NHL'94 Forums

NHL 2018 by Slapshot67 & Skip

skip

The overall ratings are pretty accurate to how good the team actually is in the game (based on the players in the game). Download the excel file to see the team ratings with some other "metrics" to show you how good a team is. ie. average player overall for the 5 starting skaters.

I try to reflect real life stats and skills for players the best I can, which helps to accurately give us a representation in-game. As players show they've progressed (or regressed), I'll update in the game. Enough changes to a team and they can go uphill/downhill quickly. Look at Colorado a few years ago...they were an unbelievable up and coming team. Then they were awful. Now they look competitive again....at least vs. Boston.

New Jersey and Vegas have played well in the first week, but I will let them show us what they have for 6-8 weeks before I make any drastic changes to team overalls.

Players like Butcher (who I already made better than we'd seen) on NJD will likely get another bump for V2 if still off to a great start. 

The ROM is always evolving!

4 minutes ago, skip said:

The overall ratings are pretty accurate to how good the team actually is in the game (based on the players in the game). Download the excel file to see the team ratings with some other "metrics" to show you how good a team is. ie. average player overall for the 5 starting skaters.

I try to reflect real life stats and skills for players the best I can, which helps to accurately give us a representation in-game. As players show they've progressed (or regressed), I'll update in the game. Enough changes to a team and they can go uphill/downhill quickly. Look at Colorado a few years ago...they were an unbelievable up and coming team. Then they were awful. Now they look competitive again....at least vs. Boston.

New Jersey and Vegas have played well in the first week, but I will let them show us what they have for 6-8 weeks before I make any drastic changes to team overalls.

Players like Butcher (who I already made better than we'd seen) on NJD will likely get another bump for V2 if still off to a great start. 

The ROM is always evolving!

I like your roms, Just if you put one out this early. You must reflect all teams right, You know just saying some are in the 70's. Also they play better than that in real life like vegas, Also is the first franchise team to start a nhl season off with 3-0. Also St.Louis Blues is 4-0 so fare i hope to see the changes for the better keep up the good work your roms rule. By the way how do you plan on adding 33 teams if Quebec gets in?

6 minutes ago, wbgs_radio said:

I like your roms, Just if you put one out this early. You must reflect all teams right, You know just saying some are in the 70's. Also they play better than that in real life like vegas, Also is the first franchise team to start a nhl season off with 3-0. Also St.Louis Blues is 4-0 so fare i hope to see the changes for the better keep up the good work your roms rule. By the way how do you plan on adding 33 teams if Quebec gets in?

LOL

• Like 1

wow.  yeah. just move on. um, constant revisions are fun.  we are lucky to have your devotion.  I find it most efficient to halfass the ratings in the first ROM of the season using mostly rookie scouting (and a whole lot of carryover players, adjusted only for weight, really). hopefully by November guys have enough data to do a proper "now."  and then after the trade deadline.  and as many for the playoffs as possible.  damn.  that is a lot of work.  hehe.  you are crazy and we benefit.

Edited by tru
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, wbgs_radio said:

Also Vegas is 3 and 0 same as Toronto or was until last night, Also New jersey so the overalls need to be fixed. 

3 hours ago, skip said:

Sweet, thanks for the feedback bud. Just an FYI, I make a few updates during the season and release newer versions. All of these things will be considered when I make updates.

You don't update every team's ratings after every game?  Better yet, you should update each player's rating after every shot/goal/save to keep things accurate. :lol:

Seriously though, this ROM is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.  Thank you, skip & slapshot! 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 3:19 PM, Quadruple Deke said:

You don't update every team's ratings after every game?  Better yet, you should update each player's rating after every shot/goal/save to keep things accurate. :lol:

Seriously though, this ROM is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.  Thank you, skip & slapshot! 

Thanks bud, glad you like it so far! You're in Boston? Nice - me too!

14 minutes ago, Boston Boy said:

Love both the Skip and Slapshot rom and Naples rom

One thing:

On the skip rom, the away jersey is really bland for vegas,

Thanks bud - I'll can make an update to the away jerseys for Vegas. Thanks for the feedback bud, always appreciated!

4 hours ago, skip said:

We still need guys for VHL5!

If you're new to the site, this may be the league for you! Keep in mind this ROM is a mod, updated to today's teams.

I'd like to join this league if you'll have me.  I'm a longtime player of 94 and fan of the mods, but a total newbie to online play. If the flames aren't taken I'll be them.

18 hours ago, 16-Bit Legend said:

Dude, this is legend!  I'm going to hype this out like you wouldn't believe!

Thanks bud, glad you like it! Let me know if you catch any errors! V2 coming soon...

• 1 month later...