NHL'94 Forums

2017 Classic League Starts Now!

chaos

FALL '17 CLASSIC LEAGUE BEGINS!

Team schedules are up and games can now be logged on the nhl94online site.

We have 4 league levels total (GENS-A, GENS-B1, GENS-B2, SNES) this season.

Admins For This Season: chaos (SNES) and KingRaph (GENS).

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of us. PM through the forum is the preferred method.

IMPORTANT LINKS:

HOW TO: Log a Game with a Save State on NHL94Online.com - Everyone needs to read this (unless you played before and haven't forgotten).

HOW TO: Create a Savestate File - GENS - shows how to create a save state for a Genesis game (IMPORTANT)

HOW TO: Create a Savestate File - SNES - shows how to create a save state for a SNES game (IMPORTANT)

NHL94Online.com Stat Pages - how to navigate to and display the different Season stat pages. The stats are collected from the save states that are uploaded.

Teams and Schedules Page - displays the coach names and Discord usernames (update yours if you have not yet) for the coaches in your division. Again, if you have not joined Discord, you need to - Discord Invite

Some important links for new coaches:

League Website - http://www.nhl94online.com

Getting Started - Getting Started

Kingraph's video on setting up your Gens Emulator - Link to Video

Rules - http://www.nhl94online.com/html/rules.php

Registration (for coaches who missed initial registration, and wish to be replacements) - Registration

Waiting List - http://www.nhl94online.com/html/waiting-list.php

Edit User Profile (if you wish to change any of your information) - http://www.nhl94online.com/html/updateuser.php  (Use to update your Discord Username - it will currently display your AIM screen name)

Most of the above links can be found from navigating the NHL94online.com navigation bar.

---------------------------------------------

For those of you who have forgotten how the site works, or for the new coaches in the league, a game is played and logged as follows:

1. Contact the coach you would like to play on Discord.

You can find their Discord Username by going to the nhl94online.com site. Choose the Classic '94-Fall 2016 league from the drop-down "League Selection" menu on the navigation bar. Choose the "League Level" you were assigned (all new coaches are in GENS-B or SNES league levels) in the left-hand column and click on your Team. Your "Coach Page" should come up, and you can see which teams you have games remaining against. Click on that opposing team's name in the left-hand column, which should load that team's coach page. On the right hand side of the page, there is an area which contains the coach's Discord Username. You can contact them via the #classic-gens or #classic-snes channels on the Discord server, or via direct message. You can also choose the "Teams & Schedules" page from the menu bar and this will list all the coaches in the league and their Discord Usernames. Once you contact the coach, add them to your Hamachi network (or join theirs) and set up the game.

2. Play the game.

Play the game against the selected coach. When playing a game against a coach, the home team hosts the game (this matters for the GENS emulator; in ZSNES it doesn't matter who hosts, as you can switch team control). Once the game is complete, and you get to the "Three Stars" screen or the Final screen, a save state must be taken and uploaded to the site (either coach can do this, please decide who will perform the upload beforehand). Please check out the threads on creating a Save State linked at the top of this thread post. Once the Save State has been made, the game can be uploaded to the site. This is done on the "Coach Page" that displays your schedule. By clicking on your team's name in the left-hand column, you access your "Coach Page". Games that need to be played will have a "Log a Game" link next to it. Choose the game that has been played, and upload the file. Type in your password (that you used when you registered for the nhl94online.com site) to log the game. Once this is done, the game is uploaded and the stats on the site will update.

NOTE: If an incorrect save state was uploaded and has already been processed by the site (both coaches didn't realize the score was wrong and it was confirmed), please PM Kingraph or me. We will need to correct it.

EXTRA NOTE: Do not upload a save state that was taken during display of "Highlights from the game". It will take data from that game that is being displayed. Best place to take a save is when the Three Stars screen pops up.

Also, the schedule does not need to be played in order. It is encouraged to get all your games in with an opponent at the same time.

Checkpoints

There will be WEEKLY CHECKPOINTS.

40 game leagues (GENS-B1, GENS-B2, SNES) - 6 GP / week.

20 game league (GENS-A) - 3 GP/week.

