NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 - Story Mode (Florida Panthers)

jer_33

Been thinking about this for a while, and wondered if there would be any interest in it?

The premise is to make a special "Story Mode" rom to be played solo. The rom would be upgraded in order to play out the story.

My first edition (again, if there is interest) would be the 1993-94 Florida Panthers edition. The Panthers were 2 pts out of a play-off spot in their expansion year, which sounds great for an expansion franchise - but they were in a play-off race with the Islanders until the final days of the season. An 8 game winless streak killed their chances at a play-off berth.

In Story Mode, a player would try to win-out the final 4 games of the season (@PHI, vsNJ, vsQUE, vsNYI) and progress into a playoff bracket where they would face the Rangers in the first round.

If you like the idea - or better yet decide to give it a go - post your thoughts or results in this thread.

Edited by jer_33

Version history:

• v1 (changed playoff bracket, changed main menu)

Things to change in future versions:

• Splash Screen
  • Scoreboard?
  • Weight-Bug Fix?
  • Rosters (to better reflect the actual team)?

Rom versions:

Edited by jer_33

11 minutes ago, tru said:

how are you forcing the four games?  very interested....

I've set the rom up for game 1(Visitor @ PHI) - you'd have to select your home games for the rest. 

The story would still end the same Rangers sweeping the 1st round (just this time vs Florida instead of the Islanders), and go on to win Lord Stanley!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The story would still end the same Rangers sweeping the 1st round (just this time vs Florida instead of the Islanders), and go on to win Lord Stanley!

I have another idea for a Story-Mode Vancouver that would start from a save-state 3-1 Rangers series lead - to see if the Canucks could finish them off. (Could go back to the opening round vs Calgary in a 3-1 hole to start as well).

Edited by jer_33

1 hour ago, jer_33 said:

Been thinking about this for a while, and wondered if there would be any interest in it?

The premise is to make a special "Story Mode" rom to be played solo. The rom would be upgraded in order to play out the story.

My first edition (again, if there is interest) would be the 1993-94 Florida Panthers edition. The Panthers were 2 pts out of a play-off spot in their expansion year, which sounds great for an expansion franchise - but they were in a play-off race with the Islanders until the final days of the season. An 8 game winless streak killed their chances at a play-off berth.

In Story Mode, a player would try to win-out the final 4 games of the season (@PHI, vsNJ, vsQUE, vsNYI) and progress into a playoff bracket where they would face the Rangers in the first round.

If you like the idea - or better yet decide to give it a go - post your thoughts or results in this thread.

:red_heart:Anything to make solo play more fun is awesome!

I would love to see more of this and the stuff a couple of the new guys are doing.

My 1980 Olympic Rom is also really fun solo, Try and recreate the Miracle with a bunch of 60 rated American College Kids against the Fully Juiced 120 rated Soviets!  Or you Canucks could try for your own.
All the other countries are 60 rated as well, except for West Germany who is 40.  
Go for the ultimate challenge and see if you can win Gold with West Germany.

Does your rom use fart noises for the goal music?:haha:

• Haha 1