NHL'94 Forums

So whats the big deal with using a little smoothing?

hokkeefan

Ive used it since we started playing 94 online a decade ago ,it balances out the game and its nice n smooth but i notice alot of you plabax followers dont use it so it makes the game jitter ,10 times better with it on ,especially when playing on the other side of the country.

You use it when you need it. I don't mind smoothing if it's needed. I usually use it.

The one problem I had with it was when AJ was putting on extra smoothing for no reason and refusing to turn it off.

Edited by Premium

Smoothing adds extra frames to balance out jitter / bad internet connections with jumpy ping, good connections don't need it. More the frames the worse it is in case of response time to controls and that can handicap reactive players in compared to more of a simple efficient style.

Smoothing 1 should be ok in general, but more is questionable and reserved for real bad connections. The longer the distance does not equal to having an unstable connection.

Edited by Depch

Interesting.

So what do you think is the good way. I'm in Europe, sometimes in Nord Africa. In the past I used +1 and the games was always fine for me. But on the other side, players said there were lags. So I made some tests and apparently with 0 the games seem to be more playable by my opponent. But I have more frequent desynch .

What do you recommend ? +1, 0, or near UB ?

Edited by Pearate