• 6 GP (3 GP) - end of Monday, November 13th
  • 12 GP  (6 GP) - end of Monday, November 20th
  • 18 GP  (9 GP) - end of Monday, November 27th
  • 24 GP (12 GP) - end of Monday, December 4th
  • 30 GP (15 GP) - end of Monday, December 11th
  • 36 GP (18 GP) - end of Monday, December 18th
  • 40 GP (20 GP) - end of Tuesday, December 26th

If you miss a checkpoint, you will risk the chance of being replaced. Coaches who are confirmed on the Waiting List will be used for replacement. This is to speed up the season so we can hopefully complete the playoffs before the end of the year. I do not think this is asking much, and most of the guys in the league are easy to reach and are active in the forums.

If you cannot find a coach and would like to try to schedule a time to play, please use the "Schedule a Game" forum on this site, send them a message on Discord, or use the forum PM. Please make an effort to reach your checkpoints!

Also, the 6 games a week is a minimum . Feel free to play more games than that. For example, if you play 16 games in the first week, then you already satisfy the first 2 checkpoints. It's easy to get to this 6 game point, since most coaches you play multiple games against and everyone likes getting all the games against a single coach in at the same time. It normally amounts to playing 2-3 coaches a week. If there are issues making these checkpoints, please let an admin know. We are accommodating, as long as you let us know.

Regular Season

The regular season consists of 40 games (20 games for GENS-A).

Click the links below to check out the Team Selection Draft and the list of coaches in each League.

GENS Fall 2017 Draft and Leagues

SNES Fall 2017 Draft and Leagues

Playoffs

Playoff series will be best-of-7.

Also, NP (negative points) will be applied to missed games at the end of the season. This could hurt your playoff seeding! If you weren't able to play certain games vs. your opponent you will be given NPs. You will lose two points for every unplayed game. So play early if you can and play often!

GENS-A Playoff Format:

Top 4 make playoffs. They will be seeded by Win %.

There will be no re-seeding in the playoffs.

GENS-B1 Playoff Format:

Conference winners are top 2 seeds, next 6 best teams make the playoffs, seeded by Win %.

GENS-B2 Playoff Format:

Conference winners are top 2 seeds, next 6 best teams make the playoffs, seeded by Win %.

SNES Playoff Format:

Conference winners are top 2 seeds. Next 6 best make the playoffs, will be seeded by Win %.

Hamachi Networks

Due to the limitation of only allowing 5 members in a network, it is recommended that you create a network for yourself, and allow the coach you are playing against to join your network. Then, once the games are completed, you can remove the coach from your network by right-clicking on their name in Hamachi and removing them.

I would also like to point out that it is recommended to open Hamachi before starting the emulator. Also, please quit Hamachi after you are done playing for the day.

That's about all. Good luck to everyone and lets hope for another successful season!

If there are any website problems or questions about the site, or the league in general, please PM me (chaos), email me (chaos@nhl94.com), or Discord (chaos).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The90Jacket said:

anyone know how to fix a tunneling error on Hamachi?

For the hamachi tunneling problem, I've found that if I go into the services page, stop the Hamachi Tunneling Service, and restart it, it fixes the problem. I actually do this every time I start up Windows. You can get to the services page by Hitting "Windows key + R" to get the "Run" window, then type in "services.msc". Find Hamachi Tunneling Service, STOP it, the START it.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 10:07 PM, chaos said:

Checkpoints

There will be WEEKLY CHECKPOINTS.

40 game leagues (GENS-B1, GENS-B2, SNES) - 6 GP / week.

20 game league (GENS-A) - 3 GP/week.

• 6 GP (3 GP) - end of Monday, November 13th
  • 12 GP  (6 GP) - end of Monday, November 20th
  • 18 GP  (9 GP) - end of Monday, November 27th
  • 24 GP (12 GP) - end of Monday, December 4th
  • 30 GP (15 GP) - end of Monday, December 11th
  • 36 GP (18 GP) - end of Monday, December 18th
  • 40 GP (20 GP) - end of Tuesday, December 26th

If you miss a checkpoint, you will risk the chance of being replaced. Coaches who are confirmed on the Waiting List will be used for replacement. This is to speed up the season so we can hopefully complete the playoffs before the end of the year. I do not think this is asking much, and most of the guys in the league are easy to reach and are active in the forums.

