NHL'94 Forums

Where is Blitz?

Premium

Nobody is holding the Blitz torch currently, and the guys running leagues can't run more than one at a time.

Most guys are getting their WBF "fix" in VHL.

What happened was I asked that the name of the league be changed as the rules were diverging a bit too far to stay under what I considered the Blitz "brand." So I think the VHL is the successor league?

I think a true Blitz-like league would have classic players.

I'd call this new league Blortz.

Mark me down as interested, especially if you guys will go with an A and B league.

Blitz as Smoz intended it can be restarted at any time, just need someone to take the reigns. Brutus has taken over GDL so he wouldn't have the time to do Blitz too.

Raph is taking some time away from leagues. Not sure about Chaos.I just don't have the time to commit to commishing a league anymore.

It's a huge time sacrifice for a 2 week period (when you work 50+ hours a week, married and have an 7 yr old kid active in sports - For plabax before he chimes in :).

GDL = Gimmick Draft League

GDL = Genesis Draft Luck

Where is Blitz... It's go time!

So odd of a character. I'd hoped for something more pompous or at least a little more worthy of a laugh given the two attempts here.

The problem is noone wants to NOT have a league running, but noone seems to agree on which one they WOULD want running.

What happened was I asked that the name of the league be changed as the rules were diverging a bit too far to stay under what I considered the Blitz "brand." So I think the VHL is the successor league?

Nice joke..

Blitz as Smoz intended it can be restarted at any time, just need someone to take the reigns. Brutus has taken over GDL so he wouldn't have the time to do Blitz too.

Raph is taking some time away from leagues. Not sure about Chaos.I just don't have the time to commit to commishing a league anymore.

It's a huge time sacrifice for a 2 week period (when you work 50+ hours a week, married and have an 7 yr old kid active in sports - For plabax before he chimes in :).

168 hours in a week. 56 hours of sleep, 50+ hours of work, we'll say 10 hours for the kid. 52 Hours free split up between whatever you like.. You should have at least seven hours of free time a day on average like most "busy" normal people..

I was running Blitz league, and did NOT like running it. I definitely did not like having to answer to 23 other coaches going in SO MANY different directions, and then also having guys not even playing in the league constantly chiming in on what should be allowed/not allowed.

I was pretty close to just dropping it as I was starting to hate running the league. That's when Smoz requested the name change, which again fueled more guys not even playing to again add more "rules", so I just dropped out and said someone else can deal with all you guys and your "difficulties". I was fairly absent commish down the stretch, but there was no real waiting list either, so there were not a lot of options, and I knew I was not doing the next season, so I didn't see it warranting me putting in so much of my personal time to try to push guys to finish their season/playoffs.

Not being petty, cause it doesn't affect me either way, but I predicted it would go dead/dormant for a while, because I'm fairly tolerant & patient, and IF I was dropping out, and running another league, odds are, the demand/time/whatever resources, etc WOULD not be there for someone else to want to step in and run Blitz.

When I announced I was stepping down, Chaos had stated he would run it. That was the last I heard on it, minus an occasional post like this.

Skip did decide to spend his resources creating his own ROM & league, and went with the Blitz ROM, but it's not a Blitz replacement aside from that. He runs it exactly as he wants to, including using his own roster, ratings and rules. I TIP MY CAP to the Skipper for that. He's probably much happier now that he does it his way.

So odd of a character. I'd hoped for something more pompous or at least a little more worthy of a laugh given the two attempts here.

The problem is noone wants to NOT have a league running, but noone seems to agree on which one they WOULD want running.

Good job running GDL, it's fantastic to have some consistency in a league. There were 10 seasons of GDL in 6 years, mainly due to a lack of resources to make a ROM and a site to upload games. Now thanks to Chaos and Brutus, we'll have the next 10 seasons of GDL in half that time.

Good job running GDL, it's fantastic to have some consistency in a league. There were 10 seasons of GDL in 6 years, mainly due to a lack of resources to make a ROM and a site to upload games. Now thanks to Chaos and Brutus, we'll have the next 10 seasons of GDL in half that time.

Thanks bud. After this season, I might change up a few things to slow down GDL to once a year, and fill in the rest of the season with my own league that uses random ideas. As commish, I get a LOT of requests for changes that get shouted down as NO because GDL has a history.

