NHL'94 Forums

2016 Spring Classic Playoffs

chaos

Yeah, I don't totally agree with this argument as we have similar results in classic vs draft leagues.

Zalex.. 0-5 vs Raph, 0-3 vs me in draft leagues, kicks our ass in classic

Flasox.. never been to GDL finals, multiple classic titles and finals appearances

Depch.. two finals appearances, destroys Icestorm and Raph but nothing in draft leagues

Frey.. 2x survivor champ, 2x gdl, 3x blitz, loses to flasox in classic

???

Edited by Premium

Zalex.. 0-5 vs Raph, 0-3 vs me in draft leagues, kicks our ass in classic

Flasox.. never been to GDL finals, multiple classic titles and finals appearances

Depch.. two finals appearances, destroys Icestorm and Raph but nothing in draft leagues

Frey.. 2x survivor champ, 2x gdl, 3x blitz, loses to flasox in classic

???

I have been thinking of this as well, because draft leagues the feel for team behaviour is very different for me. In classic the teams just do what I expect them to do most of the time, it is hard to explain and nothing definite, but definately feels like an AI thing.

I managed well in a blitz type cup vs raph as well, but it was not a draft, more like spend points for players, but in blitz draft leagues I have gotten my ass wiped always as in GDL. Frey dropped in the first round there btw. huge surprise and Labs went on a ride, another one! Maybe its just psychology, but it is a thing.

I have been on a rollercoaster for the past 6 months, will settle in to Poland most likely during the summer and stay there for 6+ months so will be up for fall classic and propably next gdl as well if the wait list allows and it does not start untill late august or so. Theoretically pings should drop as well due to geography, but you never know with the eastern European countries.

Edited by Depch

I have been thinking of this as well, because draft leagues the feel for team behaviour is very different for me. In classic the teams just do what I expect them to do most of the time, it is hard to explain and nothing definite, but definately feels like an AI thing.

I managed well in a blitz type cup vs raph as well, but it was not a draft, more like spend points for players, but in blitz draft leagues I have gotten my ass wiped always as in GDL. Frey dropped in the first round there btw. huge surprise and Labs went on a ride, another one! Maybe its just psychology, but it is a thing.

I have been on a rollercoaster for the past 6 months, will settle in to Poland most likely during the summer and stay there for 6+ months so will be up for fall classic and propably next gdl as well if the wait list allows and it does not start untill late august or so. Theoretically pings should drop as well due to geography, but you never know with the eastern European countries.

He lives! Glad to hear your thinking of coming back, GL in your endeavors.

GENS-A has just been completed and before the deadline to boot! I want to thank Zalex for a good series, he had a hell of a playoff run getting through Plabax and Raph (in a sweep no less!) to get to the final. I just felt really strong in the finals, got some good bounces and even managed to injure Roenick early in game 2 for the game when I was already down 1-0 in the series.

I'm still gravely disappointed that I lost SNES in game 7 OT. Being able to win that and repeat in GENS would have just been amazing, I cant think of a bigger accomplishment to target in my mind and being that close to getting it makes it all the tougher to swallow. Getting to the finals in any league is hard enough as it is and I think I may have already used up my opportunities to accomplish my goal but we'll just have to see what the future holds.

I want to thank everyone on SNES and GENS in the A leagues on a great season this spring. I've been playing this game for damn near 10 years online and I'm still amazed at how much I can level up my game because of the great players we have here in the community. I was pushed to the limit on multiple occasions this season and playoffs, to see the level of play I and my opponents were able to obtain was incredible. Probably the best quality of play I've been privy too. I look forward to next season and seeing where we can go next with this game.

Wow, with conviction. Congratulations AJ! .......And I mean it this time around hahah. You definitely earned it. I agree, the level is very high lately, most guys are upping their game and improving. Makes for great competition. Get yourself in GDL next season.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Plabax,

Just saw your posts saying I only have success in classic and not in draft leagues.

Can't accept the defeat heh ?

You should know, because you know everything, that this is the first time ever I reached the cup finals in GENS A.

However, I have reached Blitz A cup final once and 2 GDL cup finals before. It's not like classic was the first time I have some playoff success. Grow up.

But hey, 4 cup finals with 0 cup. Yes f**k myself!!

Wow, with conviction. Congratulations AJ! .......And I mean it this time around hahah. You definitely earned it. I agree, the level is very high lately, most guys are upping their game and improving. Makes for great competition. Get yourself in GDL next season.

Thanks bud, that means the most to me coming from you, especially after we had our issue last season. The fact that we were able to get past it, play an amazing series, and just B.S. about 94 after is what its really all about.

It does look like I'll be in GDL XVI before stepping out of that league again. I'll have my eyes on the big prize.

Plabax,

Just saw your posts saying I only have success in classic and not in draft leagues.

Can't accept the defeat heh ?

You should know, because you know everything, that this is the first time ever I reached the cup finals in GENS A.

However, I have reached Blitz A cup final once and 2 GDL cup finals before. It's not like classic was the first time I have some playoff success. Grow up.

But hey, 4 cup finals with 0 cup. Yes f**k myself!!

Yeah, yeah.. the stats don't lie. You were getting outplayed in nearly every game. At least when you made the finals in Blitz and GDL, you weren't at the bottom of the league in all the playoff stat categories..

Classic B hit a snag but should be hammered out in the next few days.

Should play JV tonight, and Tex has been around, looking to get finals in with the winner all week.

Classic Spring all done.

B finished up tonight.

Good series by both JV w/ Hartford (great job w/ that crew), and a fun final w/ Tex.

Needed OT in Game 6 to avoid Game 7 in Det. Roy stood on his head enough times to get Montreal a Cup (even if it's B ).

Classic Spring all done.

B finished up tonight.

Good series by both JV w/ Hartford (great job w/ that crew), and a fun final w/ Tex.

Needed OT in Game 6 to avoid Game 7 in Det. Roy stood on his head enough times to get Montreal a Cup (even if it's B).

Heeeey, ya took it all with Montreal. Congrats Broot!!!! They are your type of team for sure. And you played both series' in the same night. Stamina........either you were drinking a lot or not at all to pull that off. Never easy playing against Detroit.

Congratulations Brutus! And thank you all for an awesome Spring Classic. I think this was one of the best playoffs in terms of scheduling, so much appreciated. It's MUCH more fun running a league when you have good buds participating, and really having a good attitude. Congratulations again to our Spring'16 champions!

GENS A - Angryjay93

GENS B - Brutus

SNES - Annatar!

I know I'll be back next season to try and unseat AJ from the throne, I hope to see you all back again too!