NHL'94 Forums

Gens: Stanley Cup Finals

Tickenest

We played the first two games of our series tonight, and Dallas came out victorious in both. Philly was hit with several penalties in the first two periods of Game 1, and Dallas was able to take advantage to build a 2-0 lead into the 2nd period. Philly scored a psychological blow with a goal with :01 left in the 2nd period, but Dallas scored quickly in the 3rd, and even though Philly took the faceoff and pulled to within 3-2, the tying goal was not coming.

Game 2 was an efficient performance by Dallas, as Philadelphia managed only a post in the 3rd period. Dallas effectively kept Philadelphia out of the Dallas zone, and 3 goals were more than enough to give the Stars a 2-0 series lead.

To be continued...

Guest cr0ssbar94
We played the first two games of our series tonight, and Dallas came out victorious in both. Philly was hit with several penalties in the first two periods of Game 1, and Dallas was able to take advantage to build a 2-0 lead into the 2nd period. Philly scored a psychological blow with a goal with :01 left in the 2nd period, but Dallas scored quickly in the 3rd, and even though Philly took the faceoff and pulled to within 3-2, the tying goal was not coming.

Game 2 was an efficient performance by Dallas, as Philadelphia managed only a post in the 3rd period as. Dallas effectively kept Philadelphia out of the Dallas zone, and 3 goals were more than enough to give the Stars a 2-0 series lead.

To be continued...

Hmmm this guy has come out of nowhere. He beat me up we played a game. I want another shot. I had the Rangers and fast teams like that I am no good with. I need a team in the 67-71 rating range. Fast teams have no defense and thats why he killed me.

Hmmm this guy has come out of nowhere. He beat me up we played a game. I want another shot. I had the Rangers and fast teams like that I am no good with. I need a team in the 67-71 rating range. Fast teams have no defense and thats why he killed me.

He killed you because he is good.

I might be more of a SNES guy, but I'm still following the GENS playoffs with interest, and here's to a great Cup Final!! I don't really have a preference as to who wins, but here's hoping Tickenest can come back and get back into this series.......... I wanna see seven games, many OTs, the whole works!

And so ends the Gens Stanley Cup Finals, with Dallas winning the series, four games to one.

Philadelphia battled hard throughout game 3, but couldn't keep the Stars from taking a 2-1 lead into the third period on home ice. The Philly offense finally came alive in the 3rd period, however, as a four-goal flurry gave the Flyers a deserved win.

Dallas was determined to avoid a repeat of game 3, and came out firing in game 4. Philadelphia could hardly keep up, and Dallas cruised to a 6-2 victory.

Back in Philadelphia, the home crowd tried to energize the Flyers, and they responded, scoring just :14 seconds in. Dallas struck back twice within the next two minutes, however, to take the lead, and added another in the 2nd period. Philly climbed back into the game, though, and bagged two goals in the middle of the 3rd period to pull even. Courtnall would not be denied for Dallas, however, and let a Philly defenseman overpursue before deking Soderstrom and putting the Cup-winning goal away.

It was a fine series and in the end, I was just outclassed by kgman, as we all are. Excellent games, sir. Enjoy the Cup.

Guest cr0ssbar94
He killed you because he is good.

Never said he wasn't.

He only killed me in game 2, and by that I mean he won 6-2. For me, thats being killed. He wanted me to pick the Rangers. I'm not good with super fast teams, is all I'm saying. Give me a 67-71 rated team anyday. they know how to play defense.

We were pretty even in our 1st game. He won 4-3 in OT. That's probably as close as anyone has gotten right now to beating him.

I have only played him twice. Right now he's better, but adjustments will be made. I am still learning his style of play. Everyone is, including Tick.

He will remain a top tier player no matter what though, no matter what adjustments are made. But certainly he is beatable. It's just a matter of finding his weakness and exploiting it.

Guest cr0ssbar94
And so ends the Gens Stanley Cup Finals, with Dallas winning the series, four games to one.

Philadelphia battled hard throughout game 3, but couldn't keep the Stars from taking a 2-1 lead into the third period on home ice. The Philly offense finally came alive in the 3rd period, however, as a four-goal flurry gave the Flyers a deserved win.

Dallas was determined to avoid a repeat of game 3, and came out firing in game 4. Philadelphia could hardly keep up, and Dallas cruised to a 6-2 victory.

Back in Philadelphia, the home crowd tried to energize the Flyers, and they responded, scoring just :14 seconds in. Dallas struck back twice within the next two minutes, however, to take the lead, and added another in the 2nd period. Philly climbed back into the game, though, and bagged two goals in the middle of the 3rd period to pull even. Courtnall would not be denied for Dallas, however, and let a Philly defenseman overpursue before deking Soderstrom and putting the Cup-winning goal away.

It was a fine series and in the end, I was just outclassed by kgman, as we all are. Excellent games, sir. Enjoy the Cup.

To beat you 4 games to 1 says a lot, looking at your record. I underestimated his talents the 1st time we played. He is the toughest opponent I have faced thus far.

I'll have a better idea what I'm up against the next time we meet. I'd like to play a 3 game set with him as Edmonton vs. Dallas and see what happens.

Well id like to personally thank those who have expressed congrats to me .......Its was a taugh comming back from the depths of 0-17

and win the cup! Jon Casey who was the laughing stock of league in first half of season comes back with 5 shutouts in the playoffs and ConnSmythe winner as MVP..........Tick u played great in finals im sure ive not heard the last from tick as i expect tick and all others to try harder in an attempt to dethrown the newly crowned king of WORLD!!!! (i said, i did, i conquered) ....also like to Evan for his efforts none of ths would possible without ur site and im sure their are those who helped u along the way just dont know there names thank you as well. GL to all next year in the league ........as my prodigy KGBOY with joining the league he is force to recon with LOL ..............now i must celebrate some more and try to get that nhl94.com championship T-shirt signed by Evan ....LOL later....

Guest cr0ssbar94
my prodigy KGBOY with joining the league he is force to recon with LOL ..............

He seems good but how is he with a team other than Chicago? :P