NHL'94 Forums

VHL 4 - League Registration

skip

Hey everyone, welcome to VHL4!

***Registration will remain open until March 26th***

VHL is a WBF draft league where we draft from the 2016-17 rosters. The excel files shows the draft pool. Last season's final went to Game 7 OT!

We'll need to have at least 14 teams for a draft. If we cannot get 14 solid guys, we'll go to a regular team draft (classic style).

**Notes for VHL4**

We will continue with a ~40 to 48 game season. This is mainly a B league, but all are welcome.

Draft will not be a snaking draft. Instead, we will continue to use a true NHL style draft where we start from #1 pick again in Round 2, etc. This should allow for better competitive balance, while also rewarding players who play all of their games. Draft will be determined prior to the new league season. New players will be added to middle of draft (A guys to the back of draft).

Playoff seeding will be separated from playoff qualification. We use playoff system where win % determines your seeding.

Let me know if you have any questions.

NHL17skipDeadlineFinal.zip

Good stuff guys, noted all of you. Welcome back JV!

for Pearate, the CB check is disabled (we use the Blitz ROM, where CB check was taken out).

• 2 weeks later...

In so far: Skip, JV, J&J, Tex, Jer, Pearate, CBK, Darko, Chef, Aqua (?). Lupz is unfortunately out. This is going to end up being a team draft because having 10 All-Star teams will be kind of silly.

What I have for a draft order (whether it is just for a team or a player draft) is:

1. CBK  2. Jer  3. Darko  4. Aqualizard  5. Chef  6. JackVandal  7. Pearate  8. Jack&Jose  9. TexasPachyderm  10. Skip

I am still accepting new teams until Wednesday!

I would like to rejoin if its alright. I would have to be re-educated it all things 94 though cuz i forgot how to play

FYI, Skip's ROM is a Blitz based rom.  Blitz enables 6 buttons for Y button goalie control.

If you don't have 6 buttons enabled (even if you only have a 3 button joystick), it will desynch.

I am finalizing and creating the draft parameters and will post tomorrow. Draft will begin next Saturday.

Order: 1. CBK 2. Jer 3. Darko 4. Chef 5. Trojan 6. Mavs 7. JackVandal 8. Pearate 9. Jack&Jose 10. TexasPachyderm 11. Lupz 12. Skip

I think we'll do a 44 game season so everyone will play every team 4 times. I need to decide if we can do a draft with 12 teams. I am leaning to no, though Tex's idea is interesting, I'd hate to leave guys out. I am trying to see if I can come up with a different type of draft. Maybe we draft with a "salary cap" in mind or something.

Not that this is my business and I am sure that I will be skewered for these comments.

But I believe this is part of the problem with the leagues around here.

These are the facts about almost half of Skips new league.

I am sorry to post this as I truly like some of the guys listed below.:red_heart:

CBK: kicked out of Plabs for slacking, 2 deadlines behind in ETB.

Chef: kicked out of Plabs for slacking, needs 3 games today in ETB to make very soft ETB deadline.

Darko: needs 7 games today to make very soft ETB deadline.

Mav: No explananation needed.

Lupz: just quit ETB

Edited by CoachMac
update

4 hours ago, CoachMac said:

Not that this is my business and I am sure that I will be skewered for these comments.

But I believe this is part of the problem with the leagues around here.

These are the facts about almost half of Skips new league.

I am sorry to post this as I truly like some of the guys listed below.:red_heart:

CBK: kicked out of Plabs for slacking, 2 deadlines behind in ETB.

Chef: kicked out of Plabs for slacking, needs 3 games today in ETB to make very soft ETB deadline.

Darko: needs 7 games today to make very soft ETB deadline.

Mav: No explananation needed.

Lupz: just quit ETB

yeah that's fine, but we need guys to have a league.

Mavs finished his last season in this league (VHL2). CBK has had issues it seems, so yeah. Darko is around when he can be, always finishes his games. Lupz has always done what he needs to in VHL, I realize he had some stuff going on lately. Dude will bang out 20 games in one day though.

I guess it's easy to comment about guys when you're not in the league, but it's ok.

1 hour ago, skip said:

I guess it's easy to comment about guys when you're not in the league, but it's ok.

Funny thing is.... Mav didn't finish his season, and Darko almost never finishes his games.

So maybe it is easy for CoachMac to comment when he's not in the league. Unlike you, he doesn't have an extreme bias towards the league.

On 4/2/2017 at 6:25 PM, Premium said:

Funny thing is.... Mav didn't finish his season, and Darko almost never finishes his games.

So maybe it is easy for CoachMac to comment when he's not in the league. Unlike you, he doesn't have an extreme bias towards the league.

I'd say 'what the hell do you know' about VHL2, because what do you know? Nothing. You should deal with your own league with guys with 0 GPs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2017 at 7:34 PM, jer_33 said:

It's a great rom, like a juiced Blitz rom.

..and it looks great!

Played some exis tonight!  Skip this ROM is excellent, well done.  Looks fantastic, feels amazing (light and quick), and you applied some great patches/hacks to make it fun!

Sorry I couldn't play in the league, but I look forward to playing some exis with some of the regulars! :)

• 5 months later...