NHL'94 Forums

How do you play?

plaid

• 2 weeks later...

SNES - 5 - P. OFF - L.C. OFF - D.C. ON - MANUAL

• 1 month later...

We always play with 5 minute perioids, penaltieson, line changes on, manual goalie, when playing head-to-head.

Sometimes we play Two-teammates, penalties off,linechanges off, manual goalie, 10 minute perioids. We scored 51 goals with Chicago against Ottawa playing with those rules. We're still waiting for Evan to put those sreenshots on nhl94.com :blink: .

I think linechanges are a must when playin' head to head. And I recommend you try playing with those rules with Tampa Bay vs San Jose. It's a classic. Played about 200 games with my friend with those teams.

To my opinion the only way when playing head-to-head is to play eith offdides on , line changes on , and icings on. And usually 5 minutes period. If you play with offsides on , it gives so much unrealistic situations in the rink, that it is not fun. It is much more challengin to play with offsides on. That way u cant score easy goals and the defence becomes more tactically.

also playing with all three its more realistic. You can find new guys from the bench during the game and still you don,t have to take " the best" playesr iout. allthough, when i am playing with my friend tebiah, the best playesr are usually the worst because the fastest guys always skate to offside positions. Usually at least few stars are bencjehd when we play.

What do you think, anyone else have ever tried to play with all rules on..?

"can't disagree with what you say; to each his own. But I also find chess challenging - I'm just not always in the mood for chess. Sometimes I just like to go out and crack a few heads, cut down on the whistles and play hockey"

Well, sorry for asking then if you think that way, but why do you play NHL 94? It is so realistic that if you want to crack some heads you should play nhl 93, 95, 96, and so on.. Theyre all too fast to play. And of course each with his own style, youre absolutely right. But if you're comparing the finest sports game ever to chess, then maybe should try to change your way of play..?

Would probably kick your ass in the game badly on what settings anyway. :lol:

Well, sorry for asking then if you think that way, but why do you play NHL 94? It is so realistic that if you want to crack some heads you should play nhl 93, 95, 96, and so on.. Theyre all too fast to play. And of course each with his own style, youre absolutely right. But if you're comparing the finest sports game ever to chess, then maybe should try to change your way of play..?

Would probably kick your ass in the game badly on what settings anyway. :lol:

My only point is that simply whether or not something is "challenging" doesn't necessarily correlate to how "fun" it is. To me, an uninterrupted flow of play is fun. To you, it isn't, and you prefer more whisltes and stoppages. That's great for you. If there are a lot of others like you, you guys should form a league with those rules, I have no doubt it would be fun for you.

Period Time - 5 mins

Penalties - Off (On, w/o offsides when I want to practice my shorthanded game)

Goalies - Auto (Last time I tried to control a goalie manually, I gave up 9 goals to the CPU)

Line Changes - Off

Thats goog for you stevens. Maybe you should try to learn use the goalie and instead. Igf youre letting nine goals in your own net, you are in the wrong companu my friend. This place should be for professionals only :rolleyes: . And by the way, scott steven's slapshot is accurate as the blind man eyes.

Hey tebiah, when do we play..? Maybe we should save one of our games to computer and show these amateurs how to play? Anyway, have all good time when your next time jumping to ice. You cocksuckers!

My only point is that simply whether or not something is "challenging" doesn't necessarily correlate to how "fun" it is. To me, an uninterrupted flow of play is fun. To you, it isn't, and you prefer more whisltes and stoppages. That's great for you. If there are a lot of others like you, you guys should form a league with those rules, I have no doubt it would be fun for you.

addisonbr: It is great for you, if u cant play with whistles and stoppages, when the offsides, icings and linechanges(manual) are on. It is really good for you. Because there probably are more chickenshits like you, maybe you guys should try to play an intensive game with all the rules on. Please try it my dear friend addinsonbr. Maybe you will find a whole new area in this game. You don't loose anything for trying it at least ?

Or maybe it is too fast for you to see the situations if the line-changes are on. Do you have bad vision? -Maybe you should try to go more close to your 12 inch big tv..?

addisonbr: Maybe you should go and try sell something to flea market. Maybe your computer?, or if you have a game console?. That way you could try to buya bigger tv to yourself so you could see the whole ice. Then, you should start saving money to buy a new console or computer and meanwhile you should really research yourself, maybe try to learn froom (books?, web-pages? ) how to play this game before comparing the game again to chess. :rolleyes:

If I ever play online, go easy on me, since I struggle to score/hit/pass. Basically, I'm the Sixty Whiners of NHL '94 (Mutant League Football reference)
Thats goog for you stevens. Maybe you should try to learn use the goalie and instead. Igf youre letting nine goals in your own net, you are in the wrong companu my friend. This place should be for professionals only . And by the way, scott steven's slapshot is accurate as the blind man eyes.