Well, we are past the first checkpoint of November 13th and I must say I'm impressed by the amount of games played in B-1 and B-2.  Nobody missed a checkpoint, and a few guys are good until mid-December!  lol.

It looks like you guys are preferring the faster pace, and if we finish early, we can definitely start the playoffs (At least I think?  I have to run that by @chaos...we may have to have all leagues ready before flipping the switch).

Not sure what's happening in the SNES side...it's sad.  Hope to see that activity blow up by the 2nd checkpoint.

Here's the waitlist as far as I know (also on the site - http://www.nhl94online.com/html/waiting-list.php):

GENS
@annatar
@Deac0nFr0st
@jackandjose (for B-1)
@aqualizard (for B-2)
@hokkeefan?
@DXDoug I think has been active...will see.

SNES

@TLinden16(need to be confirmed)
@kingraph 

Edited by aqualizard

I know a couple guys on the SNES side are having issues getting connected on hamachi (namely, stheds2000 and the90jacket). Unfortunately I'm not very good at troubleshooting network issues but I think chaos was talking to Cory last night. I'm hoping we can get that sorted out so they can play.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Genesis Playoffs

A

1. kingraph (CHI) vs 4. brutus (BOS)
2. corbettkb (BUF) vs 3. Lupz (WPG)

B-1

1. Quetzalcoatlus (DET) vs 8. Chefstar88 (VAN)
2. aqualizard (WPG) vs 7. CoachMac (MTL)
3. jer_33 (BOS) vs 6. AdamWoodrow (CGY)
4. trojan (BUF) vs 5. flatcrusher (DAL)

B-2

1. jmj (CHI) vs. 8. viz (DET)
2. AtomicRaven (MTL) vs 7. LeifErikson (BUF)
3. Buc (WPG) vs 6. Darko (LAK)
4. Jackandjose (DAL) vs 5. skip (BOS)

Each is a best of 7 with a 2,2,1,1,1 format.  Higher seed has home ice. 

Playoff pages will be posted soon, but you can play your series asap.  Reminder, NO re-seeding.  No points were deducted for games vs LABS in B-1.  Otherwise a standard 2 point deduction went in, and seeds were based on win %.  Any questions, PM me directly. 

GOOD LUCK!

SNES Playoffs

Due to lack of teams that cleared the 20 GP mark, I decided not to deduct points from games not played, and chose to take the top 8 teams in GP and seed them by Win %.

1 - BlackDevil19 (PIT) vs. 8 - schwartz (HFD)

2 - kingraph (CHI) vs. 7 - stheds2000 (WPG)

3 - BobKudelski26 (NJ) vs. 6 - annatar (NYR)

4 - c4outlaws (WSH) vs. 5 - chaos (CGY)

Best of 7 series with a 2, 2, 1, 1, 1 format with the higher seed having home ice.

You can PM me here or in Discord if there are any questions. Round 1 deadline is Friday, Jan 5th.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kingraph said:

Genesis Playoffs

A

1. kingraph (CHI) vs 4. brutus (BOS)
2. corbettkb (BUF) vs 3. Lupz (WPG)

B-1

1. Quetzalcoatlus (DET) vs 8. Chefstar88 (VAN)
2. aqualizard (WPG) vs 7. CoachMac (MTL)
3. jer_33 (BOS) vs 6. AdamWoodrow (CGY)
4. trogan (BUF) vs 5. flatcrusher (DAL)

B-2

1. jmj (CHI) vs. 8. viz (DET)
2. AtomicRaven (MTL) vs 7. LeifErikson (BUF)
3. Buc (WPG) vs 6. Darko (LAK)
4. Jackandjose (DAL) vs 5. skip (BOS)

Each is a best of 7 with a 2,2,1,1,1 format.  Higher seed has home ice. 

Playoff pages will be posted soon, but you can play your series asap.  Reminder, NO re-seeding.  No points were deducted for games vs LABS in B-1.  Otherwise a standard 2 point deduction went in, and seeds were based on win %.  Any questions, PM me directly. 

GOOD LUCK!

My name is Trojan.  Thanks.

• chaos unpinned this topic