So, if I pump out too many GDL's, I feel guys will start to get bored.

Having an alternate league that only runs when GDL is not running might be a good solution for the clamoring for variety.

Nice joke..

168 hours in a week. 56 hours of sleep, 50+ hours of work, we'll say 10 hours for the kid. 52 Hours free split up between whatever you like.. You should have at least seven hours of free time a day on average like most "busy" normal people..

we don't have parents doing our shopping, cooking, yard work, cleaning, commute time to/from work. but ya, keep trying

I just want one more season of Blitz so my name appears on the front cover as reigning B champ lol, Lord knows I'm never winning anything else.

we don't have parents doing our shopping, cooking, yard work, cleaning, commute time to/from work. but ya, keep trying

Get real dude. Shopping? Cleaning? Yard Work? You must shop for a family of 25 and live in the world's biggest mansion.. Nobody spends a lot of time doing those things.

Again, you probably have about 52 hours of free time a week. Shopping/Cooking/Yard Work/Cleaning/Commute Time/ + your kid in sports is not going to make you "busy".

Being BUSY is what happens on the odd day where uncommon things happen to be scheduled on it. Maybe you have an appointment after work and then you need to pick your daughter up from the school play rehearsals after. Maybe it's your daughter's birthday party and you have to pick up a cake 30mins away from home..

Being busy is not coming home from work, washing five dishes, sitting on the couch eating potato chips complaining about how exhausted you are followed by a nap.

• Haha 1

Get real dude. Shopping? Cleaning? Yard Work? You must shop for a family of 25 and live in the world's biggest mansion.. Nobody spends a lot of time doing those things.

Again, you probably have about 52 hours of free time a week. Shopping/Cooking/Yard Work/Cleaning/Commute Time/ + your kid in sports is not going to make you "busy".

Being BUSY is what happens on the odd day where uncommon things happen to be scheduled on it. Maybe you have an appointment after work and then you need to pick your daughter up from the school play rehearsals after. Maybe it's your daughter's birthday party and you have to pick up a cake 30mins away from home..

Being busy is not coming home from work, washing five dishes, sitting on the couch eating potato chips complaining about how exhausted you are followed by a nap.

Just stop. You clearly don't know what anyone is talking about here.

To get back on track -- just start a new league if you think you can commish it. It's been the same suggestion for the last 5 years I've been around.

I have no idea what the point of this thread is, and of all people, Plabax is well aware of the Blitz situation.

Everything is relative to your stamina. I know that when I'm done w/ a bag of chips I definitely need a nap :)

To get back on track -- just start a new league if you think you can commish it. It's been the same suggestion for the last 5 years I've been around.

I have no idea what the point of this thread is, and of all people, Plabax is well aware of the Blitz situation.

The point of the thread is to figure out where the Blitz league is. Chaos said he was going to start it, and I don't see it.

Chaos is the commissioner so it makes no sense for me to run it without asking just because I think I can do it. That's like me taking your car keys and driving your car because I think I can drive it.

The point of the thread is to figure out where the Blitz league is. Chaos said he was going to start it, and I don't see it.

Chaos is the commissioner so it makes no sense for me to run it without asking just because I think I can do it. That's like me taking your car keys and driving your car because I think I can drive it.

Your intent there is much clearer than:

GDL = Gimmick Draft League

GDL = Genesis Draft Luck

Where is Blitz... It's go time!

I would run a Blitz Classic league this winter if people were interested and I get a computer.

I even made a couple special roms for it.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/17523-classic-and-wbf-plus-94-world-cup-roms/

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/17468-ultimate-blitz-roms/

Blitz Classic roms have far more competitive teams imo.

Format:

WT BUG Fix and C/B Fix.

Penalties: OFF (open to debate)

Line Changes: ON (somewhat open to debate, but I think it evens teams out)

5 minute periods with 2 minute OT in Regular season.

20 Teams (4 Divisions of 5 teams following 1993 alignment one team would not be selected in each Division)

(Players would be ranked 1-20)

Patrick Division (Top 5 Players) (ex. Raph, AJ, Ice, FPB, Seth, etc...)

Adams Division (6-10) (ex Brutus, Lupz, Skip, Ba55 etc....)

Norris Division (11-15) (ex. Labs, Jer, Aqua, etc...)

Smythe Division (16-20) (ex. me, etc....)

