NHL'94 Forums

Game Highlight/ Recaps would be AWESOME

Brutus

So, all this stuff about the downward spiral of activity of late had me thinking about a few things.

The first would be, if the HOME team recorded the game (or both record and winning team uploads), and then put together a highlight reel of the game, including big hits and goals scored, NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL!

I can't even edit a movie, and I'm not sure how much additional weight adding youtube embedded videos causes the site, but to me, next time I run GDL or my own league, I think a weekly update might be necessary.

Something outside the box to spice things up, because it was getting a bit mundane.

How difficult is it to record the videos? (not the old way, cause that is a ROYAL PAIN/time resource hog)

How difficult is it to edit these videos into a highlight reel?

And once that's done, is a voice over by Brutus something easy to achieve?

Embedding a video takes no resources on this website, it's just a link to youtube, which your browser plays in the page.

The old way of recording (using kaillera replays) was pretty time-consuming, but with OBS studio it's pretty easy to record a game while you play it (as long as your computer is half-decent.. which is definitely not a given on this site).

However, I don't know how to edit, that needs some other software (or I think it can be done on youtube although it's not really easy/powerful on there from what I discovered the 1 time I tried it).

Voice overs are do-able, but again I'm not sure how to go about it to do it easily.

I played around with the idea of having a game featured each week on twitch tv. But this idea died somewhere. Twitch tv was a very nice platform for live games. But the person recording will need to set this up and that involves installing some software etc. Highlights would be sweet but we need an easy way to make it happen or it won't happen.

Add an option to upload krec to the game so everyone can download it from the game info page. Sometimes you play 2 in a row for the same krec, just upload it twice for each. Be able to comment the game maybe on page then. You can link tube or twitch or anything to comments as well. Anything to move stuff as much away from message boards.