NHL'94 Forums

Pass Shots and CB Checking: The Truth

aqualizard

6 minutes ago, Brutus said:

Don't let the nerd push you around!

Also, for those not aware, Plabax used to use a LAG SWITCH, which greatly increased his playoff winning percentages.  It was after this was discovered, and his controversial retirement that suddenly, his greatness has been put into question.

AND, the guy who FOUND the C/B trick is Plabax, and he used it for over a full season and won a title before sharing it, but part of his "glory" was with a clear advantage I think Frey? didn't know about. 

I mean, 1 million kudos to the kid to finding a bug in the game 20 years later that noone else had and using it to his advantage.  BUT in the debate of straight skill, Plabax was more like Belichick, using all the edges to win, but they become tainted.

Can't take away the trophies though, or the lack of class :)

hahahaha that's hilarious!

1 hour ago, Brutus said:

Don't let the nerd push you around!

Also, for those not aware, Plabax used to use a LAG SWITCH, which greatly increased his playoff winning percentages.  It was after this was discovered, and his controversial retirement that suddenly, his greatness has been put into question.

AND, the guy who FOUND the C/B trick is Plabax, and he used it for over a full season and won a title before sharing it, but part of his "glory" was with a clear advantage I think Frey? didn't know about. 

I mean, 1 million kudos to the kid to finding a bug in the game 20 years later that noone else had and using it to his advantage.  BUT in the debate of straight skill, Plabax was more like Belichick, using all the edges to win, but they become tainted.

Can't take away the trophies though, or the lack of class :)

:D:D:D  I know this is a comedy post,  but still. 

Here is the truth. I beat everyone down with skill. A champion like myself would never resort to dirty play :D. Take a look at my performance against my peers who live right next to me such as FPB, Zalex and Freydey... Won 80% of the time! Lost one time to Freydey in GDL12 because I handicapped myself and lost one time to Zalex in Classic because of home/away advantages, which is a bigger advantage than a "lag switch" :unsure:

Brutus' claim that I used the CB check without sharing it for over a full season is false. I found the CB check during GDL 11 on February 24, 2014, and I revealed it to the public on February 25, 2014. GDL 11 started on February 23, 2014 and ended June 14, 2014... so clearly not a full season. In fact, everyone played more than 90% of their season knowing what the CB check was! Also, Brutus even commented in the thread, confirming that he knew about the CB check.

How many games did I play with the CB check before sharing it? I played three regular season games.

Brutus' story of me using it to my advantage against Freydey in the playoffs is also false... Freydey didn't even play in the playoffs that season, lol! I did beat Freydey multiple times without the CB check though.. :D 

As for me using all the edges to win, remember that I purposely watered down a lot of my teams to challenge myself. If you look, you'll see that I have never drafted and played with any of the elite superstar players in GDL. I never drafted and played with a fast forward or a player with 5 shot power outside from Wendel Clark. Outside of GDL 10, Blitz 09 and Blitz 10, my teams were purposely built to be worse than what they could have been.

Edited by Premium

I knew I'd get a book out of Plabs on that one!!

Seriously, there is a video of Plabs vs someone in some finals using CB and it's obvious the other guy doesn't know WTF is going on.  I think it's Frey, but I'm old and my memory is not what it is.  Still, one of those titles comes with an asterisk in my book.

Online, dudes definitely use any edge to win.  I've often enjoyed taunting the kid for it, and shortly after I did, the lag spikes vs him stopped :)  Not sure if he ever did when he was way more competitive/ jonesing for titles or not.  Clearly, not at the end.

That said, I've never been half as good as him, and he clearly drafted a lower ranked team and also never tried to create a super team.  Big kudos for his work on finding CB, big kudos for setting up Plablegs and the non-penalty league.  I've never held his jockstrap in this game.

He still puts up the WORST WORST WORST arguments on any forum I've read.  Horrible logic pattern in that head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brutus said:

I knew I'd get a book out of Plabs on that one!!

Seriously, there is a video of Plabs vs someone in some finals using CB and it's obvious the other guy doesn't know WTF is going on.  I think it's Frey, but I'm old and my memory is not what it is.  Still, one of those titles comes with an asterisk in my book.

Online, dudes definitely use any edge to win.  I've often enjoyed taunting the kid for it, and shortly after I did, the lag spikes vs him stopped :)  Not sure if he ever did when he was way more competitive/ jonesing for titles or not.  Clearly, not at the end.

That said, I've never been half as good as him, and he clearly drafted a lower ranked team and also never tried to create a super team.  Big kudos for his work on finding CB, big kudos for setting up Plablegs and the non-penalty league.  I've never held his jockstrap in this game.

He still puts up the WORST WORST WORST arguments on any forum I've read.  Horrible logic pattern in that head.

You have subscribed to the Lupz and AJ school of "Stories and Lies about Plabax" :) 

The CB check was public knowledge for nearly four months before I won GDL 11. Anyway, asterisk all you want :D 

Again, more lies. We had lag, but the lag spike thing never happened.

Obviously you are joking/exaggerating, but I don't understand what some of the guys here get out of lying about me. I feel bad sometimes for guys like Lupz who come up with all sorts of wild scenarios and stories about me and then try to pass them off as fact.. lol!

