NHL'94 Forums

What team did you get?

roccopan

Just wondering if anyone knows or is speculating what team they got and in what league.

I went after the Sabers in the B league and I registered pretty early, so I'm thinking I got 'em.

Anyone else?

Well there wasn't an option to select leagues, but because i'm a "rookie" and this is my first year I would hope to be in the B league.. Also I started to register at 12, however 2 tries through Firefox wouldn't register when I clicked the button. Filled out a form with IE, and submitted at like 12:09, with the Hartford Whalers my #1 choice. I think I could get them because they aren't exactly the best team, but it's my team.. :)

DYING to get my penguins back for the snes league, got my fav player of all time with super mario....im not allowed to use them with some of the friends i play with :), which is bullshit..lol but should i win the snes league i think it is only proper to defend with the rangers...so we will have to see

Guest cr0ssbar94
Just wondering if anyone knows or is speculating what team they got and in what league.

I went after the Sabers in the B league and I registered pretty early, so I'm thinking I got 'em.

Anyone else?

I got New Jersey.

I registered like 10 mins tops after the window opened to register, so I'm thinking it's likely I got my beloved Quebec Nordiques, for the SNES A League.

Guest cr0ssbar94
Is team registration published anywhere, or are all you guys just assuming who you got?

Nothin'g official but I registered 5 minutes after noon and picked New Jersey.

Somehow I doubt the line on NJ was very long, LOL.

People still think fast teams and highly rated teams are the way to go. Look at the cup winner this year. Dallas. Fast teams have no defense, although I must say gr8199 is good with Boston so if he got them he'll be tough.

Nothin'g official but I registered 5 minutes after noon and picked New Jersey.

Somehow I doubt the line on NJ was very long, LOL.

People still think fast teams and highly rated teams are the way to go. Look at the cup winner this year. Dallas. Fast teams have no defense, although I must say gr8199 is good with Boston so if he got them he'll be tough.

dude kgman won with Dallas b/c he's a lot better than anyone else

Guest cr0ssbar94
dude kgman won with Dallas b/c he's a lot better than anyone else

Umm...that was the point sir.

I went 29-10 with san jose. kgman won the cup with dallas.

The player is what counts, not the team.

Well i completed the forum in about 2 mins at the most and i started about 5 sec after it was placed up so i belive i got Que for the B league but i don't no

Apparently I got the LA kings, thegr8199's old team, and he got Boston, my old team. This is cruel irony.

Guest cr0ssbar94
i agree 90% of the time but sometimes the computer wont let you win.

So it seems. Shots ringing off the post and passes that bounce off the ass of all your guys.

Seems to happen on average about every 5 or 6 games. Don't know why.

• 2 months later...
Umm...that was the point sir.

I went 29-10 with san jose. kgman won the cup with dallas.

The player is what counts, not the team.

I wrote this and people are bumping in a sad attempt to prove I'm a hypocrite.

It's of course complete bull. The player IS what counts. I think thats fairly obvious when you look at my record with san jose and washington, 2 s**t teams, over the past 2 seasons.

However when you enter into the playoffs, the regular season means JACK and I ALSO prove that over the past 2 seasons. A better player can ALWAYS beat a BETTER TEAM if that player is SUPERIOR.

When you enter the playoffs, its a TOTALLY DIFFERENT ANIMAL. You have one team vs one team. Even if youre superior to 90% of the players, if you play a player of EQUAL TALENT (amongst the 10% that are equal, or better than you)and that player has a GREAT TEAM, you will LOSE 100% of the time! Thats EXACTLY what happened to me the past 2 seasons. You want proof of this theory? Check my overall record. I have something like a %700 winning percentage!!! And my reward the past 2 years are 2 first round sweeps at the hands of all star teams, controlled by players of equal, or better talent!

Am I saying I would have won? No, I'm not. I'm saying we should each be allowed to pick OUR team that suits OUR abilities!

In that sense, YES, the PLAYER is what counts. Which means I could beat Chicago with Calgary against a WEAK opponent! The team in THIS CASE does NOT matter! And THATS what I was trying to get across.

So, nice try! Keep bumping those old threads KGMAN! And I'll keep shooting down your attempts over and OVER again!

In fact, I RELISH when you bump my threads! Gives me an excuse to state how I feel MANY TIMES OVER! :D