NHL'94 Forums

How do you play?

plaid

I'll make my Finnish brothers a deal... Keep the trash talking amongst each other, or with other users here that want to join in "the fun", and I won't keep asking why Sweden p0wns your country on the ice ;)

Oh, you're BAD addisonbr!!!!!

I'm sure the fins and their fine dialect will have a suitable comeback though. Is the trans-Atlantic lag too much for a Fin vs. America matchup? That would be most interesting.

I'll make my Finnish brothers a deal... Keep the trash talking amongst each other, or with other users here that want to join in "the fun", and I won't keep asking why Sweden p0wns your country on the ice :D

OWNED. Bad. <3 Addison~!

In all seriousness, I think the lag would be too much for a Finland v. North America match. Consider the distance between Finland, the US, and Canada (if there are any Canadian players)

Stevens says: You fins are lucky that I don't want to flame on this site. You guys have pissed me off beyond belief with all the gibberish that comes out of your mouths. I think I speak for the rest of the community when I say that this place would be SO MUCH better off without you. I actually find it rather pathetic that I'm arguing with you.

Hey stevens. Take it easy, theres no ned for you to talk like that. I am sure that tebiah was only fooling around. Those kind of statements are not personally, they are part of the game. It might be that you would win us ( finns) if we would play. You have to realize that it is part of the strategy that you give to your opponents. If you get mad about statements, just give it back, dont take it as a insult!

Setar says: How to avoid: Don't control the goalie. Just control players and switch players if you get put on the goalie. If you do get put on goalie control or a penalty shot comes up, stay with the AI player and move with him. Most of the time the shot will go straight to the net and the goalie will be right in front of it.

I also will give you advice conserning the goalie stuff. To be at the highest level in 94, you need to know how to use your goalie. Play with the manual goalie and learn. Computers shots dont nearly always come towards the net (and if you play against other player, they certainly wont come towards the goalie) , so just standing still is a very bad thing. For rexample if the you want to avoid icings, just take the goalie ang get the puck behing the net. Only by using the goalie can you develope your defence. If you dont ever use goalie, you will never been able to win big games, trust me !

Ps. It takes time but maybe one beatiful day we jump to rink and you can get x-large cup of coffee with cream and sugar and some donuts for free on me :D

I have to say I agree with most of here that you shouldn't act like a cocky arrogant show off when you got nothing to show for, and even if you would, that would still be wrong.

As a fellow Finn I have watched this conversation with astonishment.

I have never seen these guys in any of our over 30 online leagues from year 2001.

I welcome them to challenge the Finnish elite before shouting world domination.

In all seriousness, I think the lag would be too much for a Finland v. North America match. Consider the distance between Finland, the US, and Canada (if there are any Canadian players)

It isn't that bad. We have succesfully played many lagfree games with kgman. Usually the ping values are 70-110 (In some european servers) and 60-125 (in american servers) sometimes we have even found servers where the ping difference is just 15-20 with 90-110.

Tickenest has played in many Finnish online leagues without any problems.

Me and my country are insulted by that!

Of course there are Canadian players, after all hockey is OUR game.

Gee, I can't open my mouth without offending someone. Clearly I wasn't thinking when I said the stuff involving Canadian players. I'm sure they are wonderful players.

Sorry for coming off rude lately, but I got several problems of my own lately, with all the work I've had to do for my sim baseball league, and maybe the frustration of still being winless in my NHL 94 online gaming experience is getting to me a little bit.