[Nov.12, 2016, Saskatoon, Sask.] King of '94 WEST III

halifax

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saskatoon in November... how could I pass up the chance? :lol:

It's gonna be a good time.

:D Last year in january It was around -30. It'll be better than that in november...but still dress warm...haha.

boom....was super stoked when bobk told me he was coming...the strength of the field is getting off the charts now.

This is fantastic news. Bob, you're more than welcome to room with smoz, annatar, and I.

I think I've just been downgraded to the couch or the floor but it is definitely worth it to have you there bud.

Cool man, thanks. Looks like a steal. I will gladly sleep on a couch or floor, but it looks like they have extra beds/mattresses for up to 5 people.

bobk told me hes gonna sign up for sega as well. he wants a larger piece of the pie.

I'm thinking about it. Going all the way to Saskatoon. But I like my chances better playing NBA Jam or RBI Baseball, so maybe I'll try those.

Word on the street is Shaftman (from montreal) is looking into flights.

Schwartz (winnipeg) said it's on his radar.

Logan (hour outside of saskatoon) may play as well.

I don't think koke is coming

I'm trying to get the alberta buds (schwabe, sweatcalfe and viske) to come back and play again this year.

I keep bugging c4 but im sure he hates me by now.

I asked fenty and he said he'd get back to me after he makes coffee.....

....that was 3 weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be on settle it on the screen podcast tonight for about 5 mins. Starts at 10 pm est and I'll be on after the announce the world records

I'll be on settle it on the screen podcast tonight for about 5 mins. Starts at 10 pm est and I'll be on after the announce the world records

Post the link a little before it starts?

You can watch the recorded episode: https://www.twitch.tv/twingalaxieslive/v/97711485

Halifax taking part right from the start, reading the new high scores. The part about the tourney starts around 12 minutes.

Has no one ever told them that their audio and video is 500ms out of sync and has been I guess forever? (that's why I ripped my and Voc's game to youtube, so I could fix the audio). Anyway, those guys seem to really have enjoyed the King of 94 tourney last year, which is cool.

Clarifying the story about me putting my score in wrong: I was entering scores on my phone (Halifax knew I was doing this, helping to reduce the backlog of players trying to log their scores - he meant he didn't know I put the wrong score), and I guess I put the numbers backwards. By the time I noticed the mistake, I'd already played my 2nd game, in the loser bracket (thinking it was the winner bracket). Whoops. I actually wasn't worried at all about the loss, I just felt bad about beating guys in the loser bracket and putting them to the brink of elimination when they should have had a fair matchup, not a veteran.

If I'd won my group, I would have played Michael Sroka in the opener of the finals (but I always lose to Zeppelin so that was unlikely).

Did uhh... the website get mentioned, for people to sign up? They should ahve flashed it on the screen, but I don't recall seeing or hearing it mentioned...

You can watch the recorded episode: https://www.twitch.tv/twingalaxieslive/v/97711485

Halifax taking part right from the start, reading the new high scores. The part about the tourney starts around 12 minutes.

Has no one ever told them that their audio and video is 500ms out of sync and has been I guess forever? (that's why I ripped my and Voc's game to youtube, so I could fix the audio). Anyway, those guys seem to really have enjoyed the King of 94 tourney last year, which is cool.

Clarifying the story about me putting my score in wrong: I was entering scores on my phone (Halifax knew I was doing this, helping to reduce the backlog of players trying to log their scores - he meant he didn't know I put the wrong score), and I guess I put the numbers backwards. By the time I noticed the mistake, I'd already played my 2nd game, in the loser bracket (thinking it was the winner bracket). Whoops. I actually wasn't worried at all about the loss, I just felt bad about beating guys in the loser bracket and putting them to the brink of elimination when they should have had a fair matchup, not a veteran.

If I'd won my group, I would have played Michael Sroka in the opener of the finals (but I always lose to Zeppelin so that was unlikely).

Did uhh... the website get mentioned, for people to sign up? They should ahve flashed it on the screen, but I don't recall seeing or hearing it mentioned...

Thanks for clarifying bud!

They asked me if Tim Cheveldae was coming. That one through me off. I know they like the wings, so I just thought it was a name they picked. But smoz pointed out that he is the goalie coach of the blades(major junior team here).

I said the time, date and place and I can't believe I forgot to mention the website! (the only important part....ahhhh s**t!)

Thanks for clarifying bud!

They asked me if Tim Cheveldae was coming. That one through me off. I know they like the wings, so I just thought it was a name they picked. But smoz pointed out that he is the goalie coach of the blades(major junior team here).

I said the time, date and place and I can't believe I forgot to mention the website! (the only important part....ahhhh s**t!)

Maybe they can show it on the next show?

• 2 weeks later...

This should be amazing, and I'll pimp out the stream URL hard to drive community interest on our normal channels.

Could you provide to all of us the Twitch channel url you plan on using? Any casual streams tonight?

Moe Man and I are streaming this evening probably around 7PM CST, and we can direct some folks to follow your channel while we do so.