46 game season (4 vs your Division and 2 vs everybody else)

Playoffs would be Divisional like in 93.

Semi's and Finals might be foregone conclusions but the rest would be fun as everybody would feel like they had a chance.

Each new season we could change around the Divisional groupings.

That's totally not Blitz though... (though it does sound like a good league)

Part of Blitz is the consistency and continuity between seasons, for statistical consistency

That's totally not Blitz though... (though it does sound like a good league)

Part of Blitz is the consistency and continuity between seasons, for statistical consistency

Blitz should be treated like GDL as far as it bring a longstanding league that has remained consistent in its overall setup/draft etc. I know tweaks have occurred especially as bugs have been uncovered and fixes implemented.

Thanks to Chaos' hard work it's pretty straight forward how we can create new leagues with new rules etc. j

Blitz should be treated like GDL as far as it bring a longstanding league that has remained consistent in its overall setup/draft etc. I know tweaks have occurred especially as bugs have been uncovered and fixes implemented.

Thanks to Chaos' hard work it's pretty straight forward how we can create new leagues with new rules etc. j

I'd love a new league with the rom used for the GDL tourney with a gdl type draft with 12 coaches, draft gets done in 1 day, trade deadline 3 days later, season starts 3 days later, 32 game schedule 2 week league, 16 games a week. Obviously you would need to find the RIGHT 12 coaches for that type of league. And I do think there is 12 in the community if the league happened at the right time of year.

Thanks bud. After this season, I might change up a few things to slow down GDL to once a year, and fill in the rest of the season with my own league that uses random ideas. As commish, I get a LOT of requests for changes that get shouted down as NO because GDL has a history.

So, if I pump out too many GDL's, I feel guys will start to get bored.

Having an alternate league that only runs when GDL is not running might be a good solution for the clamoring for variety.

Yes. That's honestly a much better idea than f**king with GDL.

Thanks for taking that into consideration

I'd love a new league with the rom used for the GDL tourney with a gdl type draft with 12 coaches, draft gets done in 1 day, trade deadline 3 days later, season starts 3 days later, 32 game schedule 2 week league, 16 games a week. Obviously you would need to find the RIGHT 12 coaches for that type of league. And I do think there is 12 in the community if the league happened at the right time of year.

For GDL, we have usually 20-22 active coaches, but of those 20, maybe 12-14 are "active". That leaves us with 8-12 coaches at all times we are chasing to find.

IN addition, since I have increased the RATE of seasons in GDL, I find 4-5 of these coaches get a little burnt out on GDL, as well as the 12-14 coaches get burnt out CHASING these guys.

So, after GDL XVII (next season), I was seriously thinking of doing GDL just once a year, but then fill in the down time with another league that is more specific to trying different ROMS, different drafts, different league sizes, etc.

Figure we would have had 4 GDL's run off in about 1 year's time, as I took over GDL in December 2015. That's a lot of GDL, and I think guys would be Ok with dropping to ONE GDL a year.

Yes. That's honestly a much better idea than f**king with GDL.

Thanks for taking that into consideration

Yeah, there are still plenty of purists in the GDL camp (nothing wrong with that).

For me, I like the idea of not chasing the crap out of 8-10 guys every 2 months to play games.

Figure, form the Brutus League, and it would randomly have different sizes/rules/schedules based on supply/demand. Obviously, probably need to still have a draft lottery so I can drop in some videos.

Been tired AF lately for whatever reason, so haven't done the draft grade video. Will try to knock that out this weekend though.

Id like to start Blitz again. I'm just thinking of how I could make it a little more like how it was intended to be.

I hate the protect pick idea, I'd like to just make it so you carry over 2 or 3 guys a season. But trying to make it fair is the tricky part. Id probably re-rate every player, since we know some overall ratings are BS. Then maybe put a cap on the overall sum of players you can carry over. For instance if the cap is 200, you could either carry over 2 90 rated players, or 3 players who's overall add up to 200. Or something similar, the idea is to carry franchise players over season after season.

I don't know what the participation would be with GDL running nonstop. Sure you could say now you could play in 3 leagues at the same time, but we wouldn't know if that's true until it starts up again. I don't want to take away from classic and skips league.

I think in one of the last seasons of blitz I ran, you could protect ahead of time, based on the average draft positions of players, although I can see how the sort of salary cap idea could be good