NHL'94 Forums

on odd screenshot request

hort22

so was looking at the full rink pics in the multimedia section of the main site right here.http://nhl94.com/html/multimedia/screenshots.php

and was wondering if it would be possible for a higher res shot of the genesis rink all by itself.

anyone have anything like that?

thanks

Hmm... that is not really gonna be a screenshot.  We all use computers with way greater resolution than the emulator, and by extension, the Genesis itself, so there is no way of getting higher resolution than exists in the source.

You would have to manufacture an improved, hi-res image of the rink with Photoshop or some imaging tool.  (Probably not a lot of work for a graphic designer, but layman couldn't do it.  A layman would be googling for something good enough.)

Those are my thoughts.  Someone else me have better news, or be more optimistic.  I am a  "glass half empty" sort of dude...

Edited by aqualizard

Ok so maybe not a higher res per say...how does one go about making that rink picture? I can't just take a screenshot from an emulator.

long story longer I'm looking to print  some nhl94 art and was gonna use the genesis rink as one picture.

First, I would google and see if it exists already.  If it doesn't then...

Yes, you could definitely do like 3 screen captures, and stitch them together in Photoshop or whatever.   I think GENs has a shortcut for taking a screen cap.  Or just use PrtScr and crop out what you don't need in Photoshop or Paint or whatever.

Quality will be quite poor, especially for print, though.  I am sure a designer would make something suitable for print by faking the pixelated look, with an actual super hi-res image.  (You can't just enlarge the screen caps because the quality will get horrible when you scale bigger.)

I am hoping someone else chimes in.  I am no expert, and am more of a coder than a designer, and am just telling you what I believe to be the case.

Best thing to do is go to an Instant Replay of the game in GENS emulator and take a screenshot of each corner (ctrl+backspace to get screenshot).  Then you can paste them together using MS Paint. 

I did one here a while back, if that works for you:

• Like 1