NHL'94 Forums

I Need Help!!!

Stepher1980

I've downloaded dosbox and nhl 96... the game is downloaded, dosbox downloaded and installed. but I can't install the game. I mounted the setup and I went as far as selecting the sound for it and then when I go to install the install type it says "an error has occurred during the installation" does power iso work for the game or do I need daemon tools? the os i'm using is windows 10 and the dosbox i'm using is 7.4 Hell if anyone has TeamViewer and want to do it for me my id # is 293 705 212. I can't buy the actual game it's self because my laptop doesn't have a disc drive, if I had it it'll be a lot easier. please anybody will help? thank you!

Hello!

You have NHL96 iso-file. Place that iso file somewhere on your hard drive. In my case I have it in e: drive in "images" folder. Then make a folder for your nhl96 game, for example "e:\games\nhl96". Then change your dosbox.conf file. In Dosbox version 0.74, you just doubleclick  "DOSBox 0.74 Options.bat" on Dosbox folder and it will open configuration file for you. Add following lines at the end of the file:

mount c c:\
mount e e:\
imgmount n "e:\images\NHL96.iso" -t iso  
n:

then save Dosbox config file. Start Dosbox and you will be in n: drive. Start installation by running "setup" from Dosbox command line. On installation, give folder you made for a game when installation asks for it. After installation, game places you on game folder on Dosbox command line, in my case "e:\games\nhl96". Just run "hockey" from Dosbox command line and game starts. 

For next time you want to play, change Dosbox configuration file to look like this:

mount c c:\
mount e e:\
imgmount n "e:\images\NHL96.iso" -t iso  
e:
cd e:\games\nhl96

then you just command "hockey" and game starts.

NOTE! I do not know why I have to mount c: drive so this game will work. If you are worried about mounting c: drive, do not do it and find other way to make NHL96 to work in Dosbox ;)