NHL'94 Forums

Editing the starting goalie

Brad1981

I'd use NOSE - http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/14217-nose-12b-download/

Just copy/paste the 2nd goalie over the 1st and vice versa.

Thanks. I would like to, but I downloaded the 2016 playoff version rosters, and when I try to open it in NOSE, I get an error message (maybe because it was edited so much, it did something to make it not compatible). I was able to edit the lineups using a hex editor thanks to the tutorial, but can't find anything about the starting goalie hex edit.

well, it'd be the same type of thing. just switch the string of the first goalie's data with the second. physically swap the two lines of code.

Yes, you have to swap the goalies. The game uses the first goalie as the starting goalie (there's no equivalent to the "lines" data for the goalies).

If you have trouble figuring out which bytes belong to a goalie, i'd do this to find out:

1. Load a normal ROM in NOSE

2. Swap the goalies

3. Save the ROM

4. Make a copy of the saved ROM

5. Open the copy in NOSE

6. Swap the goalies back.

7. Save.

8. Using a hex editor, compare the 2 ROMs to find out which bytes got moved around, so you can do it the same way in the 2016 ROM.

(I think i's the goalie button hack that breaks NOSE compatibility.)

Thanks for the replies. Funny thing happened. I re-downloaded NOSE and the 2016 playoff rom now works with it. When I tried last month, it didn't. Maybe I downloaded an older version previously. But working now and was able to swap the goalies with no problem.