NHL'94 Forums

2017 Fall Classic

Lupz27

So we gonna try, and get this thing going before the calendar turns to winter?

MOD EDIT:
It is open for registration: Register for Fall Classic Here.
To see if you are signed up: Waiting List Status Here.

Edited by aqualizard
added Reg link

I wonder if @Premium will come out of retirement, and give winning Classic a shot, IMO it's the only league he hasn't proven to be the best at, yes he won in 2013 I think, but that was with Detroit, Plabax with Detroit in a classic league is like Raph VS the CPU, it was also pre CB check so that also gives it an * in my mind.

GDL is the NHL '94 equivalent of the NHL.

Blitz is the NHL '94 equivalent of the Olympics.

Classic is the NHL '94 equivalent of the IIHF World Hockey Championships. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

I will never come out of retirement for Classic.

2 hours ago, MrSandman said:

Hmm I may consider a comeback now that I get a very fast internet connection this year. Usually have a ping problem when playing against opponents overseas (north america) 

Internet connection speed doesn't really matter that much, as the physical distance between two players doesn't change.  Ping is a measure of how long a signal takes to travel from one computer to another, and it has to do with distance.  

The more important factor for smoother gameplay is a "clean" connection -- i.e. wired to avoid wifi noise and generally nobody on the network doing heavy streaming. 

Still worth giving it a shot though, good luck, I hope to see you around!

5 hours ago, Premium said:

So we can count you in for the next GDL Mr. Jagr?

3 hours ago, MrSandman said:

Hmm I may consider a comeback now that I get a very fast internet connection this year. Usually have a ping problem when playing against opponents overseas (north america) 

Depch and others had some advice for overseas connections here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/18037-overseas-games-and-laggy-connections/ -- I learned a few things about setting my frames there.

Welcome back! :)

14 minutes ago, wbgs_radio said:

I registered as well I hope you guys got it.

If you go to nhl94online.com > GENERAL INFO > LEAGUE WAITING LIST there you are!

#10 is К1ÐЖ-ϾΛ, the artist formerly known as wbgs_radio! :P Now all you need is to get a test game in, to make sure all is in order.

Edited by aqualizard

16 hours ago, Premium said:

GDL is like the equivalent of the USFL

Blitz is like the equivalent of the XFL

Classic is the equivalent of the NFL

Why?  Because both GDL, and Blitz are currently belly up while Classic is about to run, and only game in town!

Edited by Lupz27
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

GDL is like the equivalent of the USFL

Blitz is like the equivalent of the XFL

Classic is the equivalent of the NFL

Why?  Because both GDL, and Blitz are currently belly up while Classic is about to run, and only game in town!

Well, if you find the IIHF World Championships is the equivalent of the NFL, we'll just have to stop there.

Edited by Premium

3 minutes ago, Premium said:

Well, if you find the IIHF World Championships is the equivalent of the NFL, then we'll just have to stop there.

I don't, but if the Olympics were not for 3 more years, and the NHL was on another season canceling lock out then yes the IIHF World Championships would be a big deal in the hockey world.

2 hours ago, kylewat said:

I'd like to see @kingraphon the waiting list! 

@Premium didn't win many classics for reasons unrelated to his actual ability. He doesn't have to prove himself in anyway,

And Ice on the sign up would be nice.  I disagree Plabax has done nothing but struggle in Classic since the introduction of CB check.

10 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

And Ice on the sign up would be nice.  I disagree Plabax has done nothing but struggle in Classic since the introduction of CB check.

Good bait, but the only time I registered for Classic since CB check was last season with Boston. I went 18-5 and was scoring nearly 7 goals a game! I definitely wasn't struggling.

I participated in two other seasons, where I replaced swos for NJ and Carse for CGY.

Struggling with NJ is obvious.. I don't believe you can win with the Devils. For this reason, my heart wasn't 100% in to it. As for CGY, I played on a setup that sometimes didn't allow me to turn around and go backwards, which is why I lost so many games and finished with poor stats.

As for the other leagues since the CB check... I have more than everyone else combined :D, and that includes me sitting out!

Edited by Premium

4 hours ago, Premium said:

Good bait, but the only time I registered for Classic since CB check was last season with Boston. I went 18-5 and was scoring nearly 7 goals a game! I definitely wasn't struggling.

I participated in two other seasons, where I replaced swos for NJ and Carse for CGY.

Struggling with NJ is obvious.. I don't believe you can win with the Devils. For this reason, my heart wasn't 100% in to it. As for CGY, I played on a setup that sometimes didn't allow me to turn around and go backwards, which is why I lost so many games and finished with poor stats.

As for the other leagues since the CB check... I have more than everyone else combined :D, and that includes me sitting out!

Hey we need all the talent we can get I had to try :)

4 minutes ago, aqualizard said:

Where is jackandjose? Anyone know how to reach him? I was hoping he would be signing up... 

I'll pm him in the forums, I know he voted in the GDL poll so he has been around to check in on news.

Not impressed by the SNES turnout so far! C'mon buds.

Most of the Saskatoon contingent promised me they would play. I know they're not online much, but I suspect we can count them in. @halifax, maybe you can remind Cory.

I'm confident we'll get enough people for a league.

@dangler would be nice to see you signed up!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-10-17 at 1:43 PM, kingraph said:

Internet connection speed doesn't really matter that much, as the physical distance between two players doesn't change.  Ping is a measure of how long a signal takes to travel from one computer to another, and it has to do with distance.  

The more important factor for smoother gameplay is a "clean" connection -- i.e. wired to avoid wifi noise and generally nobody on the network doing heavy streaming. 

Still worth giving it a shot though, good luck, I hope to see you around!

Yeah might be so. It worked sometimes. Well I might sign up for the spring season (if there still is one of those running) 

On 2017-10-17 at 2:40 PM, aqualizard said:

Depch and others had some advice for overseas connections here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/18037-overseas-games-and-laggy-connections/ -- I learned a few things about setting my frames there.

Welcome back! :)

Thanks man!. I just felt an urge to play some NHL94 again. But it would be cool to do a test game with someone overseas to see how the connection work. I remember that the first season I played, it worked pretty good with most players. 

• 2 weeks later...