Premium

1. kingraph vs. lowest wild card seed

2. Depch vs. second lowest wild card seed

3. Plabax vs. 6. HABS

4. Uncle Seth vs. 5.  brutus

----------------------------------------

7. zeppelin55 vs. 10 jackandjose

8. TexasPachyderm vs. 9 Lupz27

There is no hard deadline for playoff rounds, but if I become bothered I will make one. There won't be a playoff ROM as the one we used during the regular season has 99min OT. Also, we will reseed.

Edited by Premium

1 hour ago, IceStorm70 said:

Rush to complete season but when games really matter - No deadline for playoffs unless you're bothered enough to make one.  

Solid 

Seems reasonable to me.  The guys that made the playoffs proved they were finishers -- or they would have been booted already --. so things can now proceed in Good Faith.  

1 hour ago, aqualizard said:

Seems reasonable to me.  The guys that made the playoffs proved they were finishers -- or they would have been booted already --. so things can now proceed in Good Faith.  

Seems reasonable if you don't look at past history of length of playoffs 

The idea behind it is that no matter how long you make the season length, people are still going to tinker around the deadlines. So I took an estimate on the shortest amount of time possible for 100% completion. It's not a "rush", it's an attempt to minimize the period in which many coaches purposely avoid playing. Had the season been two or three months, I believe there is a good chance the season looks the exact same.

When Icestorm ran his GDL seasons, they were 70% longer than the Plabax League but 35% of the coaches didn't hit 90% of their games. 

Playoffs can go smoothly without deadlines but sometimes there are a few guys who cause a huge delay. Those are the guys that will most likely bother me if I sense a delay coming, and those are the guys I will have no problem forfeiting. And as aqualizard stated, all coaches who decided to not play their season games on time have already been removed.

• Like 1

That sounds reasonable.  

I'm irritated I was booted when it was obvious I was making many attempts to get games in.  So the 'deadlines if I feel like it' is annoying 

11 hours ago, Premium said:

1. kingraph vs. lowest wild card seed

2. Depch vs. second lowest wild card seed

3. Plabax vs. 6. HABS

4. Uncle Seth vs. 5.  brutus

----------------------------------------

7. zeppelin55 vs. 10 jackandjose

8. TexasPachyderm vs. 9 Lupz27

There is no hard deadline for playoff rounds, but if I become bothered I will make one. There won't be a playoff ROM as the one we used during the regular season has 99min OT. Also, we will reseed.

Having run leagues with you in them, and having to listen to you constantly complain about deadlines dragging out in playoffs, I assumed you would hold to your belief come time to handle your own league and have made stricter guidelines to go along with your strict regular season booting policy.

I understand soft deadlines (ie 2 weeks), but don't understand "if I become bothered", especially from a guy who made SUCH A DEAL about AJ using the full 2 weeks allotted to him within the league guidelines.

Not sure I/we trust you to be the guy with the "bothered by" trigger. 

Obviously, it's your league, so not much real say I/we have other than to post and byatch like you did/do, and/or not re-join.

47 minutes ago, Brutus said:

Having run leagues with you in them, and having to listen to you constantly complain about deadlines dragging out in playoffs, I assumed you would hold to your belief come time to handle your own league and have made stricter guidelines to go along with your strict regular season booting policy.

I understand soft deadlines (ie 2 weeks), but don't understand "if I become bothered", especially from a guy who made SUCH A DEAL about AJ using the full 2 weeks allotted to him within the league guidelines.

Not sure I/we trust you to be the guy with the "bothered by" trigger. 

Obviously, it's your league, so not much real say I/we have other than to post and byatch like you did/do, and/or not re-join.

pretty much sums up my frustration.  If you're going to be so strict in regular season why let up so much in playoffs?  Especially when a couple of the playoff guys have notoriously delayed playoffs regularly.

I accept getting booted, just sucks seeing a 180 done immediately when playoffs start.

AJ was refusing to play me. I would boot someone like that without a doubt. 

When I become annoyed, I will post a date, and whoever is responsible for the series not getting played will get a boot. 

15 minutes ago, IceStorm70 said:

pretty much sums up my frustration.  If you're going to be so strict in regular season why let up so much in playoffs?  Especially when a couple of the playoff guys have notoriously delayed playoffs regularly.

I accept getting booted, just sucks seeing a 180 done immediately when playoffs start.

Nothing suggests that I'm not strict. It's clearly implied that anyone who delays the playoffs will be kicked out. How does that come off as letting up? 

You fail to understand that with the exception of the finals, delayed playoffs are 100% correlated with having no quick deadlines. You don't know how long it will take for me to impose the deadline.

Why not trust me with the trigger? If you guys plan to play seconds before the deadline, don't worry. I'll give a heads up. Otherwise, it shouldn't matter.

Edited by Premium

Plabs is a stickler and I think everyone knew that going in.  Those who made playoffs played all their games, as was required.  There was some leniency built into the league also, by means of meeting consective checkpoints (erased prior strikes).  I echo Aqua's statements in that he's awarding us some leeway because we got 100% in regular season.  He trusts we won't make a mockery of playoffs.  

