NHL'94 Forums

Attendance Wishlist at the next Ko94?

IAmFleury'sHipCheck

So this conversation came up a couple times in Vegas over the weekend... of all the guys, who do you want to see at a Ko94 tournament?

OK, so first off, I wish every guy that has posted on this site was at every tournament but obviously that's not going to happen.  So I'm limiting my list to people that have not participated in a Ko94 tourney.  My active years on this site were many moons ago so my list will be from the old school group.

In no particular order and my list comprises of people that I had the strongest connection with:

1. @HABS -- my 2on2 partner, one of the OG members on this site and a hell of a competitor.

2. @clockwise -- an established innovator who I wish had 48 hours in a day so he could dedicate time to build towards materializing just some of the ideas that were floating around when it came to 94.  He is also one of the guys that helped me get set up on this site and really one of the nicest guys I've come across on here

3. @hokkeefan -- the original bad boy of the forums.  You know, say what you want about hokkee, he played a lot of games in a lot of leagues and he was always up for exis.  I think he would be a pretty compelling character to meet in person.

@backhandfloater -- I met BHF through the forums years ago (turned out we lived a couple blocks from one another in Chicago) and we've remained friends since then.  He would have made this list but we all got to meet him up in Vegas and he stuck around to watch the premier of Pixelated Heroes.  Although, next time,  I hope he will be able to participate in the tourney!

Some honorable mentions -- gr8199, Dmitri, DaDonche, Carse, matthurray, tickenest, swos, the finland contingent, wboy (who I know has done so much for the site but I don't think I ever even played 1 exi against him even at my most active)

Who would you want to see that you haven't seen at the next Ko94?

• Like 1

Geeze, this topic should be generating a lot more interest!  I definitely have a wish list of guys that I wish were there.  I could name 20 dudes...

1. @IceStorm70 - We needed more top guys to fight for the prize money! On the GENs side, we might as well have handed Angry Jay and Raph our entry fees from the get-go? :P  (I kid, but more top guys would have made it sweet.  Although aside from talent, it would have been cool to meet the man behind the handle.)
  2. @Brutus - His big personality would have been a great asset.  Kinda feel like I know him cuz of his vids, but imagine what this guy would be like unchained in Vegas! Would have been fun as hell!
  3.  @Plabax - That`s right! I would love to see the kid from Ottawa come out and play!  I know he is a keyboard guy, but let's face it, he is one of the best ever.  Also just the social dynamic of having Plabs there would be interesting.  He may be the sweetest guy in the world in person?
  4. @AtomicRaven - My good buddy from Toronto.  Would have been sweet to share the adventure with a good friend, and also share hotel expenses!!

I could add more, but that is my Top 4.  Bottom line, we needed more high caliber talent!

Edited by aqualizard

Hey aqua, I'm little surprised as well.  Thought there would be more of a response.

I think I would have had Ice on my list but I was able to compete against him in Toronto.  I used to play against him way back and he is a top competitor now.  Also, Brutus was after my time but I got to hang out with him in Toronto as well and I have to say, he is as fun and great of a guy as you would expect him to be in person.  A real asset to the community and I'm lucky enough to live around Chicago with him ... although we need to take more advantage playing in person together.

Aqua we met in Toronto :)  Ya me EA Brutus and s**t I forget his name now hung out in my hotel lobby in Chicago and played a couple years ago.

the three guys for me are pretty easy: Zalex, Frey and Habs.  Unfortunately all three are KBers so the tourney is worthless to them.  

Also Carse and Plabax, 2 of all time best.  The Pitt crew was a blast to hang with in Tor so guessing carse would be the same. 

SO many I'd like to hang out with for a '94 weekend that this would be a massive list.  So, let's say everyone already mentioned above, then add

MOAR 2v2:  @JackVandal, @kupuck19, @Sebe_The_Legend, @JayLighter420, @minpind, @Wittgenstein, @donnybrook

Finland crew: @swos, @Depch, @nahkahomo

French Friends @Darko99 and @Pearate

Other players - @PRoBob38, @LA Robbie, @Sicarius, @TomKabs93(my God, can we ever play live???) , @xdeathsbloodx, @Skeletor, @Uncle Seth, @jer_33, @Lupz27...this will go on and on.  Literally anyone I've ever said "GG" to, with about 3 exceptions, ;)

nice thread.

There's a few awesome players I'd love to see at a future tourney. outside of guys already mentioedn

@principalities -also known as masterof94. guy dominated the site for 2-3 years in SNES.

@The Deer, @the94kid and bloody throats....awesome players from cape breton.

@Oilers442 excellent snes player

@fenty everyone wants fenty to play. Can't get enough of that guy's funny personality.

@Oilers442, @Grayto and @NorthwayNative were some of the big names I played with when I first joined not all that long ago.

@c4outlaws who has probably been the most dedicated league player for SNES.

@Hazmat13 so I could hit him without the puck and get him riled up. ;)

And of course @XCing1030 who I think might have made the Vegas trip if not for life events outside his control...then again, we all agreed that's not a valid excuse anymore since Kudelski showed despite having a 3 week old back home. 

I'm sure I'm missing tons.

King's got it right - I came in when most of those late-night 2v2 nuts were doing their thing. Lots of great times.

I would include @DaDonch44 to that list, though I don't know if he would actually play. He was a great modder, and league commish - and had many great chats with him.

The one BIG PLUS to hosting the event in Toronto again, would be an almost guaranteed visit from @TomKabs93.

Edited by jer_33

On 10/8/2017 at 7:59 PM, kingraph said:

SO many I'd like to hang out with for a '94 weekend that this would be a massive list.  So, let's say everyone already mentioned above, then add

MOAR 2v2:  @JackVandal, @kupuck19, @Sebe_The_Legend, @JayLighter420, @minpind, @Wittgenstein, @donnybrook

Finland crew: @swos, @Depch, @nahkahomo

French Friends @Darko99 and @Pearate

Other players - @PRoBob38, @LA Robbie, @Sicarius, @TomKabs93(my God, can we ever play live???) , @xdeathsbloodx, @Skeletor, @Uncle Seth, @jer_33, @Lupz27...this will go on and on.  Literally anyone I've ever said "GG" to, with about 3 exceptions, ;)

Thanks Raph,

I really wanted to go to Vegas, especially with it being one of the closed places for me to get to..............but life just got in the way.

I am hoping that next year will calm down & that i'll have more time to get into playing once again & be present in the community. Hopefully the next King of 94 I will be able to make it!!!

Edited by LA Robbie
  • Like 2