Soory about that Stevens. My bad totally., rookies are their own species. It is great to have your here. Humble attitude is always goog for rookies. Glad that you have found this fantastic game. Good lucjk with your becoming games. And byetheway, New jersey is my favourite team too! Keep up the good spirit of meadowlanD!

From Admisorb : Here's a 4-second goal I recorded, which is the fastest I've heard of actually happening. There's an extra pass in this clip; theoretically, I could imagine a 3-second goal without that pass, but I've never seen or heard of one in reality

Well, it finally looks like you got to headlines my friend. Nice goal, four seconds from face-off,not bad att all. The unfourtynately thing is, that the goal which shows in that youtube link is not and it can't been made by you. You know why? - , cause your fingers are more slowly than with the guy who has been on the northic pole without gloves for two weeks!

But still, good trie my friend, good try. :rolleyes:

i totally agree with ahola & tebiah. only way you can show your REAL talent in this game (finger-quickness, puck-eye and so on) is to play with offsides on, linechanges on, manual goalie. that is a fact, it's as simple as that. :)

totally agree with seemio :) , even though it was the head coach of dallas who said that.

PS. Hey seemio, i heard that tinordi is in awful shape for the next seven.is that true? and is Gaetan Duchesne still arrested from steeling apples from the market..?

One moore thing: When you next time talk to the university-guy, tell him to call Mckay, they have some unfinished businesses i think...

totally agree with seemio :D , even though it was the head coach of dallas who said that.

PS. Hey seemio, i heard that tinordi is in awful shape for the next seven.is that true? and is Gaetan Duchesne still arrested from steeling apples from the market..?

One moore thing: When you next time talk to the university-guy, tell him to call Mckay, they have some unfinished businesses i think...

you are right about Tinordi's condition, he fell from ladders so he hurt his ankle quite badly but i think he starts sevens and we'll see how he can manage. concerning gaetans rumour it is not true at all, instead of mocking my players you should keep your dumb "ex horseteeeth"janne ojanen on leech because he got into a fight again with a hotdog seller...he had so much drawl coming out of his mouth that he had to get extra sausage with his own hands and gues what happened -> he is in hospital whining about missing teeths. i spoke about this matter with university-guy and he laught and said that Mckay is so weak in ice that when i release an enormous fart next to him on ice, he will get an concussion of it. so, good luck for upcoming sevens ahola, COS YOU REALLY NEED IT! :)

Period Time - 5 mins

Penalties - Off (On, w/o offsides when I want to practice my shorthanded game)

Goalies - Auto (Last time I tried to control a goalie manually, I gave up 9 goals to the CPU)

Line Changes - Off

How to avoid: Don't control the goalie. Just control players and switch players if you get put on the goalie. If you do get put on goalie control or a penalty shot comes up, stay with the AI player and move with him. Most of the time the shot will go straight to the net and the goalie will be right in front of it.

I play whole games and never get put on goalie control.

Setar & S.Stevens! You mustbejoking with that goalie stuff... You cant even call yourself players if you cant play with the goalies.

I have to say, the quality of the players on these sides seems very low. I have to agree with ahola on the fact that 6-7 best players come from finland.

Setar & S.Stevens! You mustbejoking with that goalie stuff... You cant even call yourself players if you cant play with the goalies.

I have to say, the quality of the players on these sides seems very low. I have to agree with ahola on the fact that 6-7 best players come from finland.

You fins are lucky that I don't want to flame on this site. You guys have pissed me off beyond belief with all the gibberish that comes out of your mouths. I think I speak for the rest of the community when I say that this place would be SO MUCH better off without you. I actually find it rather pathetic that I'm arguing with you.

To add something to this conversation, each player plays the way they want. To criticize people for the way they play is like cheating in the Special Olympics. It just doesn't work.

Okay okay okay. Let's try to cool it down a little. This site embraces players of all stripes and skill levels... Part of the goal of the forums is to give people a place to ask questions about the game, learn what strategies work best and practice against other players. It isn't helpful when people get insulted for coming here for help.

I'll make my Finnish brothers a deal... Keep the trash talking amongst each other, or with other users here that want to join in "the fun", and I won't keep asking why Sweden p0wns your country on the ice ;)