NHL'94 Forums

One-timer Tourney

I'd inquired in the past about the option of hacking the rom to only count 'one-timer' goals, but I'm wondering if we couldn't just use the new exi site to only report the successful one-timer goals from the game savestates?

So, you'd still run 3-5-7 game series, but on the results pages - the scores would reflect only one-timer goals (and perhaps punish goals scored other ways?).

Any interest in this type of play?

Any interest in creating such a site?

Any interest in creating such a site?

Hey Jer,

first I want to say thanks for your support of nhl94rocks.com! I know you have used it a bit and given some great feedback.

Now, as to whether this stat mod can be done, I think it can. At least on the website. As long as the game is recording the correct one timers stats (which I am not sure, but maybe Raph or Smozoma would know), it would be pretty easy to only count one timer goals, and any goals beyond that amount count as -1 each (or whatever punishment is deemed appropriate).

And if there is real demand, sure we could add this feature.

Any interest in this type of play?

Sorry to say, I am personally not interested. Tweaking the way the game is played just doesn't interest me. (I don't play 2 on 2 for instance.) Seems to me, if only one timers counted, it would be pretty easy to really focus on clogging the middle and pretty well preventing any onetimers.

Edited by aqualizard