NHL'94 Forums

Used to Play Blitz, Read About VHL. Anyone for Exhibitions?

crackawhat

Hey All,

I used to play in one of the Blitz leagues awhile ago. I read on the forums that Blitz is dead and has been succeeded by VHL. Would anyone like to play some exhibition matches? I'm going to be extremely rusty. I was previously in Blitz B and that was about 6 years ago now.

Hey All,

I used to play in one of the Blitz leagues awhile ago. I read on the forums that Blitz is dead and has been succeeded by VHL. Would anyone like to play some exhibition matches? I'm going to be extremely rusty. I was previously in Blitz B and that was about 6 years ago now.

Blitz was suspended. VHL is something different, where you play a Draft team with the last players (VHL 3 with NHL'16 players, and certainly VHL 4 with NHL'17 players) It's a good League with majority of B players, one or two A players, and one or two C players. Contact Skip if you want some info, he runs the League.

Some new Leagues are emerging actually. I expect to run myself a League, starting January 2017, Based on Line Change and Offsides On. I can keep you in touch if you are interested.

Blitz was suspended. VHL is something different, where you play a Draft team with the last players (VHL 3 with NHL'16 players, and certainly VHL 4 with NHL'17 players) It's a good League with majority of B players, one or two A players, and one or two C players. Contact Skip if you want some info, he runs the League.

Some new Leagues are emerging actually. I expect to run myself a League, starting January 2017, Based on Line Change and Offsides On. I can keep you in touch if you are interested.

I'm definitely interested. Can the AI even handle offsides though?

Additionally, what means of communication does the community use now? 6 years ago it was AOL Instant Messenger. Doubt thats the case anymore.

I'm definitely interested. Can the AI even handle offsides though?

Additionally, what means of communication does the community use now? 6 years ago it was AOL Instant Messenger. Doubt thats the case anymore.

The AI is not perfect and is better on the PC version. But I like to play this way.

We will use a Custom rom, with the good hacks available : Goalie button ; Weight bug fix, CB checks fix ; etc

+ The graphics hacks and enchantment.

The goal is to play strategics games more close to a simulation with all the major bug fixed. And keep the feeling from the original NHL'94.

I write a dedicate post soon.

We are still using AIM, some use pidgin (more convivial) and there is a fresh room on "discord" and another on "slack".

There is currently a debate about where we are headed for the future.

Edited by Pearate

Couple of final questions; What emulator does everyone use for Genesis? I have Windows 10 64 bit, not sure if that matters. Also what ROM does everyone use for weight bug fix exhibition play?

Everyone use Gens, and sometime Fusion.

You can find all the roms you need here Master List of GENS '94 ROMS