NHL'94 Forums

Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

Not sure if I'm interested in joining a league full time but it would be nice to have a tournament with the guys here since most of us don't play full time.

Format would be B01s double elimination hopefull with 8 or 12 teams.

I would like it if nobody picked OAK but that's up to the people in the tourny.

Anybody interested?

So far:

1. Me

2. Kingraph
3. Brutus

Edited by The Russian Rocket

I haven't played it in 20 years, but remember checking out their site/forum a few years back when plabax was discussing how they manage their leagues.

I believe I remember coming across Oakland having a big hole in their playbook, where the run down FB doesn't block & if you line up as that linebacker , you can get to Bo uncontested every time before he gets going. So you pick run up (shutting down that option), grab the down linebacker , & Oakland is now limited to 2 passing plays to choose from, which limits their ability to dominate.

I like the idea of a tecmo tourney though. Put me down as a tentative yes. I've been lower on time so depends when it would start.

I believe I remember coming across Oakland having a big hole in their playbook, where the run down FB doesn't block & if you line up as that linebacker , you can get to Bo uncontested every time before he gets going. So you pick run up (shutting down that option), grab the down linebacker , & Oakland is now limited to 2 passing plays to choose from, which limits their ability to dominate.

Thats the Original Tecmo Bowl.

Not TSB.

Thats the Original Tecmo Bowl.

Not TSB.

Online Tecmo is big on call the match up. But keeping the same team is good for a few games so you can get used to the team. Here's one pretty chart that breaks down the teams.

SF rarely gets called as Montana to Rice you can bomb all day and not worry about INT's.

I love Tecmo, it is a great game of strategy when played at a high level, My only complaint is if you can tap faster than the other player you have a distinct advantage.

TecmoTiers15.png