NHL'94 Forums

Weight bug fixed draft league

Hi all,

I'm looking to start up a fast paced weight bug fixed draft league using classic rom.

Basic league info:

- 4 week regular season(40 to 50 games) and NO extension, 1 or 2 weeks for playoffs(best of 7)

- Speedy draft(3 or 4 days)

- A and B coaches wanted. Draft will be non-snaking with B guys going first. Draft order will be determined by the order you sign up here(with B coaches going first).

- 12 round draft(6 forwards, 4 defensemen and 2 goalies)

- Trading is allowed.

- 5 minute periods, penalties on, no offside and no line changes.

- Will use same rom code as used in blitz, but am open to any suggestions on this including available hacks.

I am looking for only ACTIVE coaches who want to enjoy a fast paced league. Slacking will not be tolerated! 12 to 14 coaches would be needed. Please sign up below with team name preference.

If we get the necessary number of coaches chaos will host on site.

League coaches and draft order:

1. CoachMac - Atlanta Flames

2. Aqualizard - Detroit

3. Jer_33 - Toronto

4. corbettkb - Dallas

5. jackandjose - Tampa

6. Kingraph - Rangers?

Edited by jackandjose

I am looking for only ACTIVE coaches who want to enjoy a fast paced league. Slacking will not be tolerated! 12 to 14 coaches would be needed. Please sign up below with team name preference.

What do you mean by "team name preference"? The team as it exists on ROM? If yes, Detroit!, baby!!

Edited by aqualizard

What do you mean by "team name preference"? The team as it exists on ROM? If yes, Detroit!, baby!!

No, just the team name. We will be drafting individual players. Edited by jackandjose

If you only have B players, does that mean it will still be non-snaking? Would kind of suck to have to pick last in every round.

If I only have B players I'll probably snake the draft. I'm hoping for a mix of A and B though. So sign up!

Will use same rom code as used in blitz, but am open to any suggestions on this including available hacks.

I am unfamiliar with the Blitz hacks, but my wants are below (taken from another thread):

Ok, I am interested ina ROM that has these fixes:

1. Record number of checks per player in a game (no after whistle checks).

2. Fix the assist bug where it doesn't remember the 2nd assist in a passing play goal if the scorer touches the puck twice

3. Fix the bug that causes one-timers to not count as successful passes.

4. Make the edit lines ratings match the actual on-ice ratings

In my opinion, these tweaks should be the Classic ROM. None of them affect gameplay, they all just help record stats correctly. (And #4 helps you see stats correctly.)

For the OCD types, this is from http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/8114-smozoma-hack-ideas-suggestionsthat I wrote a week or so ago.

Note: Raph pointed out that #3 doesn't exist as a ROM hack, but rather is an online stats tweak. So I am requesting Smozoma add it as a ROM hack before Monday, please. ;)

If I only have B players I'll probably snake the draft. I'm hoping for a mix of A and B though. So sign up!

Yeah, Plabax, sign up! I think B guys with CHI and DET would be competitive against A guys with EDM and PIT... Or, maybe as a point of honor some A guys would try to run the field with an even lower tier team, say a TB or SJ?

Edited by aqualizard

Yeah, Plabax, sign up! I think B guys with CHI and DET would be competitive against A guys with EDM and PIT... Or, maybe as a point of honor some A guys would try to run the field with an even lower tier team, say a TB or SJ?

Sorry, I read your previous post wrong. We will be drafting individual players. So with a non snake draft B players should be able to put together better teams making it more of a challenge for the A guys.

Sorry, I read your previous post wrong. We will be drafting individual players. So with a non snake draft B players should be able to put together better teams making it more of a challenge for the A guys.

Oh ok. WTH, I will still take DET. (Unless someone else wants them. Not a huge deal to me.)

Put me down as standby. If you get your 12-14, then don't put me in. However, if you don't get enough, I'd be happy to draft and play.

When using the Blitz ROM as a base, remember to include the CB-check fix.

Awesome! I'll put you down as standby.

Really, no one else is interested?? I don't see any other leagues coming up in December. Is 94 dead?

Looks like it -- league fatigue. Once we started having back to back to back classic/GDL/VHL/TDL/etc...I think it just drained everyone. I don't foresee an active league for a few months, maybe next fall, or when Pixelated Heroes comes out. Kind of like what happened a few years back...big lull in leagues.

Well, should we just do a 6 team league? I'd be cool with that.

I don't think we could do a draft though, maybe just pick teams.

Sure.

Size doesn't matter. Playing guys that are eager to play is what counts. Let's do it!

This is propably a tough time to kick up two leagues not named GDL or Classic.

There's been back to back to back GDL:s running up that has created some inflation on interest by over abundance of games. And now between the next Classic and GDL propably in 3-4 months, Plabax is kicking up something new in a competitive spirit for the game and then this in the spirit of Blitz. The truth is I would like to support new leagues, but cannot commit to 2 now. I feel like I'm obligated to support the competitive tryout so we have something to compare to as we've had talks of static and even the no penalties setup quite some.

Smaller leagues are quite fine though and great fun with active people showing interest to them. In Finnish leagues we usually were limited to 8-14 people and it was great. Leagues were shorter than the months lasting here, but way more active to keep interest.