NHL'94 Forums

Fusion Tournament bestof7

Hey everyone,

I finally decided to run my first tournament.

A tournament based only on the emulator Kega fusion. The goal is to see if this emulator is a good alternative to gens for neplay, the second goal is to test the playoffs mode of the rom (maybe the games are more intensive in this mode, I suppose the IA is boosted in playoffs)

It's a quick tournament that we can run before the start, or in parallel of the Classic League and can be a good training by the way.

New players and SNES players are welcome (the rom will use the goalie hack).

Inscription deadline : Wednesday 26 October 12 am EST

Start : 28 October 3 pm EST (first round must be played later the 11 November 3 pm EST)

3 round to play (2 week per round, If a coach don't play his series in 2 weeks, he's out).

Ending of the tournament : 09/12/16 3pm EST

Rules for the first tournament :

Best of 7 series knockout with the Classic nhl94 rom + goalie hack. (edited to respect the playoff bracket)

Emulator : Kega Fusion only

Level entry : Any

Team pick : you will have the same team as in Classic 2016 fall if you are registered. For the other coaches who want to play, there will be a draw for the team selection order.

5mn

Penalties On - No offsides

No line changes

Special : the games are played in playoffs mode best of 1 instead the exhibition mode. (we can't use the playoffs best of 7 or 5 mode, according that the game crash in netplay after the first game).

Hoping at least 4 players :)

For those who have questions about Kega fusion : http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/9070-kega-fusion-netplay-testing/

Who's in ?

Actual players :

01. Pearate - Winnipeg Jets

02. IceStorm - Quebec Nordiques

03. donnybrook - Detroit Red Wings

04. Kingraph - New York Rangers

05. aqualizard94 - Chicago Blackhakws

06. AtomicRaven - Montreal Canadiens

Here is the tree, based on the last IIHF Classic rank (spring 2015)

1 Kingraph (3)

2 Icestorm (6)

3 Pearate (44)

4 donnybrook (not ranked and playing in A)

5 AtomicRaven (not ranked and playing in B with the best record)

6 aqualizard (not ranked and playing in B )

1st round : start 28/10/16 3pm EST ; end 11/11/16 3pm EST

The official source for Kega Fusion 3.64

And the rom for the first round : Fusion Cup round 1.bin Select the team 1, your opponent is automatically selected as team 2. Just by careful on which team is at home on the top of the screen, the team 1 is not automatically selected at home, retry until it's good.

Don't forget to save, we keep the records on http://nhl94rocks.com/

3) Pearate - Winnipeg Jets 3

6) aqualizard - Chicago Blackhawks 4

4) donnybrook - Detroit Redwings 0 FF

5) AtomicRaven - Montreal Canadiens 4

2nd round : start 11/11/16 3pm EST ; end 25/11/16 3pm EST

start 13/11/16 12am EST ; end 27/11/16 12am EST

Here is the rom for the Semi and the Finale Fusion Cup.bin

It's the classic rom with the Goalie hack. Just play in Exhibition mode.

Complete Tree can you post your score here please

Finale : start 27/11/16 12am EST ; end 11/12/16 3pm EST

Edited by Pearate

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try it Pearate.

Awesome that you're doing this. I know you've said previously language gap and time was an issue for you.

yes, but nothing was never done without some effort or time :) And honestly, running a short tournament is not so hard, we just need players and a bit of motivation.

Happy you are in !

According, we are only 3 players, I decide to extend the Inscription deadline to Friday 26 October 12 am EST.

So we can start smoothly to play in classic, maybe having a couple of more player in, and then start the tournament.

Edited by Pearate

• 2 weeks later...

4 days until the end of the registration.

We have actually 4 coaches in, and two round.

Where are the others challengers ? Where are the guys who said they love to play on Fusion ? :)

Keep in mind that this tournament is 100 % compatible with the Classic 2016 Fall. You will have the same team that in Classic.

It's the best way to compare the gameplay, and is the perfect training for the final playoffs series.

We need you guys ! :)

Edited by Pearate

Wait...what's the 'goalie hack'?

You can take control of the Goalkeeper faster with the Y button (you need to map the pad correctly) instead of holding B, like on SNES. And you are free to use your preferred method.

Edited by Pearate

Hey guys,

Aqua and I have been working on a tool to record Exis, specifically in best of 7 format. You can go here to check it out:

http://nhl94rocks.com/

This is currently in Alpha as there are quite a few things that need to be changed for overall use(namely the ability to upload just one game), but since this tournament is best of 7 I thought it would come in handy to record each round.

I've already tested with the Kega Fusion games saves and it works.

Atomic

Edited by AtomicRaven

Hey guys,

Aqua and I have been working on a tool to record Exis, specifically in best of 7 format. You can go here to check it out:

http://nhl94rocks.com/

This is currently in Alpha as there are quite a few things that need to be changed for overall use(namely the ability to upload just one game), but since this tournament is best of 7 I thought it would come in handy to record each round.

I've already tested with the Kega Fusion games saves and it works.

Atomic

Cool, just a remark, the username is limited to 5 character and I would use my forum name.

And I need a confirmation code, the mail who was send don't have a code.

I think we limited it to 5 chars as its responsive - works on phones - we'll take a look at improving that.

The conference code should be the link sent to your email ie http://nhl94rocks.com/reg/confirmreg.php?code=8557a97b6f1e53bcd8bb2e9eff3fd74f

Cool, just a remark, the username is limited to 5 character and I would use my forum name.

And I need a confirmation code, the mail who was send don't have a code.

That is really awesome.

Does it only work with the Original Rom? Fusion?

Hey guys, I don't want to pollute this Fusion thread, so I made another thread for questions...

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/17775-new-exi-tracker/

Yeah, if people want to use this tool for their 7 game series, it is a great way to record stats. If not, no biggie. But I know when I play games I will plug the game saves in because I want to make sure my the severity of my (received) beatings is on record. ;)

Edited by aqualizard

There are only a small number of playoff matchups, so you can't make it so every team can pay every other team.

I found a way, for 6 team there is no problem, even for 16 team, it match. My only problem is for the home and away, I don't find the logic of the selection, the team 1 is not always at home even with the good tree combination.

Why not have every team play ever other team in a 7 game series?

Then:

1. the two with the best record play each other in a 7 game series? (3 and 4 can play, too?), or

2. top 4 make playoffs, and 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3..