NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA questions

(1) Some NHLPA roms I try work, but on others, the screen just goes black when I try to load it from the Everdrive. Anybody have a suggestion?

(2) Can I use SmozROm or EARE with NHLPA?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Matt55 said:

(1) Some NHLPA roms I try work, but on others, the screen just goes black when I try to load it from the Everdrive. Anybody have a suggestion?

(2) Can I use SmozROm or EARE with NHLPA?

Thanks!

#1 I have same issue with any 30 team roms of NHLPA 93 on the Everdrive.
Strange and I have not found a solution.

#2 No.  NOSE is the only tool that works with 93, But you can do most of what Smozrom and EARE do with a Hex Editor (i.e. fix wt bug and number of teams, etc...)
I can help you if you let me know exactly what you want to do.

My plan is to make an 80's version of NHLPA for line changes ON where the checking line is a fighters line you can deploy at will and let slip the dogs of war.

I love using NOSE (what a great program for people like me!), and I will do all of the players and ratings.  

However, I can't do two things I wanted:

(1) a generic NHL logo for center ice for all teams

(2) 80's banners (Los Angeles gold and purple, Minnesota green and yellow, Wales and Campbells instead of East and West, etc.)

I was going to start with others' work as a base on these graphics issues, but their 30 team ROM jams up in the Everdrive.  Besides, I kind of wanted to start my own from scratch.

So now I have your "simple weight bug-fixed" version of the original and am ready to go to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, Matt55 said:

My plan is to make an 80's version of NHLPA for line changes ON where the checking line is a fighters line you can deploy at will and let slip the dogs of war.

I love using NOSE (what a great program for people like me!), and I will do all of the players and ratings.  

However, I can't do two things I wanted:

(1) a generic NHL logo for center ice for all teams

(2) 80's banners (Los Angeles gold and purple, Minnesota green and yellow, Wales and Campbells instead of East and West, etc.)

I was going to start with others' work as a base on these graphics issues, but their 30 team ROM jams up in the Everdrive.  Besides, I kind of wanted to start my own from scratch.

So now I have your "simple weight bug-fixed" version of the original and am ready to go to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Let me go through my old 93 stuff.

I may have the rom you need.

The problem is you can't edit banners/center ice in the Original.

AND

You can't play 30 team roms on the Everdrive.

SO

You may be stuck.

Anyway I'll do some messing around and see if I can help you.