NHL'94 Forums

[April 7-8, 2017 - Madison, WI] - Tecmo Madison: Friday Night Retro (NHL 95 - GENS)

Tournament Weekend Events

FRIDAY APRIL 7TH

Tecmo Madison: Friday Night Retro

When: Friday, April 7th, 2017 from 6:00 PM-10:00 PM CSTPhotoFunia-1487114895-300x215.jpg
Where: High Noon Saloon
701 E Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 268-1122

Registration for Saturday’s Tecmo Madison XIII
Tecmo Madison XIII Play-In
NBA Jam: TE Tournament (Genesis)
NHL95 Tournament (Genesis)
Tecmo Super Bowl Mini Tournament
Equipment Drop-off
Controller Inspection

More info on Friday’s festivities: http://tecmomadison.com/friday-night-schedule-update/

SATURDAY APRIL 8TH

Tecmo Madison XIIImack-182x300.png

When: Saturday, April 8th, 2017 from 9:30 AM-Completion
Where: High Noon Saloon
701 E Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 268-1122

Start time: 11:00 AM

The tournament will start between 11:00-11:15am. That means that if you don’t show up until after 10:30am, we’re going to give your spot to an alternate. We strongly recommend early bird registration on Friday night because of this. Also, beer, friends & NBA Jam: TE.

Tecmo stream archives for the interested:

http://facebook.com/TecmoSuperBowl/videos/10150792087764944/

Edited by davefmurray
added stream links
  • Like 1

My car will be loaded to the gills with Sega Genesis's to bring a little Segathon to Madtown on Friday night.  I need to figure out the details with time and running 2 different games but I'll figure it out soon.  If you were on the fence about coming to Madison for a Tecmo weekend hope this puts you over.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, davefmurray said:

Aww bummer. You were asking about Tecmo Madison on T-Borg. I thought you had signed up bud!

Would love to go...someday I'll make it bud...but this year I chose to spend bucks on a couple different trips.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, halifax said:

Would love to go...someday I'll make it bud...but this year I chose to spend bucks on a couple different trips

That sucks, bud. Maybe next year's Friday Night Retro can feature the real NHL game. I'll blame @segathon for your absence.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2017 at 9:25 AM, davefmurray said:

That sucks, bud. Maybe next year's Friday Night Retro can feature the real NHL game. I'll blame @segathon for your absence.

Love the retro Friday idea...seems you got a few buds signed up already for the 2 on 2. not sure how many are in for '95. @segathon

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Updated this post with vids of the 4 main scoring moves in NHL 95 for rookies and guys that need to shake the rust off.  It's a few post down from my wordy guide 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, segathon said:

Updated this post with vids of the 4 main scoring moves in NHL 95 for rookies and guys that need to shake the rust off.  It's a few post down from my wordy guide 

Wait until I pull off my one-handed Down+B against you in the finals. It is the ultimate demoralizer which leads to your crumble and demise!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the rules.  Pretty similar to other tourneys.  Sign up Here for NHL 95 

or here for NBA JAM DOUBLES 

Entry Fee & Time
  • $10 per player
  • Tournament starts at 6:30PM, Friday, April 7th.Tecmo-Madison-Friday-Night-Retro-300x300

Registration

• Comment on this post
  • Comment on the FB Group Post
  • Show up in person with $10 before 6:30PM 

Tourney
  • Double Elimination Bracket
  • Bracket seeding will be done at random
Settings
  • Play Mode:  Regular Game
  • Per. Length: 5 Minutes
  • Goalies:  Manual Control (goalie auto defends unless you switch into them or have puck, penalty shot)
  • Penalties on, NO offsides
  • User records:  OFF
  • Penalties: On, Except Offsides
  • Line Changes: OFF

Team Selection
  • Only Can use each NHL team Team once.
  • Team Declaration: Before start of game Players will count to 3 and then yell at top of lungs their team at same time
  • There can be mirror match ups (Wings on Wings)

CONTROLLERS
  • Team 1 or 2 Selection – Play paper rock scissors, flip a coin,
    • Winner get to choose either the controller or Home/Away
  • Team 1 is Home and goes up twice, Team 2 is Away and only goes up once
  • There will be a mix of 6 buttons and 3 buttons controllers
  • Don’t unplug controllers.  Talk to Sega (Nick) if you have a controller issue

OTHER NOTES
  • If there’s a system malfunction, then the game will restart with that score and play the number of periods that were remaining (a partial period you replay full period)  (NOTE: player injuries, penalties won’t carry over from the previous game)
  • If a game is still tied after overtime is completed, then the game will be reset, and play will continue until someone scores. (NOTE player injuries, penalties won’t carry over from the previous game)
  • Changing goalies: Goalies may be changed before the opening face-off and during play stoppages. You cannot change goalies during a face-off, or when a penalty shot is called.
  • Editing lines: Lineup changes will be allowed at the beginning of the game, when there is an injury to a player, during intermissions and when a timeout is called (by either team). If you would like to make a change at intermission, please notify your opponent that you wish to do, so they can allow you the time before the start of the next period.  And try to be quick
  • Don’t pause during game, if you have to pause do it when you have puck in your own zone
  • No banned scoring moves, but you always have to try to score.  If you are up you can’t skate around behind your own net to kill time
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, smozoma said:

53... really need to convert some of them to forum members :)

53 who RSVP'd to a FB event page. Attendance is well over 100 at this point. I stopped counting at 100 because once past the century mark it gets nerve wrecking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smozoma said:

1 hour ago, davefmurray said:

53 who RSVP'd to a FB event page. Attendance is well over 100 at this point. I stopped counting at 100 because once past the century mark it gets nerve wrecking.

I guess somebody does love 95!

Pretty amazing turnout!

What did we have in Toronto?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CoachMac said:

I guess somebody does love 95!

Pretty amazing turnout!

What did we have in Toronto?

128 registered...but I think around we had somewhere around 120 show up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smozoma said:

I'll be sure to pimp NHL94.com  

It's the big tecmo tourney that is bringing them in, but guys are really pumped to play JAM & NHL. 

Getting a little worried we may have to cap the number of participants, two game tourneys running on a dozen segas in 4 hours time frame could turn into a shitshow.  Have an APB out to all Segathoner's to search boxes in their garage for sega stuff,