NHL'94 Forums

Hotel Rooms Discount Link

halifax

Hi Guys,

I finally have a link for you so you can book your rooms. They've given us discounted room rates from Thursday to Sunday....and they gave a waiver on resorts fees (which they don't typically do). You must book by sept. 7th for these rates.

https://reservations.travelclick.com/97332?groupID=2004264#/guestsandrooms

1 hour ago, kingraph said:

That's the tournament registration page bud?

fixed.

• Like 1

Additional note about the booking fee from downtown grand.

"We normally don’t waive resort fees, so I can’t take the verbiage off the booking engine, however I added it into the pop-up message, and there is usually a piece in the confirmation letter notifying the guest of the $23 resort fee which I was able to take off from the group bookings."

Just now, clockwise said:

Do I have to pay now? 

Also, I think found out that what happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas, means.

Last day is september 7th you can get this rate (or, of course, if the hotel is booked). have you already registered for the tourney as well?

"once you finish booking, the confirmation email won't show the resort fee. "

• Like 1

I want to sign up for both systems so I can suck twice as hard.

Please note that you must be 21+ years old to attend due to the venue. Food and alcohol will be available.

Do I have to bag-lunch or does that mean there is stuff that we can mooch on? If so I'll just be like T.hanks from that scene in Big.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:29 AM, clockwise said:

I want to sign up for both systems so I can suck twice as hard.

Do I have to bag-lunch or does that mean there is stuff that we can mooch on? If so I'll just be like T.hanks from that scene in Big.

Hi Bud,

As I understand it - food and drinks are not included, but are available for purchase.

10 hours ago, clockwise said:

Alright then. Moms said she'd make PB&J and tuna sandwiches for everyone. 

Your mom is the best.

• halifax pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 9:42 PM, halifax said:

As I understand it - food and drinks are not included, but are available for purchase.

Whoops, my fault (I wrote that "Food and alcohol will be available" bit), I figured it went without saying it was available for purchase, not available for free.  Should have been "Food and alcohol are available for purchase on the hotel premises" or something like that.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:27 PM, halifax said:

Additional note about the booking fee from downtown grand.

"We normally don’t waive resort fees, so I can’t take the verbiage off the booking engine, however I added it into the pop-up message, and there is usually a piece in the confirmation letter notifying the guest of the $23 resort fee which I was able to take off from the group bookings."

I just booked. Thursday-Sunday.

I think the resort fee was successfully waived, because it doesn't mention it in the confirmation email (although you do see it while you're trying to book, which is worrying, but you pay when you're there so in theory you could fight it if they tried to add it then).

I liked seeing the "NHL94" signup option on the hotel form:

BookingNHL94.jpg

Resort fee listed while booking was a bit concerning but it wasn't listed in the confirmation email, like they said.

Price.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, jackandjose said:

Ok, link no longer works.  I'll call and see if that works.

Yeah, once it expired on sept7th. They took it down.

1 hour ago, jackandjose said:

Yeah, I saw that but was wondering if it got extended by chance. 

We inquired but they would not extend it. 

5 hours ago, jackandjose said:

Ok, thanks halifax.  Procrastinating never pays.  I was able to find a good price at the Plaza which is very close to the Grand.

Yeah, I am in similar situation.  I had 3 hotels booked, all with "Cancel By" dates of Sept 27 or so... I kinda figured this deal was in the same ball park. Missed it.

Oh well.

• smozoma unpinned and locked this topic