NHL'94 Forums

ba55i5t Resignation

ba55i5t

Hi all,

It is with sincere regret that I have to announce my resignation from the leagues I am currently involved in.

I am not looking for a plabax style debate about time management here, but instead, in the words of the infamous Pearate, I am not taking so much pleasure anymore.

I wish you all the best of luck, and to the current leagues I am in, I offer my apologies. At the same time, I will still log in occasionally and check out what's going on in the community. I look forward to seeing you all when ko94 comes back to TO.

For VHL - I will not be able to complete my season.

For GDL - I forfeit my series with Freydey

For Classic - please find a replacement for Calgary in GENS A.

ba55i5t signing off...for now

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by ba55i5t

I understand walking away, too. And I don't know the particulars.

But I would never walk away in the middle of a season. Get the games in, complete the season, THEN retire.

Note: Of course, if there is a medical emergency or family crisis, I would walk away mid-season. But "Not feeling it"? Not cool.

I understand walking away, too. And I don't know the particulars.

But I would never walk away in the middle of a season. Get the games in, complete the season, THEN retire.

Note: Of course, if there is a medical emergency or family crisis, I would walk away mid-season. But "Not feeling it"? Not cool.

Agree, classless move.

:eyes_droped:

GDL = Finish one series.

Classic = Why did you sign up??? Tons of work to set up and now you bail.

VHL = Again almost done

Don't put a picture of Gretzky up when you quit.

Gretzky would not quit.

Like Aqua said, finish then resign.

Edited by CoachMac

Agree, classless move.

Are you two serious? Dude said he lost motivation and time. Completely understandable, I think it's bush you two are piling on.

If he had a history of doing this sure but cmon man.

Are you two serious? Dude said he lost motivation and time. Completely understandable, I think it's bush you two are piling on.

If he had a history of doing this sure but cmon man.

I totally get losing motivation, but I also think you have a commitment to other people in the league to finish out your playoff games or season if it's late. I'm fine with replacing in classic, we just started, but to completely drop everything because you get bored is disrespectful to others who are playing/running the leagues. I know it's just a fun game on the side, but I still think feel you should feel some ownership/responsibility.

It is what it is, I'm not actually upset, ba55 apologized, what are you gonna do.

To me, quitter to me is not the same as classless.

I'm going to edit my previous comments here, and put this:

I respect Ba55 & appreciate the time he put in, the effort to learn the game. He carried himself well, and was entertaining and added to the value of all the leagues he participated in. He was disciplined in his commitment to his wife/family and it could make scheduling with him hard at times, but you again, still had to respect a man who had his values lined up.

And, while I respect him as a man, I still find to me, the best description of quitting mid season, forfeiting a playoff series and all like he has done to be more:

A byatch move.

People seem to like SLACKING more than someone who quits and actually asks for a replacement.. :huh:

SLACKING is classless. Quitting because you don't want to play is not. It would be lovely to see these kind of responses for the million slackers we have.

Edited by Premium

We're getting hung up on one word here.

Slacking (and not finishing) is worse than announcing you are quitting.

But announcing you are quitting THREE LEAGUES AT ONCE, well, that is... er... a selfish act "byatch move". (Though making an announcnment, and not just disappearing is appreciated.)

Ba55 seems like a good guy. I like him. Quitting 3 leagues at once, because you "lost the desire", is garbage behavior. You can be a good guy and still make a bad/selfish decision.

Edited by aqualizard

Ahhh Baff55fuck no! Quit when you're playing shitty, not now haha, you're playing very well. What about Plablegssssssssssss league? But.......I do understand it. I'm guessing too much time spent searching for coaches had something to do with it too. Please elaborate further as to why the loss of interest? It would be nice to know what drove you away. Although I think I'm on the right track.

As a side note, I like Calgary. But uncertain if Plablegs will start up sometime soon and/or the date of the next GDL. I ain't playing in more than 1 league at a time, yet alone possibly 3.

Edited by Uncle Seth

GDL is not going to be running anytime in the near future.

Classic will be done before it would start for 100% certain Seth.

As for Plab's league, you'd have to ask him directly.

Slacking, not finishing and keep signing up for more leagues, to me, is a greater "sin" than quitting.

Slacking on one league here or there, but eventually getting your games in, is still above quitting.

BYATCHING all the time in the league chat till noone wants to be in the chat is about even par with a few of these though :)

Don't know what happened to Ba55 who looks like a real good guy. Classless is not the good word for sure. But at least he could play his first round against Frey and we can replace him for the 2 other leagues.

People takes time and plays hard to make the playoffs especially in GDL so by respect for that 4 or 7 last games and then quit.

Nothing against Ba55,a guy i had some discuss on AIM and i really apreciate. I also understand you can lose love of the game and motivation.

Damn man, this is sad news. Do the 94 community a favour and give us some feedback on your experience and why you felt you lost motivation from playing.

For one of the top rising coaches in 94 to quit its a tough blow to the community. We need to find ways to keep people playing and keep having fun.

Damn man, this is sad news. Do the 94 community a favour and give us some feedback on your experience and why you felt you lost motivation from playing.

For one of the top rising coaches in 94 to quit its a tough blow to the community. We need to find ways to keep people playing and keep having fun.

Yeah, feedback would be great!

Seems like we all agree you are a good guy and are sorry to lose you. Giving feedback on your experience would be appreciated. :)

Hi all,

It is with sincere regret that I have to announce my resignation from the leagues I am currently involved in.

I am not looking for a plabax style debate about time management here, but instead, in the words of the infamous Pearate, I am not taking so much pleasure anymore.

Infamous ??? I have sometime the feeling I have a group of opponent in here. :closedeyes:

Anyway, there's always a comeback. I quit one time at the 2016 Spring Classic. Motivation was lost. I was about to quit in VHL too, I started the new season with no great attempt. And then the miracle :) I make a step. I don't see the game through the same eye anymore. So maybe we will see you again.

I feel you buddy.

I have lost interest in 94 as well.

:horror:

Edited by Freydey

Thanks for the kind words (after apologizing for the harsh ones).

Yes I lost desire to play the game, and increasingly my free time has been minimized (but this is a side issue).

Quitting is better than slacking and I grew frustrated with logging in constantly and having no one to play/the dudes I have to play are nowhere to be found.

I figure the real impact of my quit was felt most by VHL, with GDL having Freydey advance, and Classic no games played.

I value playing the game in-person where/when possible and will see you all whenever ko94 happens again in TO (hearing about this event is what sparked my want to join in the first place).