NHL'94 Forums

Plabax League Signup

Premium

In the absence of GDL, I'll be running a classic draft league with no penalties (b-check enabled), static stats, quick goalie control and maybe Blitz-like boosted goalies. We will draft 4F,3D,1G.

The season will be 30 days, and will consist of four checkpoints. Miss one checkpoint, it's a warning. Miss two, instant boot (at my discretion). If you complete a checkpoint with a warning, you can get your warning removed.

Reply to this thread with your team preference (Classic only) if you are interested in joining. I will decide who gets to play in my league. If a guy like beavers replies, I'll skip him. Be wise and don't waste your time!! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plabax -

jackandjose - TB

Depch - FLA

HABS - ANH

kingraph - SJ

Icestorm - OTT

aqualizard - TOR

AtomicRaven - MTL

JV - NYR

Uncle Seth - DAL

Lupz - WPG

Edited by Premium

Reply to this thread with your team preference (Classic only) if you are interested in joining. I will decide who gets to play in my league. If a guy like beavers replies, I'll skip him. Be wise and don't waste your time!! :)

What does a "guy like beavers" mean? A level only?

I will take Florida, I must support this as the settings promote competitive gaming and reduce randomness, I think such a league must be experienced at least to have something to compare to.

I have never been promoting no penalties much, but 5on5 hockey with no skewed games due penalties is intriquing, even though they would in the long run be even. Static is what I've always wanted to experience in a league.

One thing I have always wanted to do is to adjust team strenghts to your likings. It can be maxed out or not maxed out. I'm especially interested in testing a not maxed out offence with maxed out defence as I tend to like those teams in Classic as well. How will these be determinated? Adjusting themselves would be equal as everyone can max out if they want. This would also propably give us hints are there really differences and do they affect the game. The only thing with possibly different team strenghts is that it could possibly affect the outcome if someone figures out something or then it's just playing to your strenghts.

How will advantages be? For as little effect as possible, I think home 0 and visiting 0 is the way. Have the lowest possible advantage at home and next to nothing at visiting team.

One thing I have always wanted to do is to adjust team strenghts to your likings. It can be maxed out or not maxed out. I'm especially interested in testing a not maxed out offence with maxed out defence as I tend to like those teams in Classic as well. How will these be determinated? Adjusting themselves would be equal as everyone can max out if they want. This would also propably give us hints are there really differences and do they affect the game. The only thing with possibly different team strenghts is that it could possibly affect the outcome if someone figures out something or then it's just playing to your strenghts.

How will advantages be? For as little effect as possible, I think home 0 and visiting 0 is the way. Have the lowest possible advantage at home and next to nothing at visiting team.

I am under the impression that the Offense/Defense advantages don't have any in-game effect, but the home and away do. The advantages will be set like the all-stars in Classic, with weak home and strong road.

Is there a rom out there to try the players/teams with these settings?

Everything (the spreadsheet, ROM) will be released when the draft starts. If you want to know further in advance, I guess I can say that the players should play similar to GDL. There just won't be any hot/cold.

Question - are you also preventing injuries by making duplicates of each player? So if Jeremy Roenick gets knocked out for game, you have Jeremy Roenick2, or something like that? Or we are just going with our 4th F in one of the others gets knocked out?

I know it's uncommon, but I guess 2 injuries to a F or D will give you a wonky lineup (F on D, or vice versa). And the super-rare 3 injuries would likely leave your team without a player, lol.

Just thinking out loud as the draft is creeping along...

I am pretty sure that the game has a max on the number of injuries. If you play a game with 3F and 2D, an injury won't have any effect.

I believe the same may happen here. The 4th forward or 3rd defenseman would come in for an injury, but any other injury wouldn't do anything.

I am pretty sure that the game has a max on the number of injuries. If you play a game with 3F and 2D, an injury won't have any effect.

I believe the same may happen here. The 4th forward or 3rd defenseman would come in for an injury, but any other injury wouldn't do anything.

In 2v2 you get duplicate players. Not sure how that relates here

I've lost 3 players vs Raph in the post season in GDL XIV I believe.

http://www.nhl94online.com/html/pl_box_score.php?gameid=6054

Sweeney was my 5th forward, I wanna say I think I lost McSorley in the 3rd, but I could be wrong.

I know for fact I lost 2 forwards, Mario and one of the other two twats.