NHL'94 Forums

Summer League

Type of League I can join for the Summer  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Summer League - to start about June 1st

• I am ONLY interested in Draft style league, with League Stats, the whole 9 yards, etc, and have the time to commit to this.
    • I am MOSTLY interested in Draft style league, and have time to commit, BUT would take whatever I could get my hands on
    • I am MOSTLY interested in a Summer League without heavy commitments, but might still join a Draft League if it was all that was on the table.
    • I am ONLY interested in a Summer League with loose settings/standards, as it's SUMMER & my time is sparse.
    • I am interested, but could not commit to anything as of now. Possibly could be a late sub, substitute, etc.
    • I need the Summer off and wanted to take your poll :)

The poll is the best way to start:

WHO IS AVAILABLE???

LOCKED SETUP:
Classic Rom.

The back drop:
I'd planned on possibly using Google Docs to run some form of a Survivor style Classic league this summer, where we would log scores, not stats.
So, you would not have a Draft, but would pick which team to use vs which opponent.
Given some like to play more than others, I also figured I'd come up with a ranking system to enable some reward for heavy action, and some reward for higher win percentages, and do like a tourney based on your ranking at the end of summer.  Figure, June, July, August is finals.

Would be a great lead into Vegas.

ANYHOW, COMPLETELY open to running some form of a Plablegs style league or what not if interest is high enough.  Not running ETB back till Winter, as Vegas does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT use Weight Bug fixed rom, and so, I won't be using that ROM till after Vegas.

Will take whatever I can get my hands on.

Prefer a draft league, and WBF, and the A vs B style of ETB.  Come to think of it, I guess I want ETB again!   Or ETB physics but Plablegs rules (no rules!)...

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kylewat said:

Hate plablegs.

will play whatever. That isn't an option.

7 minutes ago, aqualizard said:

Prefer a draft league, and WBF, and the A vs B style of ETB.  Come to think of it, I guess I want ETB again!   Or ETB physics but Plablegs rules (no rules!)...

I definitely want to get a take on what guys want, just like this, so we can figure out the supply/demand here and put together whatever we can.

2 reasons I'm NOT doing ETB right now, as previously mentioned on #2.

#1 Skip is currently running a league that is WBF and is tying up half of the B guys who would make up the ETB B side and a few of the A guys. 

#2 I PERSONALLY do NOT want to be playing WBF and then spending money to goto Vegas to get my butt kicked because I spent the summer playing under a ROM with completely different physics.  Since I'm the guy who is going to be running it, my one big NO is a lock :)

45 minutes ago, Brutus said:

#2 I PERSONALLY do NOT want to be playing WBF and then spending money to goto Vegas to get my butt kicked because I spent the summer playing under a ROM with completely different physics.  Since I'm the guy who is going to be running it, my one big NO is a lock :)

That's a good point.  And based on your logic, you won me over.  I feel the same way now, too!  (In fact if it is a draft league maybe I will draft mostly fatties and finally get a handle on CB checking!)

Edited by aqualizard

Love me some WBF.  But the points of Vegas & two current WBF leagues is more than understandable. In for whatever always (just don't remove breakaway penalty shots)..

Is Vegas for sure yet?

Edited by TexasPachyderm

2 minutes ago, TexasPachyderm said:

Is Vegas for sure yet?

No.  But last post by Halifax seemed like SOMETHING was locked.

3 minutes ago, TexasPachyderm said:

Love me some WBF.  But the points of Vegas & two current WBF leagues is more than understandable. In for whatever always (just don't remove breakaway penalty shots)..

I was thinking of the reduced penalty to one minute like in ETB, EVEN if we use Classic ROM.  I liked it a lot, and it seemed to be a good compromise from guys who HATE penalties.

1 hour ago, aqualizard said:

I feel the same way, exactly. But I'll be around for whatever.

If guys want to be tuned up for Classic and Vegas - then wouldn't you want a league that let you play a number of match-ups? Draft league is still only going to give you a limited pool of players to work with.

That said, I'm up for anything especially if it has that A/B league. ETB got it right with the 2 game inter-conference player and 4 game in-conference play.

19 hours ago, Tunowash said:

I would like to be in this league. Can someone please let me know what I nned to do do.

Thanks 

Find a coach and get him to vouch you are able to play online.  ANYONE from the site.

We use Discord, NHL94 to chew the fat and setup games. 

Right now, we've got:
Ice, Aqua, J&J, Tex, Habs, Raph, Jer, Brutus, Zep, Skip on the vet side.

Bearhops & Tunowash are newcomers looking to get into the action.

That's a 12 pack for now.  I'll message out some other guys and see where we end up, and make a final determination.

3 minutes ago, Tunowash said:

I am confirmed and ready to go.

Yup, he hosted a couple games with me no prob... had to tweak firewall and reinstall Hamachi, but all good now. 

• 2 weeks later...