NHL'94 Forums

QOC, relative +/-, behindthenet.ca alternatives (HELP!)

tru

I tweaked my formulae to plug and play with crucial advanced statistics that I pulled from behindthenet.ca before it stopped updating.  the guy does not plan to redo the code that automated that project from the old nhl.com data dumps.  I am desperately seeking current data.  I want relative plus/minus, quality of competition, zone progress/loss for each current NHL player.  please advise if you can help in any way.  thank you for your time.

Edited by tru

based on your image above, I need not bother as it seems to be full of those garbage shot-based corsi and fenwick ratings, and it seems to be lacking those data points that I am after.

.csv is comma separated value. It opens in spreadsheets and even plain text editors.

Play with the options. Some of the data you want is there, it's just called something else.

spreadsheets infuriate me in an unjustifiable rage.  I do my math by hand.  I don't see any of those statistics.  I am frustrated.  which are there?

I have issues with being patient while learning new things.  I essentially retired from learning decades ago, out of fear that I would have more trouble with humans if I didn't cap myself off and focus on happiness.  I am a bit autistic -- that is probably related.  I am frustrated that corsica isn't a website like behindthenet, but is instead a program that generates spreadsheet files for offline use.  shall I let that barrier frustrate me?  yep.  stop me?  I hope not.  I am also irrationally frustrated by the teased help of "it is there, but called something else that I could just declare, but..."  if it is relative plus/minus, I shall grow to overstand, as that data set is the key.  the others would be awesome, but a lack of them might be sloppily overcome.  surely Chara is keeping Carlo afloat, right?  regular plus/minus rates Carlo around a ninety and I just do not believe that is fair to the guys who are better but aren't paired with stretch.  relativity is crucial for me.  quality of competition shifts everybody a bit, as does zone progress, but I have to start with that all-important one.  I don't know how other ROMmers do it, but... I want my toy back!

The data should load in the browser if you give it a few seconds... It's pretty slow if I look at it on my phone. If you have a javascript killer plugin in your browser, it probably won't work.

Rel GF% is basically Rel +/-.

"Rel xGF%" is probably better, it's expected goals percent. It removes some of the luck factor out of the number.