Here are the facts about Plabax - Plabax won more than half of the major draft leagues in his time playing (as a non-C player) despite sitting out multiple times. Was around for thirteen leagues, qualified for the playoffs in eleven, made the finals in nine (consecutively), won seven championships.. Greatness!

Edited by Premium

4 hours ago, Premium said:

You have subscribed to the Lupz and AJ school of "Stories and Lies about Plabax" :) 

The CB check was public knowledge for nearly four months before I won GDL 11. Anyway, asterisk all you want :D 

Again, more lies. We had lag, but the lag spike thing never happened.

Obviously you are joking/exaggerating, but I don't understand what some of the guys here get out of lying about me. I feel bad sometimes for guys like Lupz who come up with all sorts of wild scenarios and stories about me and then try to pass them off as fact.. lol!

Here are the facts about Plabax - Plabax won more than half of the major draft leagues in his time playing (as a non-C player) despite sitting out multiple times. Was around for thirteen leagues, qualified for the playoffs in eleven, made the finals in nine (consecutively), won seven championships.. Greatness!

I think the issue with you, and knowing CB check, AND nobody else aware of it, and you not telling people (which I'm torn on whether you should be crucified for not sharing it, on one hand f**k everyone else it's in the game not my problem they can't figure it out, but on the other hand it's better for the community to know about all the joys this game has to offer, back then it was like Wild West, and plenty of top players, and no need for begging people to play so I lean towards f**k them I figured it out, and used something that's in the game to win didn't cheat, but now the community is different, and to keep it alive it needs to be more welcoming, and about the game then The Who's Dick is bigger then Who's all the time) was with Blitz 9, AND GDL 11, Fall Classic 14, and GDL 12 were the first time people knew about CB check after you revealed it, and Blitz 10 was the first time it was hacked out of the rom after you won Blitz 9 with a team which had nobody heavier then 7 weight in Klima, and a defense of Sweeney, and Leetch.  By Blitz 10, and GDL 13 your talent level was so much better then it was in Blitz 9, and GDL 11 that CB check did not matter anymore for you to be successful, but I'd argue prior to that it was key.

So your basically selling that it was just found out one day before GDL 11 is you telling stories, and selling them as facts, only you knew in GDL 11, it was GDL 12 where everyone knew, and GDL 13 where it was a HUGE difference maker league wide.

But again back in those days I don't see how it should be a knock on your success it was a different era around here then, and like I said it's not like you hacked it in the game yourself it's in the game you just figured it out.  And I'd also argue after it becoming public knowledge only one other person was capable of competing vs you in Raph anyways.  With you retired, and Raph coasting with no competition who play online it doesn't really matter anymore.

Edited by Lupz27

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I think the issue with you, and knowing CB check, AND nobody else aware of it, and you not telling people (which I'm torn on whether you should be crucified for not sharing it, on one hand f**k everyone else it's in the game not my problem they can't figure it out, but on the other hand it's better for the community to know about all the joys this game has to offer, back then it was like Wild West, and plenty of top players, and no need for begging people to play so I lean towards f**k them I figured it out, and used something that's in the game to win didn't cheat, but now the community is different, and to keep it alive it needs to be more welcoming, and about the game then The Who's Dick is bigger then Who's all the time) was with Blitz 9, AND GDL 11, Fall Classic 14, and GDL 12 were the first time people knew about CB check after you revealed it, and Blitz 10 was the first time it was hacked out of the rom after you won Blitz 9 with a team which had nobody heavier then 7 weight in Klima, and a defense of Sweeney, and Leetch.  By Blitz 10, and GDL 13 your talent level was so much better then it was in Blitz 9, and GDL 11 that CB check did not matter anymore for you to be successful, but I'd argue prior to that it was key.

So your basically selling that it was just found out one day before GDL 11 is you telling stories, and selling them as facts, only you knew in GDL 11, it was GDL 12 where everyone knew, and GDL 13 where it was a HUGE difference maker league wide.

But again back in those days I don't see how it should be a knock on your success it was a different era around here then, and like I said it's not like you hacked it in the game yourself it's in the game you just figured it out.  And I'd also argue after it becoming public knowledge only one other person was capable of competing vs you in Raph anyways.  With you retired, and Raph coasting with no competition who play online it doesn't really matter anymore.

Where does the idea of me not sharing it for a full season come from? Here is the timeline:

1) GDL 11 Starts on February 23, 2014

2) Plabax discovers CB check on February 24, 2014 

3) Plabax shares knowledge of CB check on Feburary 25, 2014

4) Raph discovers CB check works in Blitz on April 23, 2014

4) Plabax wins GDL 11 on June 14, 2014

5) Blitz 09 draft starts on June 25, 2014

5) CB check FIX is created on July 6, 2014

6) CB check is voted OUT of Blitz 09 before the season starts, but Freydey agrees to keep it in because the draft had already happened, and some coaches were thought to have drafted for CB check purposes

7) Plabax wins Blitz 09 (with only ONE CB check) on December 14, 2014

------------------

Also, I was arguably the best player in the community even before the CB check was discovered. 

Edited by Premium

I think Plabax is right.

Link to original post

I checked the timestamps of GDL XI, and they did start getting uploaded on Feb 23, 2014.

Though if he just found out the day before he posted, that's up for speculation.

He should learn how to play with a controller next so he can play in tournaments.

• Like 1