NHL'94 Forums

AIM sucking

AtomicRaven

Is it just me or is AIM sucking particularly badly lately?

Both the Android app and web interface are not showing new messages and/or are out of sync for me nearly every time I log on.

Maybe we should officially move everything to Dischord?

Edited by AtomicRaven

For others reading the thread:

Here are the instructions for installing Discord and joining the NHL'94 server: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/17771-new-instant-messaging-voice-chat-setup-discord/

There are already #classic-genesis and #classic-snes chat rooms set up (equivalent of the the AIM groups). Additionally, if you want to voice chat while playing your games, 3 additional general-purpose voice chat rooms are available.

Atomic is already on the server.

Is it just me or is AIM sucking particularly badly lately?

Both the Android app and web interface are not showing new messages and/or are out of sync for me nearly every time I log on.

Maybe we should officially move everything to Dischord?

I am fine using Discord, or whatever...

FWIW AIM does not seem any worse than normal -- for me -- lately.

But, I noticed you didn't mention the AIM Desktop Client. This is what I usually use. So maybe give that a shot? (I do dfind the Android app to be the buggiest way to use AIM...)

People outside the US might experience problems. The website aim.com might not let you in and says it's geoblocked, but there is a way to use the direct link aim.com/popup/ to avoid that, but for many people who knows to do that, especially new ones. I couldn't use the android app either from Finland or Poland for the very same reasons. PC application works fine and that weird popup link directly. Change is hard for people! :P

I'm leaving discord on for most of the time I've got my computer on (most of the time), but will check out AIM especifically when I'm looking for games.

++ I also experienced that messages were not updating problem at one point, but don't recall the fix nor was it the desktop app or popup link. It's good now.

Edited by Depch