffs.

GENS-B Playoff Format:

Conference winners are top 2 seeds, next 10 teams are in based on Win %.

Top 4 teams get a bye.

SNES Playoff Format:

Top 8 teams make the playoffs and are seeded based on Win %.

Will be on every night this week, probably a little later at night especially since GAME 7 for Pens on Thursday. No work friday and I will be on as much as possible over the weekend.

I'll say it again.

#1 Shorten seasons.

#2 Stop letting slackers play.

That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.....Drafting and Sign ups.

#1 Season length is just fine and its been the standard length.

#2 Slackers should be eliminated. If it wasn't for the slackers then the season length wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe have 2 leagues?

League 1= non slackers - 40 games

League 2= well known skackers - 10 games

Starting 3 leagues(GDL, VHL and Classic) at basically the same time didn't help. Most are playing in at least 2 of these leagues(16 games per week obligation) and many in all 3(24 games per week obligation). I know it was just a bad timing that they all happened to start at once, but it would be nice if we can avoid this in the future.

Running one league at a time with 10-12 game check points and 4 week seasons would be perfect. Start next league after first round of playoffs.

I'll be on Monday Tuesday, Thursday Friday this week from like 3 PM to 3 AM if you wanna close out our schedule (Raph, Zepp, Voc).

I know our games (raph) are mainly me being busy everytime you come calling so if we can't make it (which I doubt) ill just take full resp. for the DNPs

Do we have an extension week?

I personally hope not, because it only rewards people who did a poor job getting their games in. We should be rewarding good behavior, not bad, IMO.

I'll say it again.

#1 Shorten seasons.

#2 Stop letting slackers play.

That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.....Drafting and Sign ups.

zzz... hey... you're pretty smart!! time to listen to the Coach!!!

I personally hope not, because it only rewards people who did a poor job getting their games in. We should be rewarding good behavior, not bad, IMO.

Yeah then some people get fucked because they didn't catch the guys who slacked for 6 weeks and tried to cram it in this week.

I assumed there was an extension because chaos mentioned it in the group chat. Otherwise I would have played plabax Friday night to get the games in.

Its really tough to get games in on a holiday weekend too. I wouldn't say a whole week is needed but a couple extra days would be nice.

We should be rewarding good behavior, not bad, IMO.

Agreed, that is how learning occurs, consequences. They have the power to change future behavior. It's the guys who everyone else has been waiting on for many weeks.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Sweet! I will finish and possibly catch B myself if NYR and LA show up

Looks like you need the extra time.

The only players I haven't played against have either slacked for 6 weeks and played over 50% of their game in the last 7 days or It's 2 games vs Raph. I wouldn't need the extra time if you didn't keep rewarding that type of behavior.

The only players I haven't played against have either slacked for 6 weeks and played over 50% of their game in the last 7 days or It's 2 games vs Raph. I wouldn't need the extra time if you didn't keep rewarding that type of behavior.

15 GP in SNES?

Oh, and the only reason the season is being extended is because the end fell on a holiday weekend. Most people take vacation during Memorial Day. So 2 extra days were thrown on the end of it. Big deal.

And the past 8 seasons or so we have always extended the league a week. This is the first time anyone has complained.