I know Ice was trying so that sucks.  I was hoping he'd be able to get those last games in the day of the checkpoint because the hammer didn't come down until early evening.  However, myself and Plab were also trying in classic, yet we didn't get enough games completed in time to make playoffs.  There were players I needed to play that flat out refused to respond to multiple communication attempts by me (asking for time slots to play).  In many past seasons, there have been extensions in classic (which I wasn't a fan of).  This time there wasn't.  Kind think we lucked out given what happened in playoffs.  Nevertheless, I was excited to be using CGY, looking forward to the post-season with them and bummed when I saw I didn't qualify.  

Anyhow, I love this league and I'm spoiled by it.  I trust Plab will make the right calls going forward if there are any issues.  

Icestorm would have gotten his games in but he left for too many days. Same thing happened to CBK. Maybe you can do that in Classic (see mr. Bud of the Year, AJ) and walk all over the league and the wishes of the commissioner, but not here :) 

The final four are left. The deadline will be Monday the 27th at 11:59PM EST!!

I accidentally chose the wrong rounds for the series.. so we will need to fix that. Ignore the empty series created in the first two rounds. If you guys do play, make sure you upload your games to the round 3 series that has been created.

Depch and zeppelin are left to play. The deadline will be Wednesday the 22nd at 11:59PM EST!!

EDIT: I could have sworn that I read that Depch had beaten Zeppelin. My bad.

Edited by Premium

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:16 AM, Uncle Seth said:

sometime later in the week

whens this big matchup going to take place?  Excited to see some vids and results.

MAD MAD props to the Mad Hatter, the Seth meister.

Captain Caveman, the clown.  Taking the Raph meister down.

For ALL of us who got our skulls crushed in by King Raph this season, it's nice to see someone stand up to the bully and take down that beanstalk.

4 games to 1.  Hope there is no controversy in these kills here, as it really looks epic!

Love making fun of "my clown", but always mad kudos to his game.  If he starts yanking down championships, will have to start tolerating his split persona :)

Hope the video gets posted still?  Also would love to hear Seth's and Raph's comments?  Especially with it being a bit of a surprise. (Not neccesarily that Seth won, but that he seemed to dominate based on # of games.)

Congrats, Seth! 

Kudos to Seth on a dominating victory, there really isn't much to say.  Seth came prepared to play and just killed play from the beginning.  I wish I could have put up a better performance, but I didn't have the energy or the will to play last night.  Here are the krecs for those who want to view

58afaba70102.krec

58afb0370202.krec

58afb4890102.krec

Thanks for a great season, good luck to Seth and Plabax in the finals!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.  Had to stay focused, composed and put it all on the line vs a heavyweight like Raph.   I have loads of respect for him, he's helped me recognize the crappy habits in my game so that I can fix them.  Don't know what else to say.  A man of few words I guess....when I'm not in complaint mode.  Should be a wild series up next. 

Edited by Uncle Seth
  • Like 1

Well it wasn't a wild one all.  Plabax takes the crown with suffocating D, along with better: passing, possession, playmaking, intercepting, AI from his fwds and D (i'll never figure out why), and shooting accuracy.  I had a lot of chances in some of the games but missed a whole bunch of shots wide.  I had and still have no answers.  You could even argue my team is more potent.  If I had to play the series over again, I don't know what I could have done to change the outcome, and I usually can critique my game well.   Except maybe using J. Murphy instead of Gartner, seriously, I still hate him.  He was a liability in this series despite being an asset in the previous round one.  But anyway, congratulations to Primetime Plabax, he earned it 100%.  

Edited by Uncle Seth

Gz to Plabax.

4 hours ago, Uncle Seth said:

Plabax takes the crown with suffocating D, along with better: passing, possession, playmaking, intercepting, AI from his fwds and D (i'll never figure out why), and shooting accuracy.

I noticed that when I got more to a possession mode in games 5 & 6 vs him in the semis he went more to the turtle mode (krecs avail in other thread). I do not know was it me being able to push the game so much and forcing him to turtle or was it him baiting me to commit so he could find some open room from counter offensive (swos type approach). In more open end to end hockey I think I liked my chances in that series, but I was poor at reacting to the change and started to think about it too late, just had my focus on pushing the offence. Simply put he just had a better mental game.

Accuracy is often related to crowd I see. High crowd tends to make the other team miss nets much more, there are a few other things I've started to guess it affects as well (when either player misses a lot or an open net, pause and check crowd, I'm sure you'll see it over 90db, the casual play is usually around 80-90 when that stuff doesn't happen, period starts with a 65db).

Also as you guys have come to see I'm full of random theories, sometimes even closing to the to the state paranoia (never de facto unless proven) I also think that responsiviness can have an affect on how your AI reacts in comparison to the opponent, if response is not 100% even the other team has the advantage in initiative. Settings (esp. lag comp) can have an effect there, if the difference is clear cut.

But I also think winning momentum/crowd plays a role and if the latter is bigger part of it and it's something your style can have an effect to. I would like to know the science behind it so I don't have to think about it in the games. I should have a lot of nice records of these as examples to show that can raise up questions, if I just ever find the will to go through them.

For the sheer theory what I'd like to see in possible future plablegs is stopping the check counts after whistle at least so at least we can eliminate any chance of that having effect on play itself, the activity to keep yourself "warm" off play can still persist then. Also reducing the advantages & disadvantages to minimum as in Brutus league, I think I've seen home team miss nets more there during the small sample size. I'm still guessing they affect how the crowd affects the play, there are fluctuations within the games that are not explained changes in player attributes and the missing shots (open nets etc.) in general is related to the crowd.

Edited by Depch