NHL'94 Forums

NHL'94 Genesis Title Screen Photo

kingraph

Wow crazy :D

So I guess those weird bars in the stands were standard back then (come to think of it, I've seen similar things in Ottawa even now, but not behind the net..). I thought they boards looked different due to the ads just changing and the colours being adjusted to be less intrusive in the box cover.

Plabax FTW

Also did anyone catch Mikeys photo is Patrick Roy in a Kings Jersey.

Sundays they often did reverse jersey day.

.... I had never heard of this... really?!? Teams would play each other in the wrong sweaters?

A lead?

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/nhl-acquires-steve-babineau-photo-collection/c-448924

The National Hockey League (NHL) announced today the acquisition of the historic hockey photo collection of Steve Babineau, team photographer for the Boston Bruins. Babineau’s collection, which chronicles more than three decades of hockey history, coupled with Getty Images’ diverse NHL digital photo library, enriches the photographic imagery available through NHL Images.

Babineau’s collection of more than 225,000 images dates back to 1973 and records the careers of legendary current and former players, including Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Ray Bourque,Al MacInnis, Bobby Clarke, Mike Bossy, Marcel Dionne, Steve Yzerman, Chris Chelios and Martin Brodeur. He has shot more than 1,700 NHL games in 35 years.

He officially joined the Bruins as the team photographer in 1977, a position he now shares with his son, Brian.
Edited by jer_33

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

These boards are like YouTube. Total time suck! 

I’m 94% positive in 1992, for the 1st half of the 1992 season, teams wore home white and for the 75th anniversary, wore dark at home so a late season game in Boston 1992 makes sense. 

Original 6 teams had throwbacks also worn a handful of times during the season. 

February 92 Det at NYR w/Rangers in darks 

Dec 91 NYR at WPG w/Rangers also in darks. 

Edited by MikeGartner22
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, halifax said:

This guy found the actual nhl game that it happened. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFK8wx2W/

Yeah it's the reverse angle, but that's pretty awesome.

Just sad his comment of "lost media". As someone who appreciates historical records, never not annoyed and disappointed when I hear the phrase "The tapes were scrubbed to be reused and free up storage space."

On 1/7/2023 at 4:52 PM, von Ozbourme said:

Yeah it's the reverse angle, but that's pretty awesome.

Just sad his comment of "lost media". As someone who appreciates historical records, never not annoyed and disappointed when I hear the phrase "The tapes were scrubbed to be reused and free up storage space."

"No one's ever going to want to watch the original moon landing tapes right?"