NHL'94 Forums

NHL 2017 by naples39

naples39

Alright boys, the world has gone long enough without an NHL2017 rom. I'm sure there's mistakes in here, but it's time to put it out there.

The usual features:

-Current lines, logos, and uniforms

-Player pictures for no-line-change starters

-Checking bug fix

-Graphic hacks for benches, faceoff boxes, crease, trapezoid

-Anniversary center ice logos for PHI, PIT, STL, NYR, LA

I'm sure there are mistakes in there regarding rosters and numbers, so feed back is welcome for fixes for a 1.1 release.

z5Z8AC8.png

9a7sLko.png

TVVZ46T.png

nhl2017.zip

• Like 2

Yes yes! Quick question what are the lowest rated teams in deadline 16/17? Wanting to increase the difficulty vs computer.

Arizona, Columbus, Buffalo, New Jersey are the worst teams.

Columbus still has decent goalie and D, NJ has Schneider and Hall, and Buffalo has some decent players. Arizona probably the worst overall team and Ekman-Larsson is only real standout

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dude...you are a God.  I hope you NEVER stop doing these.  They keep getting better.  Unbelievable work.  The accurate 50th anniversary logo for the Pens is unbelievable.  Oh, and it's PPG Paints Arena now...not Consol Energy Center. ;) (I say that 100%  tongue-in-cheek, especially considering NHL 17 hasn't even changed it.) Awesome job!!

23 hours ago, brianski71 said:

Dude...you are a God.  I hope you NEVER stop doing these.  They keep getting better.  Unbelievable work.  The accurate 50th anniversary logo for the Pens is unbelievable.  Oh, and it's PPG Paints Arena now...not Consol Energy Center. ;) (I say that 100%  tongue-in-cheek, especially considering NHL 17 hasn't even changed it.) Awesome job!!

Thanks! I do try to get the little things right, but some things inevitably slip through the cracks. I really like doing the accurate center ice logos every year, even if I had to crop and simplify a few slightly (Flyers and Pens 50th this year).

• 1 month later...

Just downloaded the update. Looking forward to playing it. I prefer naples39's versions because the speed is slower, making it harder to score, I find. Plus, the slightly slower speed is more realistic, and less arcade-like.

Edited by Brad1981

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, brianski71 said:

Any word on when Deadline 17 will be out? I just snagged a classic handheld Genesis, so I can't wait to get my hands on the newest update! 

NHL 2017 deadline by naples39                 

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2017 at 3:53 PM, Paddy_Mcstack said:

How to i play?

15 hours ago, naples39 said:

Download ROM, open it with a Genesis/MD emulator such Gens or Kega Fusion on PC.

Kega is available on Mac as well.

Paddy, please let us know where you get stuck and we'll help you out.

If you need an emulator (software for playing the game), you can get it here: http://nhl94online.com/downloads/Gens_Complete.zip (for Windows PC). unzip that and run the Gens application, then File->Open the nhl94.bin file to play the original game. Download the ROM/game from this thread and open it in Gens to play this updated one.

We're happy to help if those instructions aren't enough.

• 1 month later...

Gotta say, that Matthews splash screen is perfect. The simple blue/black/white colours convert really well to the available 16-colour palette.

4 hours ago, smozoma said:

Gotta say, that Matthews splash screen is perfect. The simple blue/black/white colours convert really well to the available 16-colour palette.

Agree!

Also I find for the most part staying away from showing faces is better.

Your Bure/Vernon.
My Gordie Howe Check