NHL'94 Forums

HOW TO: Add Blood To NHL'94

BurnXTC

Hi all

I see a few posts requesting blood in hockey. I posted this awhile back in '03 on the old site and I'll post it again here.

Briefly, what I did was this:

"replaced" all the colors of the skate blades with a black color from the pants in Tile Molester. There's no visible change when you do this, and the blade color is isolated so it is "it's own" and yours to play with once you reassign the blade to a pant color.

Then change the blade color in the HEX to red. Pictures below.

Then use that color in tile molester (the old blade color) and paint all over the checked guys in tile molester. I've made about 5 revisions of the sega cd one, and now it's exactly how I want it - a good looking bloody mess.

If any of you are interested in a more detailed guide, please post back and I'll make one up. If you're interested in my rom I can post that too, but I don't use the new stats.

Take it easy!

post-232-1155066947_thumb.jpg

post-232-1155066959_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest cr0ssbar94
I think it should be added too as long as the blood doesnt appear everytime that a player falls down. Does it only show up during injuries?

Exactly.

The only flaw in Burn's work is he went too far, LOL.

When a players gets injured, make a pool of blood around the head area, similar to 93 except worse (no blood around the body. That silly, why would someone be bleeding around the stomach and legs? Did O.J. storm the ice? lol).

And just leave it at that. Perfect!

• 5 months later...
Exactly.

The only flaw in Burn's work is he went too far, LOL.

When a players gets injured, make a pool of blood around the head area, similar to 93 except worse (no blood around the body. That silly, why would someone be bleeding around the stomach and legs? Did O.J. storm the ice? lol).

And just leave it at that. Perfect!

That's how I like it, filthy and violent. R rated.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, it's been awhile.

Adding blood to the injuries is about 100x easier than what I did... all you'd need to do is follow the above procedure and only edit the tiles in tile molester pro that are injury specific. If I remember correctly, these tiles are the last of the player related tiles. Look at them like a flipbook - flailing bodies.

My latest hockies have dismemberments, severed heads and split corpses.

With some precision, this is a 2 hour job, tops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Yeah i want the Friday The 13th version of 94!

Yeah!

I hope this can be done for the SNES NHL'94 version.

buffboardcheckte4.gifav113kb7.gif

Edited by JeffBC

Hey pals,

Glad to hear that the blood lust is alive and well with you.

Here's the one I made back in '04 with the stats current for then. This was a ROM I added blood to that was initially modified by a few oldies on this forum. This is the only Genesis blood rom I made. It's not half as good as the one mentioned below, but I fired it up tonight in GENS and it's not bad.

The one with the latest and greatest gore that I've worked on over the years is for Sega CD. This one has the original NHL 94 teams and stats with a few modifications to specific players (speed, power, etc.). This is the way I've personally always liked to play. I have to warn you, this one is very specific to the sense of humor of the group I play with. There's a lot of foul language and it's really a bloodbath. Let me know if you'd like this and I'll up it for you and post a link.

Take care and enjoy.

-Patrick

Hey pals,

Here's the one I made back in '04 with the stats current for then. This was a ROM I added blood to that was initially modified by a few oldies on this forum. This is the only Genesis blood rom I made. It's not half as good as the one mentioned below, but I fired it up tonight in GENS and it's not bad.

The one with the latest and greatest gore that I've worked on over the years is for Sega CD. This one has the original NHL 94 teams and stats with a few modifications to specific players (speed, power, etc.). This is the way I've personally always liked to play. I have to warn you, this one is very specific to the sense of humor of the group I play with. There's a lot of foul language and it's really a bloodbath. Let me know if you'd like this and I'll up it for you and post a link.

Take care and enjoy.

-Patrick

I've never played the SegaCD version, but I think I have to try it :P If you could make it available, that'd be great, thanks : )

Hey pals,

Take care and enjoy.

-Patrick

Thanks for posting this ;) Look forward to the Sega CD version also !

• 2 months later...

I have to do this "blood thing" for the SNES. That'd just be sweet as hell...only problem is I can't make heads or tails of the player tiles...I'm usually pretty good at editing graphics, but my eyes can't see that jumbly mess. Perhaps I need to load a palette or something to make this happen...problem is testing it out has to be a b***h cause you can't force injury.

Edited by tjans

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes

Ok one more question since this post is about 3 years old am i able to make the pool of blood in NOSE or do i have to use tile molester. if i have to use tile molester where do i find the checked guys in tile molester?