NHL'94 Forums

HOW TO: Add Logo to Scoreboard & 3 Stars (Pro Set from NHLPA'93)

kingraph

The following patch will add the Pro Set logo from NHLPA'93 to the Scoreboard and 3 Stars screen to any wboy 30 team ROM:  nhl94_sponsor_logo_patch.zip

The patch mainly moves around some graphic tile locations to make an editable 6x4 logo for the scoreboard and the 3 stars.  The logos are two separate logos, so you can have 2 separate logos if you like, but they share the same palette.

The scoreboard logo can be found in TM offset BC906, palette 366884, 2nd palette.  6x4 grid. 

Updated_scoreboard_proset2.png

The 3 stars logo can be found in TM offset 59364, palette 366884, 2nd palette.  6x4 grid. 

Updated_3stars_proset.png

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

I am loving this Tool.

I thought I would share some that I've made and get you guys feedback

.prosetss.PNGessoss.PNG

PRO SET Default in the Game                                               ESSO Oil Used in my Original 6 Roms

pepsiss.PNGmolsonss.PNGshellss.PNGcokess.PNGcoorss.PNGmcdsss.PNG

Raph made this Coor's Light one for ETB.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...
8 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

@kingraph, do you by any chance know where the layout map is stored for this sideboards view?

The layout of the scoreboard logo is BDD44.  I highlighted the tiles here:

Untitled.png

I also noticed that my original post had the incorrect palette.  Or at least I believe the palette on the scoreboard logo is 776934 (2nd palette).  The 3 stars and scoreboard have separate palette locations. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

If you do a bit of trickery, you can get enough tiles to fit both a scoreboard ad and the scorekeepers.

I always felt the roof looked way too low in proportion to the fans, so I eliminated those tiles, extended the stairs upwards and added more fans to make the lower bowl look bigger.

The resulting switch gave me a few more tiles to work with.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Drezz said:

If you do a bit of trickery, you can get enough tiles to fit both a scoreboard ad and the scorekeepers.

I always felt the roof looked way too low in proportion to the fans, so I eliminated those tiles, extended the stairs upwards and added more fans to make the lower bowl look bigger.

I thanks for the tip! I’ve actually already got a few free tiles by refactoring the lower half of the image. If I need more, I now know where to dig. 

6 hours ago, Drezz said:

True, it looks like when the Senators played at the Civic Centre! (one side of the rink only has ~12 rows)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TD_Place_Arena#/media/File:TD_Place_Arena_-_Interior.JPG

Still twice the size of where the Coyotes play..

• Like 1

Nice!!! I love seeing your work. Here's my current work in progress on it. It's just a subtle refining. I've changed about 20% of the tiles, but most are only by a pixel or two. There's a few easy tiles to re-purpose from the bottom. The benches can easily be drawn with one less tile and look almost identical, and the semicircle area on the ice can be simplified to use more flipped tiles, to free up another tile or two. IIRC, the boards also have at least one tile that is easy to steal.

I will share my Photoshop files for the tile maps etc, soon, in case they are helpful for anyone. Should I share them here, or start a "How to edit the Sideboards / Pause Screen" thread?

NHL 94 - Sideboards - Comp copy.png

Edited by AdamCatalyst
  • Love 1
  • Like 1