NHL'94 Forums

AJ Has Forfeit

Premium

After refusing to play me last night, AJ has now kicked me from the GDL group chat and blocked me on AIM.

This is good for AJ, as it saves the time he will waste in losing to me, and it also frees up some more time so he can leave his nice California condo and head over to Saskatoon to take more pictures at the bar.

FPB/Seth, I can play whenever. I'll be ready.

Honestly, I don't care. You have trolled enough.

You said you can't play all week and all of a sudden you text me late at night with your usual "play" demand. Yeah, I'm real sorry I wasn't available at your beckoning.

I don't care what happens or what you say. Dq me, dq you, dq us both.i don't care. I'm done with you. You are actively ruining mine and several others online 94 experience. I have no clue why the community puts up with you.

Good bye.

I'll concede that taking a shower is a culture thing, but using it against someone as a reason they didn't play you is beyond lame, anal, stupid, whatever. There is a week left to play, and I'd assume if AJ fired up his Hamachi tonight and asked Plabax to play, the kid would, so despite his annoying moves here, I am forfeiting AJ for refusing to play Plabax. It is a pride decision, although I can understand it how he got there. I know 100% if AJ said he'd play tonight, Wednesday night or Thursday, Plabax would make himself available for one of those nights. He might continue to be a twat about it, but he would log on & play at least one of the three options.

Number of complaints from anyone that Plabax wasn't around to play his games over the years: 0

Number of complaints from anyone that Plabax game wasn't worthy opponent: 0

Number of complaints from anyone that Plabax didn't leave a draft list, actively follow up on lineup submission, etc: 0

The kid gets 100 in all the major categories.

Number of times guys wanted to quit a league, this forum or even the site because of Plabax: More than a few.

Number of times someone has called the kid a straight B-HOLE: too many to count.

So, long story short. GDL was presented to me as the Champion of Champions, and talent should be above comradery. I have tried to commish the league according to this tradition, including whom I let in and whom I didn't. As it stands, Plabax does bother quite a few guys, but plays all his games and is a top 5 talent with multiple titles.

AJ forfeits to Plabax. Sad you two couldn't play. Regardless of who is at fault, I was interested in the result.

So AJ goes 50-3-1, beats his first 2 playoff opponents, and is now forfeited because Plabax complains?

Sucks...crappy way to finish GDL.

I couldn't agree more. This season definitely is leaving a sour taste in my mouth all around.

As a commish, I can only go by this.

Plabax made himself extremely annoying to AJ.

AJ decided to not play him, and has made his stance final.

Can't see a way around forfeiting AJ.

This sucks very much. Most dominant regular season ever by AJ should not go down like this.

I can see this from both sides. Leagues are extremely slow paced at the moment and extensions have been plenty. It's taking a toll on the more active players and Plabax is blowing out his frustration. He is one of the top coaches, a very active one and very often right, but does have the lack of soft skills and be very direct and bring out the elephants in the room even to the extent of mind games, this is a terminology from call centers on your maners towards customers etc. When you're available most of the time and you have to play to the schedules of the other, it feels like you're the only one adjusting and giving in to the other and league backs the "slacker" up. AJ just wants to play the game and is in a scenario where you take in to account many things when it's possible, when to bug your friend and when you're able to. The latter is propably more often but you don't wanna play too tired etc, which affect the first two a lot. Sometimes you just don't want put up to negativities in your life and rather just not deal with them, when it's not really part of something necessary in your life. I hope AJ takes another look at this, so Brutus can revoke the forfeit, there still is time for the original deadline right?

Edited by Depch

... hope AJ takes another look at this, so Brutus can revoke the forfeit, there still is time for the original deadline right?

I WOULD GLADLY revoke the forfeit if AJ agreed to play Plabax.

For perspective, AJ texted me this morning stating he was done prior to me forfeiting the series to Plabax. I took him at his word that he wasn't going to play Plabax no matter what.

Now, I am too busy at work to try to negotiate out their situation. It's too late to kick Plabax out of the league for being annoying as we are in the semi-finals. If the other coach says he is not playing, then I have to forfeit him.

Again, IF AJ agrees to play Plabax, then I'll undo the forfeits, and they can upload the games.

Doesn't look like Seth is bothering to show up on the other end, which is really a double f-off to me after having to listen to him byatch ALL SEASON LONG like such a c____t.

May I say something.

I think in real life players or teams don't have always good relations, and the result gives derby and official rivalry, for example in Soccer, Boca Junior against River Plate is really something.

So, you are often talking about competition spirit and blabla, what I don't see here in final.

In the past, I had a hiatus with Houly and Tomcab, that doesn't mean I won't play them.

Quite the contrary, and it's what I said to Houly, rivalry gives a good reason to play your opponent and spice up the game.

I have a great respect for AJ, great player and his knowledge from the game is really impressive.

Plabax his a prodigy, he forced the top players to raise their skills to remain competitive. He needs to progress in communication, and his Ego is overemotional. But it's a part of genius and youth.

AJ saying that he won't play, doesn't show maturity, and it's disrespectful to the competition and other competitors.

So, in conclusion, I say that Top Players should show the example and put their ego away.

If you can't find a way to play, you are loosing your credibility.

My proposition : compare the agenda of the two players, set an appointment. They don't need to talk, just play.

If one of them don't show up, he is declared the "Wet Chicken of NHL'94"

Edited by Pearate

I WOULD GLADLY revoke the forfeit if AJ agreed to play Plabax.

For perspective, AJ texted me this morning stating he was done prior to me forfeiting the series to Plabax.

If AJ said he was "done", and "done" means he forfeits, so be it.

But!

I propose that the commish proposes a time, like "AJ/Plabax can you play Friday Nov 18 at 10pm EST".

Sadly, I think the commish HAS to get involved because these two can't figure it out on their own, and they are both too good, so for the integrity of the league, special effort is necessary.

Edit: I see I am in alignment with Pearate mentioning agendas in his closing remarks above. So I concur with Pearate.

Edited by aqualizard

If AJ said he was "done", and "done" means he forfeits, so be it.

But!

I propose that the commish proposes a time, like "AJ/Plabax can you play Friday Nov 18 at 10pm EST".

Sadly, I think the commish HAS to get involved because these two can't figure it out on their own, and they are both too good, so for the integrity of the league, special effort is necessary.

Edit: I see I am in alignment with Pearate mentioning agendas in his closing remarks above. So I concur with Pearate.

Yeah, + a live streaming so we can all watch the battle of the year ! :exciting: