NHL'94 Forums

New Exi Tracker

aqualizard

We made a simple tool for tracking series. It is currently only for NHL94 ROM, and 7 game series. ("We" is Atomic and myself, though Atomic has done the Lion's share for sure. Chaos sent us the gamesave parser to start things off, too.)

See:

This is Alpha, so there will be issues. Atomic and I made it to track our own games, and then thought, hey, let's open it up to the community.
If you have questions about it, ask them here.
Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 2

Cool, just a remark, the username is limited to 5 character and I would use my forum name.

And I need a confirmation code, the mail who was send don't have a code.

Yes, there might be a limit on the name length. We can change it, but for now, just create an account and call it "pear" or something short and still recognizable. I use "aqua" instead of "aqualizard".

The confirmation code is the email link itself, so just click on it.

Edited by aqualizard

Does it only work with the Original Rom? Fusion?

It only works with NHL94 ROM at the moment. And it works best with 7 game series. (Anything with less than 4 wins for one team will not show as completed.)

It should work with gamesaves from Gens as well as Fusion.

We have ideas about making it accept any ROM, as well as any series size (between one and infinity games, where you just indicate the games to include), but this is what we have as of today.

Edited by aqualizard

Cool! This reminds me of the awesome exi site sea-hag.net that Marchawg created. Doesn't look like it's still up, but he did share the source code, in case that helps you. I found the graphics/interface of sea-hag to be the slickest of all '94 sites, it was really great.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/16035-seahag-source/

Cool! This reminds me of the awesome exi site sea-hag.net that Marchawg created. Doesn't look like it's still up, but he did share the source code, in case that helps you. I found the graphics/interface of sea-hag to be the slickest of all '94 sites, it was really great.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/16035-seahag-source/

Hey that looks really cool And nice and clean, like you said. (We will just "borrow" his look. ;) )

We will definitely look at the source code!

Just made a few updates to the Series Stats page.

• Corrected the Total per series Penalty Minutes
  • Added Series Shots on Goal total
  • Added OT Identifier to each game
  • Winner Now bolded for each game
  • Changed Pearate back to PeeRat as per smozoma
Edited by AtomicRaven
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking about the Series Leaderboard.

I played a series with JJ, and played around with rosters. The final Series Leaderboard lists players by total points, which is cool. Just think it would add if it showed how many games each player played in, and maybe showed their Poimts/game numbers too.

I played a series with JJ, and played around with rosters. The final Series Leaderboard lists players by total points, which is cool. Just think it would add if it showed how many games each player played in, and maybe showed their Poimts/game numbers too.

That is a good idea. We will add that.

(How'd you get J&J to do a 7 game series? He is always saying "Best of 5" to me these days! On a positive note, Atomic made it so now you can do 1, 3, 5 or 7 game series!)

Done! We've added GP, TOI and AVG PPG.

You need a logo for the website.

Boom!

We did some major look upgrades. Got a better logo. Basically we are ripping off

nhl94hockey_dot_com that Raph gave us a link to.

(Ripoff is a harsh term. We are "paying tribute to" it. ;))

This is the mid-term look. We will get a better logo (pixelated) and have better support for phones soon. But the big next UI To do is Team logos!!

Edited by aqualizard

We have added perhaps the most important feature: Head to Head results! Now you can see how you match up against your fellow Nhl94'ers in exis.

http://nhl94rocks.com/resultsLeader.php?homeUser=1&awayUser=2

As you can see here I'm much better than Aqua. :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Also added some logos.

Edited by AtomicRaven

Looks great guys.

I really do think that if you could come up with an online tourney tracker, this could really be the answer to the lull in league-play.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

We've made it so the tracker now supports multiple bins (Again much thanks to Chaos for his tutelage on player offsets). We'll try and keep up with the trades, and can probably update a new bin once a day. Probably :)

So you can now see how your team is doing during preseason - good for trades etc.

On the "Create Page, there is a new drop down under "Bins" with the bin name.

Currently we have:

• nhl94.bin (the classic original)
  • plabaxipreseason.bin
  • plabaxipreseason_v06.bin

Games from Last night with Aqua for example: http://nhl94rocks.com/resultsSeries.php?seriesId=191

Ya...It was bloody

Raven

Edited by AtomicRaven